+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Amalla

Sep 5, 2012
Hello,

My husband would like to come to Canada on a work visa through his employer. In the meantime, we are still waiting for our passport request from the New Delhi office for his PR sponsorship. Can he be on that visa LEGALLY in Canada whie submitting the passport to New Delhi via mail?

Please advise!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Amalla said:
Hello,

My husband would like to come to Canada on a work visa through his employer. In the meantime, we are still waiting for our passport request from the New Delhi office for his PR sponsorship. Can he be on that visa LEGALLY in Canada whie submitting the passport to New Delhi via mail?

Please advise!
The complication you face is that it is illegal to send Indian passports by mail/post or courier.

Once ND requests his passport, he will either have to travel back to India himself to deliver the passport and wait for visa stamping - or have a trusted friend/family member who is traveling from Canada to India carry the passport back to India and then bring it back to Canada once the visa has been stamped.

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
computergeek said:
It is not necessary. If you wait to pay until they request it, you can expect a 1-2 month additional delay for the process. For those who pay it up front, the visa officer can approve your application when she or he reviews your completed application.

For example, my application was approved very quickly and I had my PPR - from LA - within two weeks of my file being approved by CPP-O. If we hadn't paid up front, LA would have sent a request for the RPRF to be paid and then returned to my file 4-8 weeks later to see if it had been paid and then issued the PPR.
good to know. Will pay it up front then! Thanks for tip!

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Did anybody here knows how long it can take for CIC in Ottawa to contact me to finalize the rest of the process?meaning to granted my PR?did you have pay the 490$ there or you brought check and stuff?.

Iranas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
29 Jan 2013
File Transfer...
20 Feb 2013
Med's Request
2 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
15 Jan 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP : 26th October
Hello..
the email from CIC sayd my document has been transferred to New Delhi, on 20th Feb 2013, after passing the sponsor evaluation. Does it really take 10 months processing time as mentioned in the website?? Is there anyone, who applied from new delhi, and share experience with me?

Jarved

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello..
the email from CIC sayd my document has been transferred to New Delhi, on 20th Feb 2013, after passing the sponsor evaluation. Does it really take 10 months processing time as mentioned in the website?? Is there anyone, who applied from new delhi, and share experience with me?

Jarved

You must look at this one. You are not at the right forum for New Delhi. It has real time posts by our users.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.0.html

lovechild

Feb 21, 2013
Hi,

Seeking some help what to do because I am so frustrated with this immigration process. I filed in March to sponsor my husband -married Aug 2010. Application received from Mississauga dated June 28, 2011 that file forwarded for processing at Buffalo office. Buffalo closed 29th May. File sat 6 1/2 months, came back to ottawa July 7th. File online shows started processing Jan 13/2012. Ottawa processing time increase to 13 months. Feb 13/13 maxed the processing time. What to do? Husband gave up his job in U.S. cause we have been together for 5 1/2 years living apart. How do I go about things ... we don't even know what type of work permit to apply for .... he is a social worker.. had many interviews here and no one wants to issue a labor market opinion letter and job offer. Is there another way to get a work permit for him? Is there a place I can contact to help me to get the application process quicker? Help

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lovechild said:
Hi,

Seeking some help what to do because I am so frustrated with this immigration process. I filed in March to sponsor my husband -married Aug 2010. Application received from Mississauga dated June 28, 2011 that file forwarded for processing at Buffalo office. Buffalo closed 29th May. File sat 6 1/2 months, came back to ottawa July 7th. File online shows started processing Jan 13/2012. Ottawa processing time increase to 13 months. Feb 13/13 maxed the processing time. What to do? Husband gave up his job in U.S. cause we have been together for 5 1/2 years living apart. How do I go about things ... we don't even know what type of work permit to apply for .... he is a social worker.. had many interviews here and no one wants to issue a labor market opinion letter and job offer. Is there another way to get a work permit for him? Is there a place I can contact to help me to get the application process quicker? Help
Social worker is a NAFTA category position, so assuming he is a US or Mexican Citizen he doesn't need an LMO - just a job offer. http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/doing-business-in-america/professions-covered-by-nafta.html

He may also require a medical examination, but that can be done before he shows up at the border. VIHA has a nice description of the process: http://www.viha.ca/careers/international/us_nafta.htm

No reason for him to be turning down those positions.

sanahamidz

Feb 21, 2013
hi all,

i have applied for ma husband's sponsorship i have gotten ma UCID through email ..does dat mean they have sent me Acknoledgement letter through mail???...they received my letter on september 12, 2012 and medical has been received
since then no response from them ...i m worried:(

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Did anybody here knows how long it can take for CIC in Ottawa to contact me to finalize the rest of the process?meaning to granted my PR?did you have pay the 490$ there or you brought check and stuff?.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
For an outland application the RPRF must be paid to CPC-M and it's best to do that online with a credit card. Then CPC-M has to update your file to note that the fee has been paid so the next time someone at CPP-O looks at it they can move it along if everything else is satisfied.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
lovechild said:
Hi,

You could also contact your MP and ask him to enquire. You are passed the "normal processing time" and it seems that your file got stuck somewhere in the transfer. Have you tried contacting Ottawa about your file? start with that, and if no answer, then contact your MP, they can do enquiries on your behalf. They are not always willing to do it, but you never know! :)
at the same time - look at work options according to the previous posts.
Good luck,
Sweden

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

Ah ok thnx,but I'm inland not Outland.On my letter,they said I can pay at CIC in Ottawa when I have the meeting there,a poste check or a credit card.They told don't pay at CIC-V,or don't send the money on their adress.I guess the CIC in ottawa will send me something,I don't really know :(.So now I'm waiting for them to contact me.When I received the letter,CIC-V said that they were happy to tell me that they re done with the application and the CIC in Ottawa will contact me.They didn't send me any link to pay the 490$ because told me to not send they payment to CIC-V.I don't know,I guess I just have to wait again :(.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

Ah ok thnx,but I'm inland not Outland.On my letter,they said I can pay at CIC in Ottawa when I have the meeting there,a poste check or a credit card.They told don't pay at CIC-V,or don't send the money on their adress.I guess the CIC in ottawa will send me something,I don't really know :(.So now I'm waiting for them to contact me.When I received the letter,CIC-V said that they were happy to tell me that they re done with the application and the CIC in Ottawa will contact me.They didn't send me any link to pay the 490$ because told me to not send they payment to CIC-V.I don't know,I guess I just have to wait again :(.
If you are inland, then yes, you can pay at the office before you land. It won't slow down your process though - inland and outland are different in this regard.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

Ah Thank you so much,I feel so much better now :).So,now I have to wait for the CIC in Ottawa to contact me.I hope that doesn't take to long tho,because I have been waiting long enough :).How long can it take to receive the PR in mail?one week or two?re they gonna send me a new Social card number too?