+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Kenhongkong

Aug 27, 2012
I am start my stay for 730 days since 1st of March,
Now, I got the job offer and start work from June,
Can I apply my wife and daughter on september, after my probation. is it to early to do that?
do I need work for 1 year than apply??

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kenhongkong said:
I am start my stay for 730 days since 1st of March,
Now, I got the job offer and start work from June,
Can I apply my wife and daughter on september, after my probation. is it to early to do that?
do I need work for 1 year than apply??

Thanks.
You can apply after your probation.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
fakejordan said:
- Schedule A-Background/Declaration (IMM5669) for you (must indicate start and end months for all addresses where you have lived and all places of employment for you) See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp to download and read the instruction guide to complete your application forms.
They want to see that form with no gaps. If she can't remember, she should give her best recollection. Add a note stating the dates are approximate so they can't claim misrepresentation if something turns up rong.

fakejordan said:
- Updated and original Certificate(s) of No Criminal Conviction from Hong Kong for you, instructions please see: http://www.police.gov.hk
Did she live in Hong Kong for six months or more since she turned 18? If so, that's why they would want that. If not, they shouldn't be requesting it.

fakejordan said:
- Updated and original Certificate(s) of No Criminal Conviction from PRC for you (must covers the period from 18th birthday to present)
That is the normal requirement.

fakejordan said:
Secondly, they wanted certificate of no criminal conviction forms from both Hong Kong and China, is this normal? She is not a Hong Kong resident but she have been to Hong Kong. To request the Hong Kong criminal certificate, they need HKID or doc and her travel doc. Her passport has been sent to the Visa office in Hong Kong therefore she can't provide either documentations for the certificate. What should I do?
If she lived in Hong Kong for at least six months at any point since she turned 18, it is normal. If you need her passport and the visa office has it, you will need to request they return it.

fakejordan said:
Third point, we have sent them a PRC Criminal certification stamped and notarized by the Gov't in China. Why are they requesting specific date must be indicated on the certificate? Doesn't certificate covers the time till the issue date that she had no conviction? I am very confuse with this request.
That does seem unusual or odd. You might wish to ask them what they need that you didn't already provide. You might also want to ask in one of the China-specific threads where people would be more familiar with the specifics of the visa office.

Kenhongkong

Aug 27, 2012
Thx for your reply.
I plan to apply by myself without any repersentative, is it secure??
what is the major reason they will refuse my application? is it any relate to my 730 days issue??

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kenhongkong said:
Thx for your reply.
I plan to apply by myself without any repersentative, is it secure??
what is the major reason they will refuse my application? is it any relate to my 730 days issue??

Thanks
If you still have time to meet your 730 day requirement within your first 5 years as a PR, you are ok to sponsor them.

If you are saying that you have been outside Canada so long that you can no longer meet the 730 day requirement within your first 5 years or that you are a PR for more than 5 years and you do not have 730 days in Canada in the past 5, you can not sponsor them at this point. If that is your case, then you are walking on eggshells to keep your PR and need to stay clear of immigration for the next 2 years. You should then wait until you have your 730 days and then you are ok to sponsor.

rosmaryperez

May 20, 2013
hello i just got married and im a canadian citizenship the problem is that i got married in my second country of residence wich is ecuador... and im staying here for now... so i wanted to know what can i do to get my husband the residence to go to canada... what are the main requirments to get it the fast is possible withouth me having to go to canada and stay there to sponsor him thanks....

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
rosmaryperez said:
hello i just got married and im a canadian citizenship the problem is that i got married in my second country of residence wich is ecuador... and im staying here for now... so i wanted to know what can i do to get my husband the residence to go to canada... what are the main requirments to get it the fast is possible withouth me having to go to canada and stay there to sponsor him thanks....
Are you planning to return to Canada to live?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
rosmaryperez said:
If you're a citizen, you can live in Ecuador to sponsor him. You will need to provide proof you intent to reside in Canada once he gets his visa though.

Main requirements - no criminal background (best for either of you, stricter for the applicant), means of support (job, savings, support from family), no dangerous health conditions (ones that are very contagious, like TB), genuine relationship (show proof of living together, cards, letters, joint bank accounts, pictures, etc, etc, this list can go on and on forever), and in your case, intent to reside in Canada.

Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Sponsor eligbility: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

Nice guide to read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

Your husband will need police clearances from each country he's lived in since he was 18 (or past ten years if he's under 28) or six months or more. Even if he was temporarily working, studying, or just visiting. He will also need a medical exam. The directions on how to get those are in the Guide 3999, the last link above.

In your case, you will also need to get certified copies into English or French of any documents not in English or French. Your country specific guide will tell you what must be certified as a true translation and what is okay to translate yourself.

mbk555

May 18, 2013
hello Leon

i overstayed in Canada for more than 1 year, recently i met with a woman ,she has a PR. she has only 6 months here ,and she was sponsored by her family..we agreed to get married . MY questions are : Does she has the right to sponsor me even she has been sponsored to come here to Canada? if she has the right to sponsor , are there any chances to get my permanent residence under spousal sponsorship though i overstayed in Canada? ..

