05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
jiggyzealous said:
How does CIC find out if one is undischarged bankcrupt? Who do they get this information from?
Credit Check.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
I didn't know that CIC could stay in the office and conduct a credit check on someone. Can someone sponsor if they have a chronic credit issue?

Madtravel

Jun 4, 2013
Computergreek, thanks indeed for your advises!
I would ask for more information please:

computergeek said:
That's not the way it works generally - who is to say she didn't come to "check things out" and see if she WANTED to live in Canada with you. That doesn't violate any rules. Note: do not lie to CBSA or CIC. That doesn't mean you have to tell them all possible future outcomes, either.
We are going to apply for TRV to short 2-3 weeks language courses in Canada. So she will need to indicate in the TRV form those weeks as the duration of her stay. Though the TRV is for 6 months usually. Is that a lie if she stays in Canada after the language courses and could it effect the future sponsorship/TRV extend? What could you advise here?
computergeek said:
It's up to the officer. They CAN reduce the stay, but you can also apply online to extend it from inside Canada - that's much easier if you show you've already applied (or at least paid the application fee).
Do you know what are the official rules on the cases when the officer can reduce the stay? It might be critical in our case so worth of being well prepared for the questions at the border .

computergeek said:
There is no requirement she change her last name. In fact, it is not lawful in Quebec. Yes, she can have information done before the marriage - it just has to be current/valid at the time you submit the application.
When proof of medical examination and police certificate must be presented in Inland? When applying to sponsorship or after Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsores is done (after 6 months)? I'm correct that police certificate can be ordered before marriage while medicals is possible only after marriage?

Thanks in advance!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
jiggyzealous said:
I didn't know that CIC could stay in the office and conduct a credit check on someone. Can someone sponsor if they have a chronic credit issue?
You can conduct your own credit check. Even a potential landlord can do a credit check before they rent to you. The average Canadian carries over $20000 of personal debt. Having debt is common. Managing it well is far less common.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/11/14/transunion-debt-credit.html

I don't believe bad credit history is an issue unless it has resulted in bankruptcy.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Friends,

I just want to ask something. I just sent my spouse sponsoring application to Mississauga on 27 may 2013b and the received on 31st may 2013 as my tracking post showed to me.
But CIC didn't inform me by email or anything that they receive it or not and I cann't see anything online status too.
What it means that they receive anything or not.
I am confused,
Can you help me? :'(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Baby1990 said:
HI Friends,

I just want to ask something. I just sent my spouse sponsoring application to Mississauga on 27 may 2013b and the received on 31st may 2013 as my tracking post showed to me.
But CIC didn't inform me by email or anything that they receive it or not and I cann't see anything online status too.
What it means that they receive anything or not.
I am confused,
Can you help me? :'(
This is normal. You won't hear anything from them or be able to see anything online until they have processed your application. Right now they are working on applications received May 6th. So it is still far too early to be expecting to hear anything about your application. Wait another month.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
I just also wanna ask, in case I will take my application back saying that I am going back to india for 2 months, then would I be able to sponsor my husband again in near future. I just sent my file 10 days before and everyone is saying that I made mistake as I am a new immigrant in Canada.
I am little scared too.
Plz reply
thanks

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Baby1990 said:
Hi there,
I just also wanna ask, in case I will take my application back saying that I am going back to india for 2 months, then would I be able to sponsor my husband again in near future. I just sent my file 10 days before and everyone is saying that I made mistake as I am a new immigrant in Canada.
I am little scared too.
Plz reply
thanks
This isn't very clear... when did you immigrate? when did you get married? what are you scared of?

I'm not sure why they would say it is a mistake...certainly it is easier to prove your relationship if you have been together a long time, but I don't think the fact you are a new immigrant is a mistake - if you are a PR you are eligible to apply from day one.

If you provide some more detail, there are many experienced people here that are able to share their knowledge.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
jiggyzealous said:
I would say so considering I have 5k of consumer debt (two maxed out credit cards) and on a credit counselling payment plan. My rating is R7.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
I noticed today some forms for spousal has changed on CIC website!!
Now, I am waiting for my NOA and Option C to come which will arrive last week of June.
My wife, who is in India, has already signed and sent her forms, but one of her forms has now changed entirely (IMM5490 to IMM5285). Should I tell her to fill and send back all revised forms since all of them are dated 24th May, 2013.
I am so confused. Why DID CIC changed some of the forms??
Also, I had paid the fees on May 15th 2013. I did online payment and I have a receipt. Do I need to check the validity of that payment has expired?
I am still waiting for the option C to come as CRC is STILL reviewing my application. It will be very late! Should I proceed without the option C doc? I have paystubs, T4, letter of employment from my current employer and my bank account statements.
Also, has the case processing centre address has changed?
CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3
I live in Toronto. DO I need to send it to this address now? What happened to the Mississauga office?

PLEASE ADVICE!!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
capri_can said:
I noticed today some forms for spousal has changed on CIC website!!
Now, I am waiting for my NOA and Option C to come which will arrive last week of June.
My wife, who is in India, has already signed and sent her forms, but one of her forms has now changed entirely (IMM5490 to IMM5285). Should I tell her to fill and send back all revised forms since all of them are dated 24th May, 2013.
I am so confused. Why DID CIC changed some of the forms??
Also, I had paid the fees on May 15th 2013. I did online payment and I have a receipt. Do I need to check the validity of that payment has expired?
I am still waiting for the option C to come as CRC is STILL reviewing my application. It will be very late! Should I proceed without the option C doc? I have paystubs, T4, letter of employment from my current employer and my bank account statements.
Also, has the case processing centre address has changed?
CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3
I live in Toronto. DO I need to send it to this address now? What happened to the Mississauga office?

PLEASE ADVICE!!
Your wife should have sent you her portion of the application. You would merge that with your sponsorship application and then send it to Mississauga. Vegreville is for Inland applications.

I would send a copy of your T4 and letter of employment.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
My wife has sent her portion of documents in May 2013. But just now I checked the CIC website, and they have changed the format of documents that she has sent me. Should I get her filled the new format of the document or just send my application package with the old document that my wife sent in May 2013?
Please advise..

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
capri_can said:
Thanks for the reply.
My wife has sent her portion of documents in May 2013. But just now I checked the CIC website, and they have changed the format of documents that she has sent me. Should I get her filled the new format of the document or just send my application package with the old document that my wife sent in May 2013?
Please advise..
Did she send her application to you or to CIC?

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
She sent her application to me. I am collating all forms and proof, etc. and preparing an application package.
I am ONLY waiting for OPTION C, which is delaying my application.
Also, today I found out that some of the document that my wife has sent are changed on the CIC application package checklist!
I am very skeptical to send in my application without option C document.
I am employed and a Sr. Analyst. I have never got welfare ever from Canadian government.
I have T4 doc and Record of employment from previous employer.

sjp52

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am an Canadian citizen. I will be sponsoring my Philippines wife to live with me in Canada. We have been married for 3 years. My plan is that once all the paper work is sent in I was going to go to the Philippines and stay with her until we get accepted and then the both of us would fly to Canada and live in my home. Is this do able ? Is it true the wait is now 14 months