+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Option C is to show that you are not on welfare. Why have you not filed your taxes in 5 or 6 years? You are supposed to do it every year.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
lunas said:
Hi guys, I'm worried about my police records. I am a September applicant and we got through stage 1 so far. Will CIC ask me to redo my police records? I also had to submit records from another country and those were EXTREMELY difficult to get. Those records expired a little bit after CIC received our application . Is there a chance that Ottawa will be ok with those and not ask to renew them?
We're in a similar situation - records from Russia for my wife were a pain to get (both time-consuming and expensive). My guess/hope is that since we haven't been there in a long time, and won't travel there between now and then, we won't need to update them. I can imagine that they might ask for updated records from the US, where we currently are (and where you are, too, right?), because those could show more recent arrests/convictions, but I got the impression that Ottawa doesn't tend to scrutinize US applicants very much if everything else about the applicant is straightforward.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Anyone who had interview without a decision at the interview,how long it took to hear back from them? officer said my husband would have the decision after seven days but nothing as of yet,not even in ecas. am anxious

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
We're in a similar situation - records from Russia for my wife were a pain to get (both time-consuming and expensive). My guess/hope is that since we haven't been there in a long time, and won't travel there between now and then, we won't need to update them. I can imagine that they might ask for updated records from the US, where we currently are (and where you are, too, right?), because those could show more recent arrests/convictions, but I got the impression that Ottawa doesn't tend to scrutinize US applicants very much if everything else about the applicant is straightforward.
Cool! and we are both from September. I hope Ottawa doesn't asks for any of those records. The US ones are easy to get but the other onessss..ay ay ay
Thank you for replying Ivan! hoping for the best :)

Koukla74

Dec 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Afternoon all,
I had meet my husband while on vacation 2010, we exchanged phone numbers before I left his country. We spoke everyday from that point on... I went to visit him once again in his country and spent a few days with him and him only, I didn't meet his family. Actual to this day, I have never met his family. He asked if he could come visit me in Canada for a vacation . He came for 3 weeks, I realized at this time he had a lot of friends here in Canada. He went back to his country we continued to talk. A month later he moved to Canada and our relationship was blossoming. A year later September 2011 we got married. December 2011, we did our Immigration paper work. Till now I thought everything was great, I was happy I thought he was happy! Yes, he went out with friends, did odd jobs to keep his from going crazy! I always ask question about his outings and he would get very defensive. February of this year, he came home with a truck. Told me it was his friends truck, thought nothing of it. From this time forward he is only home now about 3-6 times a month. I ask questions and it turns into an argument. About two months ago, found out the owner of the truck. Did my research, then found a picture of them on Facebook together! As I looked deeper into her, there was more photo's together. So, at this time it all makes sense to me. I ask questions about his where about and like normal, I don't get an answer and I become very frustrated.
At this time I am completely besides myself, I never been married before, my heart is completely broken. I thought this was a true marriage!
So at this time, I have sent a letter to immigration regarding this to stop immigration. I haven't heard anything yet! My question is, would I be notified if he receives his PR card, do I sign anything? Please help?

Koukla74

Dec 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems that he doesn't know the right from the wrong. He keeps telling me that he doesn't know who this girl is and don't know why someone would post pictures of him. I have several photo's of them together. It is sad. Facebook is a wonderful thing!

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
No Updates from CIC

She mailed the papers thro NORMAL postal delivery from Toronto to CPC-M on OCT 17.

As of today there are no updates or emails about the application.

Whenever she calls the call center -- they are just mentioning 'wait' ! We even don't know " does our application is in the system /" ? T

This really worries me... What can I do? Any suggestions other than " wait" ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shanmba1174 said:
No Updates from CIC

She mailed the papers thro NORMAL postal delivery from Toronto to CPC-M on OCT 17.

Whenever she calls the call center -- they are just mentioning 'wait' ! We even don't know " does our application is in the system /" ? T

