28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
goodman36 said:
Yes, it is applicable. The Sponsor only has to provide it.

As long as you filed taxes using your SIN#, there is a Option C document kept by Revenue Canada. It shows whether you have received any social assistance from government. Call Revenue Canada and they will mail you one (it's free).
Agreed with the above. The Option C is a requirement even if you are self employed (self employed people still pay taxes) and even if you're only sponsoring your wife. It should only take a couple of weeks to arrive so call as soon as you can.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
parker24 said:
Have you ever filed any taxes in Canada? if so, YES it applies to you.
What if he never filed his taxes since 2009? Does it still applies to him??

Could he get an Option Printout C from the Revenue Canada even before he filed his taxes?

AvonStyx

Feb 15, 2013
hello everyone. i am new to this thing. i am a may applicant but my sponsor was approved on the September. i would like to ask if there are sponsors who were approved on september. if they already receive passport requests?

suppy

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
hi everyone
m going to courier my passport today before that i need 1 favour their is a form with ppr request in which it is written

by forwarding this document to u, your representative/lawyer has authorized this ofc to return ur pasport & other documents to the adress in pakistan indicated below

i authorized the following person yo collect my pasport n other documents from the courier company
name ______________ signature _______________________-

wat i need to ask i didnt higher any lawyer i willl collect my self so should i leave thiis column or wat to do plz guide

thanks

challa

May 13, 2011
can anyone tell me please anybody know that how much time to change E-Cas status In-process to Decision made.
visa office; New delhi
my ecas status changes to "IN PROCESS".
TIMELINE:
application applied: JUN 2012
AOR : AUG 2012
PP requested and submitted: Sep 2012
ECAS Status changes to "in process" on Feb 2013

Can anybody tell me is it positive sign for visa process?
How much time will be expected for PP come back to me.

Already 5 months gone after PP submission, is it any chance for interview.
how much time will be expected for whole process.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

For sponsorship,it takes two kinds of payments?550$ for the process and 490$ for granted the PR?,I just would like to know.I still didn't hear anything from immigration in Ottawa.I think I will be able to pay the 490$ by credit card in CIC in Ottawa as I can see so far in my letter :).

Jocelynsarino

Dec 12, 2012
family class dependent children

HI
My dependent children has recieve a letter yesterday form cic manila with thier UCI number,does anyone can tell me on what to do? I dont know where to get the LC2 immigration forms...or should I wait for the nxt letter together with the LC2 kits?
thank you,
Jocelyn

lauryo

Feb 20, 2013
I am a Canadian Citizen (by birth) working and living in South Korea. I have claimed non-resident status for tax purposes and I will be getting married in South Korea to my South Korean boyfriend. Will I be able to sponsor him for "permanent residency" in Canada while on my "non-resident status" in Korea? What documents will I need apply for such things?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

For sponsorship,it takes two kinds of payments?550$ for the process and 490$ for granted the PR?,I just would like to know.I still didn't hear anything from immigration in Ottawa.I think I will be able to pay the 490$ by credit card in CIC in Ottawa as I can see so far in my letter :).
$75 for sponsorship application
$475 for applicant's application

These must be paid at the time the application is submitted.

$490 for the right of permanent residence fee - this must be paid before the COPR can be issued to the applicant.

All fees for this application are paid to CPC-M, including the RPRF.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
computergeek said:

$490 for the right of permanent residence fee - this must be paid before the COPR can be issued to the applicant.

I would add that paying the right of permanent residence fee later, rather than all the fees at once at the beginning, seems to be one way to slow down an application that is easily avoidable.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lauryo said:
I am a Canadian Citizen (by birth) working and living in South Korea. I have claimed non-resident status for tax purposes and I will be getting married in South Korea to my South Korean boyfriend. Will I be able to sponsor him for "permanent residency" in Canada while on my "non-resident status" in Korea? What documents will I need apply for such things?
Yes, you can apply after you get married. Assuming you apply outland (through Manila office) you get all the docs here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Be sure to note the country specific requirements (Part 3) for S.Korea.

Since you are not living in Canada at present, you will need to convince CIC you intend to return and reside in Canada once the PR is approved.

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
computergeek said:

[/quote I am applying to sponser my wife outland from US even though she is here visiting. Reading this about the fees we must pay the $75 for the sponseship application + $475 for the applicants application + $490 for the RPRF up front in order not to slow down the application. I must have missed the RPRF on the Immagration webpage. Is it really best to pay this up front? I mean does it make that much of a difference? Thanks! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Canuckluvus said:
I am applying to sponsor my wife outland from US even though she is here visiting. Reading this about the fees we must pay the $75 for the sponsorship application + $475 for the applicants application + $490 for the RPRF up front in order not to slow down the application. I must have missed the RPRF on the Immigration webpage. Is it really best to pay this up front? I mean does it make that much of a difference? Thanks! :)
It is not necessary. If you wait to pay until they request it, you can expect a 1-2 month additional delay for the process. For those who pay it up front, the visa officer can approve your application when she or he reviews your completed application.

For example, my application was approved very quickly and I had my PPR - from LA - within two weeks of my file being approved by CPP-O. If we hadn't paid up front, LA would have sent a request for the RPRF to be paid and then returned to my file 4-8 weeks later to see if it had been paid and then issued the PPR.

docAJ

Jan 30, 2013
challa said:
can anyone tell me please anybody know that how much time to change E-Cas status In-process to Decision made.
visa office; New delhi
my ecas status changes to "IN PROCESS".
TIMELINE:
application applied: JUN 2012
AOR : AUG 2012
PP requested and submitted: Sep 2012
ECAS Status changes to "in process" on Feb 2013

Can anybody tell me is it positive sign for visa process?
How much time will be expected for PP come back to me.

Already 5 months gone after PP submission, is it any chance for interview.
how much time will be expected for whole process.
Same case as my spouse case....I applied in May 2012....but ecas showed processing on oct 25...submitted PP on sept 25...
I also want to know when could we expect visa?