Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
terki said:
thanks for suggestion - I didnt make it clear in my first post

Candidate applying for sponsorship pr is in Canada on POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT AND MARRIED TO A GUY WHO IS A PR SINCE 3 YEARS - can she extend her work permit based on this ? or does she need sponsorhip approval on her file before applying for extension

pl clarify and many thanks,
There is no way to extend a work permit based on the fact you're married to a PR or citizen. PGWP aren't renewable or extendable anyway.

If she does an "Inland" spousal PR application, she can apply for an open work permit, which CIC grants after Stage 1 (normally about 6 months, they are running closer to 9 months right now). If she applies for the OWP and pays the OWP fees, she can remain in Canada as a visitor on "Implied Status" until the OWP is granted (or Stage 1 refused).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
I.kat said:
I apologize for the long post :-[ But I would really appreciate it if someone can give me a clue on what will be the next step. Will there be another background check? Will they want to interview us? And how much longer am I going to have to wait?
The open question is how long it takes to do the security checks. Some countries can take a very long time and since they redact that part of your GCMS notes, you have to "read between the lines" to see if there are any issues.

If there ARE potential issues, you will see blank spaces in your report - that can be security issues that have been redacted. There is no guarantee of this (it could be security comments that are redacted). Ideally, you won't see any big empty blocks in your GCMS notes.

The other trick that one can use with security is to realize records in the GCMS notes are in reverse chronological order. So if you see a security update nestled in between two other updates, you know the security update was within that range. Several times I've seen update N and update N-2 have the same date - so update N-1 (the security update) was the same day. I'm not sure why the ATIP office redacts this, since removing the date in this case is ineffective.

At this stage you aren't going to get a relationship interview unless something unusual happens to trigger new concerns. Once security is done and medicals are in hand - and assuming the RPRF has been paid - they should send out the PPR. But this can take a couple of months after that "medical results have been received" message appears, though seeing that message is a good sign.

It sounds like you are close. But there's always uncertainty - the strike, the workload of the officers, any issues that might arise that require additional special case processing. Nobody can tell you how long those things will take.

My advice: keep requesting your GCMS notes as that's the only real way that CIC gives us to monitor the status of our applications.

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
guri3577 said:
what is your nationality? You can order your PCC as it will save you time later. As, far as medicals go you should wait until they ask for them since you didn't send them with ur application. Medicals are valid for 1 year unless CIC extends it which only happens if everything else has been processed!
You need PCC for all countries except Canada where you lived for more than 6 months since you turned 18!
[/quote

hello, i'm mexican, currently living in toronto, PCC is police certificates? where i can get those?

thanks for the replays !

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I don't think anyone can tell you exactly how much longer exactly but once the background is complete it can take 45 days to 2 months to get the COPR.

Thank you for your reply CanadianJeepGuy :)

computergeek said:
The open question is how long it takes to do the security checks. Some countries can take a very long time and since they redact that part of your GCMS notes, you have to "read between the lines" to see if there are any issues.

If there ARE potential issues, you will see blank spaces in your report - that can be security issues that have been redacted. There is no guarantee of this (it could be security comments that are redacted). Ideally, you won't see any big empty blocks in your GCMS notes.

The other trick that one can use with security is to realize records in the GCMS notes are in reverse chronological order. So if you see a security update nestled in between two other updates, you know the security update was within that range. Several times I've seen update N and update N-2 have the same date - so update N-1 (the security update) was the same day. I'm not sure why the ATIP office redacts this, since removing the date in this case is ineffective.

At this stage you aren't going to get a relationship interview unless something unusual happens to trigger new concerns. Once security is done and medicals are in hand - and assuming the RPRF has been paid - they should send out the PPR. But this can take a couple of months after that "medical results have been received" message appears, though seeing that message is a good sign.

It sounds like you are close. But there's always uncertainty - the strike, the workload of the officers, any issues that might arise that require additional special case processing. Nobody can tell you how long those things will take.

My advice: keep requesting your GCMS notes as that's the only real way that CIC gives us to monitor the status of our applications.
I think I'll take your advice and order the GCMS notes again. Thank you

star001

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
I got my medical done a few weeks ago..... after the medical was done i was given a e-medical paper which had my pic and my details and all the test that were done. and i also got a fee receipt.
now i wanted to knw weather i have to attach this only e-medical paper along with my form ? or any other medical paper as well ?

the doc check list (for india) says that a form IMM1017 needs to be filled by me and signed by the panel doctor...what is this ??
my medical is already done ..what should i do now ?

do i need to attach this IMM1017..as somewhere i have read that medical rules have changed since 1 nov 2012....

what did you all attach for the medical ??? ?

pls help !!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
amikety said:
There is no way to extend a work permit based on the fact you're married to a PR or citizen. PGWP aren't renewable or extendable anyway.