There's really nothing you can do but wait. CPC-Mississauga does not confirm that applications have been recieved (that's why many send their packages by courier). The first time you should expect to hear from CIC is when the sponsor is approved. Unfortunately the call centre is not authorized to give out this kind of information by phone - so you'll have to wait for the letter / email.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Koukla74 said:
Good Afternoon all,
I had meet my husband while on vacation 2010, we exchanged phone numbers before I left his country. We spoke everyday from that point on... I went to visit him once again in his country and spent a few days with him and him only, I didn't meet his family. Actual to this day, I have never met his family. He asked if he could come visit me in Canada for a vacation . He came for 3 weeks, I realized at this time he had a lot of friends here in Canada. He went back to his country we continued to talk. A month later he moved to Canada and our relationship was blossoming. A year later September 2011 we got married. December 2011, we did our Immigration paper work. Till now I thought everything was great, I was happy I thought he was happy! Yes, he went out with friends, did odd jobs to keep his from going crazy! I always ask question about his outings and he would get very defensive. February of this year, he came home with a truck. Told me it was his friends truck, thought nothing of it. From this time forward he is only home now about 3-6 times a month. I ask questions and it turns into an argument. About two months ago, found out the owner of the truck. Did my research, then found a picture of them on Facebook together! As I looked deeper into her, there was more photo's together. So, at this time it all makes sense to me. I ask questions about his where about and like normal, I don't get an answer and I become very frustrated.
At this time I am completely besides myself, I never been married before, my heart is completely broken. I thought this was a true marriage!
So at this time, I have sent a letter to immigration regarding this to stop immigration. I haven't heard anything yet! My question is, would I be notified if he receives his PR card, do I sign anything? Please help?
You should give more details so people can help, is your ''husband'' in canada as a visitor? you said ''A month later he moved to Canada ''did he land as a pr?if so i guess you cant do anything, as you know on your application you proved your relation to be genuine now i guess you have to prove that he used you to gain permanent entry in canada. Did you contact CIC and probably you should contact Jason kenney and tell your story in details with proofs that he used you, and you are a victim of marriage of convenience. Am again sorry to hear this hapenned to you, no one deserves to be used.Be strong.Karma will get back to him.

Koukla74

Dec 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shiny88 said:
You should give more details so people can help, is your ''husband'' in canada as a visitor? you said ''A month later he moved to Canada ''did he land as a pr?if so i guess you cant do anything, as you know on your application you proved your relation to be genuine now i guess you have to prove that he used you to gain permanent entry in canada. Did you contact CIC and probably you should contact Jason kenney and tell your story in details with proofs that he used you, and you are a victim of marriage of convenience. Am again sorry to hear this hapenned to you, no one deserves to be used.Be strong.Karma will get back to him.
More details are we sent in our application December 2011 from Canada. We have been married 1year and three months. First three months great! Then after that it went down hill... I have sent a letter to immigration with details and proof and nothing yet. It is to my understanding via photo's posted on Facebook and other social media it is clear they are a couple. He has spent numerous times with her and her family. This girl has sponsored her husband back in 2007 and since are not together!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Koukla74 said:
More details are we sent in our application December 2011 from Canada. We have been married 1year and three months. First three months great! Then after that it went down hill... I have sent a letter to immigration with details and proof and nothing yet. It is to my understanding via photo's posted on Facebook and other social media it is clear they are a couple. He has spent numerous times with her and her family. This girl has sponsored her husband back in 2007 and since are not together!
If your husband hasn't landed and become a PR, then you can easily withdraw your sponsorship. Did you specifically send a letter to CIC and say "I want to withdraw my sponsorship and cancel the application"? They don't need any kind of proof. All they need is a letter from you clearly giving your instructions to cancel the application.

Koukla74

Dec 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
If your husband hasn't landed and become a PR, then you can easily withdraw your sponsorship. Did you specifically send a letter to CIC and say "I want to withdraw my sponsorship and cancel the application"? They don't need any kind of proof. All they need is a letter from you clearly giving your instructions to cancel the application.
Yes, I sent with all details and telling them "This is marriage Fraud"

mv709d

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Hi guys, I'm just wondering for inland application does medical examination is required upfront or it doesn't matter if you will do it at a later date?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
browstone said:
Thank you so much for this post. I am completely overwhelmed and it is nice to read something that is clear and concise. I have but one question at this point. I haven't filed my taxes in about 5 or 6 years so I am very paranoid about the option C requirement. I am sponsoring my spouse to come to canada and I thought showing a minimum level of income was not needed as no kids are involved. I have a letter from my employer stating my length of service and my annual income. Is that enough...I seem to be so focused on Option c I can hardly think of anything else and many answers that I have read are conflicting. Can someone help me.
[/quote

You should file your taxes. In most cases you would be entitled to a return especially if you make less than $30000/year.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
shanmba1174 said:
No Updates from CIC

You might try checking your status using the number from the payment receipt you sent in with the application. Go to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en and enter all the number and use the sponsor's biographical info. If that doesn't work, try using the receipt number and the applicant's info.

And let us know if it works - good luck!