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbk555 said:
i overstayed in Canada for more than 1 year, recently i met with a woman ,she has a PR. she has only 6 months here ,and she was sponsored by her family..we agreed to get married . MY questions are : Does she has the right to sponsor me even she has been sponsored to come here to Canada? if she has the right to sponsor , are there any chances to get my permanent residence under spousal sponsorship though i overstayed in Canada? ..
If the woman was sponsored by family other than spouse, she can sponsor you. If she was sponsored by a spouse, she would have a problem.

You can be sponsored for PR even though you have overstayed.

atinder

Apr 12, 2013
HI. I am a Canadian PR since Sept.2012. I went to Canada for a month n then had to come back to India for Marriage in Jan2013. I didn't started any job or business in Canada when I was there. I am a full time Director of a company in India and have been working for salary here. I got the full family federal based PR on the bases of my company. Now as I am not yet working in Canada, can I sponsor my spouse by just going there searching for work and meantime showing my Indian job salary and bank balance. Is there a possibility that after sponsoring my spouse in Canada, I come back to India until she gets her PR because she is 2.5 months pregnant and needs my support mentally and physically. What shall be right procedure to start with?
I shall be really thankful for help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
atinder said:
Canada, can I sponsor my spouse by just going there searching for work and meantime showing my Indian job salary and bank balance. Is there a possibility that after sponsoring my spouse in Canada, I come back to India until she gets her PR because she is 2.5 months pregnant and needs my support mentally and physically. What shall be right procedure to start with?
I shall be really thankful for help.
There is no minimum income to sponsor your spouse. You can sponsor her at any time. Since you are a PR you must be living in Canada when you submit the application to sponsor your spouse and you must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed. You can take a few short trips outside of Canada (2-3 weeks). You cannot return to India to stay with her there until she receives PR. If you do this, the application will be refused because you are not living in Canada.

myrn

May 26, 2012
hi everyone,
i really need your need advice. pls help!..

my case is, I am a PR and together with my daughter, we entered Canada last year, August 2012. My ex-husband soon entered Canada (in different destination) after 2 months., but we never met there.. I was the Principal Applicant under Skilled Worker Class.. During my application, our marriage was already in trouble, he have a new partner already and me have my new boyfriend too., it was later on too that we started our annulment. I didnt want to include him but I had no choice, All I was thinking is for me and especially my daughter's future, because the advice for me was better to include him so that I can meet the required points in order to apply. . That time of application, we are already separated, he live and work in different country and me working in different country too, but in papers, we are still legally married... When we got the application approved , I returned his passport to him without removing the visa sticker., but I did not inform and did not send to him his COPR because I didnt want him to come to Canada.. but after 2 months that me and my daughter arrived in Canada, I got news that he arrived there too and I dont know how. He stayed there for a month and went back to his work country.

Now here's the bigger story, just 2 days after we arrived in Canada, I learned that I was 5 weeks pregnant for my second child, with my boyfriend as the father.. I wanted to stay coz Maybe it was good for me because I got the chance to have my child be born in Canada and have a Canadian Citizen baby. My boyfriend applied for a tourist visa but he was refused. And since its only me and my eldest daughter (she's 7 1/2 y.o that time) there, it was too difficult for me as I was still adjusting to my new environment and especially to think that there's anybody to assist me during my pregnancy and once i give birth already, i became so depressed and so i decided to go back to my home country, that was in November 2012. Me and my daughter stayed in Canada for 3 1/2 months only. I gave birth to my 2nd child last April and Im planning to go back to Canada next year coz I dont want to loose my our residency, especially its for the future of my family. My annulment is approved by the court already last March but the marriage certificate with the annuled annotation is still in process in one of the government office here in my country, maybe I will be able to get it 2 months from now.. My boyfriend wants us to get married as soon as the annuled marriage certificate is released..

Now my questions are:
1. What shall I do to bring my boyfriend and my new baby to Canada and how? Is it possible for me to sponsor them?

2. Is there any chance for my PR to be revoked since my ex-husband and I are already separated and I being pregnant with my boyfriend as father the time we entered Canada? (my new baby carried the surname of my boyfriend in the birth certificate

Thanks for all replies..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
clark14 said:
Hello Everyone
....Can you please help me or give some information about planning of sponsoring my wife and son to come and live with me here in canada.......: year 2010 she applied her working permit in canadian embassy in hongkong and her application was refused because she is overstaying and not lawfully admited as working visa holder in that country coz year 2007 she entered hongkong as tourist sponsored my her hongkong citizen brother in law and she did not come back in our home country until now, this coming June she decided to go back in our home country to be with my son who currently live with her mother ....
Post your question to the Foreign Worker section of this forum. The section you are posting to now is for Canadian citizens and PRs who are sponsoring their family members.