If she does an "Inland" spousal PR application, she can apply for an open work permit, which CIC grants after Stage 1 (normally about 6 months, they are running closer to 9 months right now). If she applies for the OWP and pays the OWP fees, she can remain in Canada as a visitor on "Implied Status" until the OWP is granted (or Stage 1 refused).
Thanks for setting me straight on that.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
star001 said:
I got my medical done a few weeks ago..... after the medical was done i was given a e-medical paper which had my pic and my details and all the test that were done. and i also got a fee receipt.
now i wanted to knw weather i have to attach this only e-medical paper along with my form ? or any other medical paper as well ?

the doc check list (for india) says that a form IMM1017 needs to be filled by me and signed by the panel doctor...what is this ??
my medical is already done ..what should i do now ?

do i need to attach this IMM1017..as somewhere i have read that medical rules have changed since 1 nov 2012....

what did you all attach for the medical ??? ?

pls help !!
IMM 1017 was a green and white form when I applied. The Doctor stapled my picture to it. That page is all you need. The doctor will send a report separately with another picture of you. When both sides get to immigration, the IO will match the doctor's report with your file based on the serial number on Imm 1017 and the pictures. When you see "Medicals Received" on your Ecas, that means they have matched both sides and they are now in your file.

MistahFixIt

Dec 30, 2008
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M => CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
amikety said:
IMM 1017 was a green and white form when I applied. The Doctor stapled my picture to it. That page is all you need. The doctor will send a report separately with another picture of you. When both sides get to immigration, the IO will match the doctor's report with your file based on the serial number on Imm 1017 and the pictures. When you see "Medicals Received" on your Ecas, that means they have matched both sides and they are now in your file.
My wife's copy came on a rather thin sheet of paper which reads 'Upfront Medical Data: Client Biodata and Summary' across the top. Her immigration photo was glued to the top right-hand corner of this page, and the sheet was stamped, so that both the photo and the page were marked. It also had a bar-code and UMI number, printed in red ink.

In a large box in the middle of the page read the following:

"This letter confirms that you have completed your immigration medical examination. You must attach this letter to your immigration application forms before you submit them to your selected Visa office. This will facilitate processing of your visa application."

When in doubt, the very bottom left-hand edge should have the form number on it. In my case, it was 'IMM 1017 B'

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
When the Panel Physician submits via e-Medical there is no IMM 1017 form returned to the applicant. All the applicant should get is a form with the UMI number on it (Unique Medical Identifier). Presumably, that's the equivalent of the serial number on the old paper IMM 1017 forms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

That's all that CIC has published thus far - the website is now saying the new PP handbook is scheduled to be released in July 2013 (but it has been pushed out since at one point it said November 2012...)

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Hello Folks and Experts,

I have sent my application package on the courier address of CPC in Mississauga via Purolator. The package was recieved by some Hanon at CPC on 28th June 2013.
When i am going to recieve a client id? i know its been only a week, but is there a ball park ETA that anyone know of?
Thanks.

MistahFixIt

Dec 30, 2008
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M => CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
capri_can said:
Hello Folks and Experts,

I have sent my application package on the courier address of CPC in Mississauga via Purolator. The package was recieved by some Hanon at CPC on 28th June 2013.
When i am going to recieve a client id? i know its been only a week, but is there a ball park ETA that anyone know of?
Thanks.
Either when they send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt letter, or else when they make a decision on your sponsorship status.

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship: pls help me

Please help me, I came to Canada as an international student from the UL to school in Toronto. Prior to that, I have been chatting with my partner since Dec 2010 online while I was in the uk which I have some emails and chats. Upon landing, I attended school for Aug 2011-oCT 2011 in Toronto of which I visited him in Alberta 5 times during that period. I later relocated to Alberta end October and applied for a school in his city of which I was admitted to start in January 2012 because of the strain distance was posing. I started school in Jan 2012 and attended till April 2012 where I had to stop/defer because I was pregnant and having morning sickness. Lest I forgot, we got married March 17, 2012 just 4ish months after I moved to his city. Unfortunately that pregnancy didnt stay so I had to restart school in Sebtember 2012. I couldnt do summer because I was ill and recovering. I registered in September and same thing happened, I found out I was pregnant in October 2012 and was ill from the pregnancy. I had to stop again and defer till the following semester which was Januaary 2013. I happily started in January while I was about 4months preg and in March 25, 2013 my doctor/OB gave me a letter to withdraw because it was a high risk pregnancy with some complications. My husband and I put in my application in April 2013 and it was received on the 11th of April 2013. I had my baby after undergoing a brain surg and C/Section on May 28 2013 although premature, he is doing great.

My question/Concerns
_ My student visa expired June 30 which is last month and my PR hasnt moved stage other than application received...Whats my fate?
-Would I be kicked out of the country as I have no status?
-Can I reapply for student visa to continue studies although that would be after my baby is about 6 months...Would I be granted a student visa when its obvious I wont be attending school anytime soon/.
-Can I be deported with my baby?
-What can I DO? What rights or opportunities do I have?

Thanks a lot

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Please help me, I came to Canada as an international student from the UL to school in Toronto. Prior to that, I have been chatting with my partner since Dec 2010 online while I was in the uk which I have some emails and chats. Upon landing, I attended school for Aug 2011-oCT 2011 in Toronto of which I visited him in Alberta 5 times during that period. I later relocated to Alberta end October and applied for a school in his city of which I was admitted to start in January 2012 because of the strain distance was posing. I started school in Jan 2012 and attended till April 2012 where I had to stop/defer because I was pregnant and having morning sickness. Lest I forgot, we got married March 17, 2012 just 4ish months after I moved to his city. Unfortunately that pregnancy didnt stay so I had to restart school in Sebtember 2012. I couldnt do summer because I was ill and recovering. I registered in September and same thing happened, I found out I was pregnant in October 2012 and was ill from the pregnancy. I had to stop again and defer till the following semester which was Januaary 2013. I happily started in January while I was about 4months preg and in March 25, 2013 my doctor/OB gave me a letter to withdraw because it was a high risk pregnancy with some complications. My husband and I put in my application in April 2013 and it was received on the 11th of April 2013. I had my baby after undergoing a brain surg and C/Section on May 28 2013 although premature, he is doing great.

My question/Concerns
_ My student visa expired June 30 which is last month and my PR hasnt moved stage other than application received...Whats my fate?
-Would I be kicked out of the country as I have no status?
-Can I reapply for student visa to continue studies although that would be after my baby is about 6 months...Would I be granted a student visa when its obvious I wont be attending school anytime soon/.
-Can I be deported with my baby?
-What can I DO? What rights or opportunities do I have?

Thanks a lot

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
So, just to understand (you have a lot of needless information in your post and it's difficult to pick out what is needed)......

You're married to a Canadian citizen or PR?

You've filed a Spousal PR application? Did you apply Inland or Outland? Vegreville or your home country?

You're currently on a student visa which is expired? What about your TRV? You can stay, even if you withdraw, until your TRV expires. You and your husband can also apply to extend your TRV, although no guarantee it will be granted.

Your baby is Canadian. He cannot be deported. In fact, if you leave Canada, the baby cannot go with you without the father's written permission.

If you are deported (its impossible to tell whether or not you're at risk from your post), the baby cannot stop that fact. Neither can your husband. You overstayed your visa, which you promised not to overstay.

The fact you had brain surgery and all the other issues, medical, school, etc, are all irrelevant to your case.

If you don't have a valid TRV, you need to fix your status NOW. You are responsible to stay in status.

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
amikety said:
Thanks for your reply.

My husband is PR

Sorry I dont understand what you mean by TRV but I came into Canada on a purely International Student visa from the UK...Both study permit and student visa is expired as of June 30, 2013.

I didnt mean to say a lot of useless or not-needed info. I was only making a background for anyone reading. Sorry abt that

If I apply for an extension of my student visa, I still cant attend school till January because of the baby

My question on deportation lies in the fact, I need advice on which application to make...Whether to risk applying for school or to apply as a visitor while awaiting my PR....Dont really know

Thanks

So, just to understand (you have a lot of needless information in your post and it's difficult to pick out what is needed)......

You're married to a Canadian citizen or PR?

You've filed a Spousal PR application? Did you apply Inland or Outland? Vegreville or your home country?

You're currently on a student visa which is expired? What about your TRV? You can stay, even if you withdraw, until your TRV expires. You and your husband can also apply to extend your TRV, although no guarantee it will be granted.

Your baby is Canadian. He cannot be deported. In fact, if you leave Canada, the baby cannot go with you without the father's written permission.

If you are deported (its impossible to tell whether or not you're at risk from your post), the baby cannot stop that fact. Neither can your husband. You overstayed your visa, which you promised not to overstay.

The fact you had brain surgery and all the other issues, medical, school, etc, are all irrelevant to your case.

If you don't have a valid TRV, you need to fix your status NOW. You are responsible to stay in status.