+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

nbkch0x

Sep 4, 2012
Hi Leon,

I hope you have an answer for this, if you were given an exclusion order for one year you can't enter Canada as tourist, you may but you need to apply something for the minister and pay a fee but what if you were given an exclusion order coz you applied to extend your visitor visa but got denied but instead you didn't left, so here comes the exclusion order, you were given 6weeks to stay in Canada before you can leave, once you're outside Canada oyu can apply for permanent residency since that was advised from you too, the processing time for the country you're going is 10months and let's say within 10months you got approved would that waive your 1year banned to enter Canada? Will your permanent residency application be affected 100% of that exclusion order, like that can be a hindrance for you not to be approved? I hhope my questions makes sense and I can get responses from you guys thanks in advance..

mv709d

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Hello guys!

My husband is from quebec and we received sponsorship approval already this August 23, 2012. We have not started the quebec application yet since he's coming here in Philippines for vacation on september, we will just wait to fill the application together and send it first week of november or last week of september. My question is, will I receive PPR even if the quebec application is not yet processed?

Thanks!

Husband is from Quebec and visiting this September too, we got our sponsorship approval last July 23, 2012 then a week after we submitted our Quebec Application, and we just got our approval from Quebec last August 30th letter says they will notifiy CEM about the approval, I would suggest for you guys to submit the Quebec application just to make sure, in our case since we don't have any dependents its not that complicated, although the waiting time is kinnda stressfull too.. I guess when we got our approval last July and even if theyre waiting for Quebec's go signal, they've forwarded our application here in Manila, I guess they've started scanning our application too.. Wishing all of us best of luck may God bless our application so we can all be with our love ones.

sammara12

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Need help!...the embassy ask me for the medical test of my non-accompanying son, within 60 days but my ex-wife is refusing or not cooperating. What should I do?.. Thank you..:(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nbkch0x said:
Hi Leon,

I hope you have an answer for this, if you were given an exclusion order for one year you can't enter Canada as tourist, you may but you need to apply something for the minister and pay a fee but what if you were given an exclusion order coz you applied to extend your visitor visa but got denied but instead you didn't left, so here comes the exclusion order, you were given 6weeks to stay in Canada before you can leave, once you're outside Canada oyu can apply for permanent residency since that was advised from you too, the processing time for the country you're going is 10months and let's say within 10months you got approved would that waive your 1year banned to enter Canada? Will your permanent residency application be affected 100% of that exclusion order, like that can be a hindrance for you not to be approved? I hhope my questions makes sense and I can get responses from you guys thanks in advance..
No - the exclusion order will not be waived due to the PR application. And no - you won't be approved for PR while the exclusion order still applies. If you want to return to Canada before the exclusion order is over, you will need to apply for an ARC (Authorization toRreturn to Canada). More information here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sammara12 said:
Hi everyone!

Need help!...the embassy ask me for the medical test of my non-accompanying son, within 60 days but my ex-wife is refusing or not cooperating. What should I do?.. Thank you..:(
Your ex-wife clearly does not like your son, since her actions can only be detrimental to your son, not to you.

You will need to clearly document the fact your ex-wife refuses to allow your non-accompanying child to be examined. What this means is that even if something happens to your wife, your son will not be considered part of the family class. Thus, you will not be able to sponsor your son. Note that a university education in Canada is considerably cheaper than it is in the US for a resident, but your son won't be able to take advantage of that either. Hence my comment.

Ideally, you need something in writing from your ex-wife stating that she refuses to allow your son to undergo the immigration physical and that she understands this will prohibit your son from being sponsored in the family class in the future. If you cannot even get that much from her, you'll need to document your attempts to request that she comply.

The visa office will normally also require that you sign a document indicating you understand that this means your son will not be considered a member of the family class in the future for immigration. Thus, your son would only be allowed to come to Canada in an economic class or perhaps via an H&C application.

Good luck!

bk.lw

Aug 30, 2012
Thank you for the help. I would like to ask your opinion about which status I should claim.

My situation:

I have been living in Australia on a tourist visa for the last 8 months. Prior I was in Canada working for 5 months. Prior to that I was on a Working Holiday Visa in Australia for 1 year. So in the last two years I have been in Canada for 5 months. I still have bank accounts and an address but own no property myself. I am confused if I am considered living exclusively outside of Canada. I am on a tourist visa that expires next month, and cannot be renewed inside Australia. So I am going to Shanghai for 3 months (my sister and her husband are having there first born). After I help her I will go back to Australia for one month to visit my partner and then return to Canada. We are trying to get all the documents, police certificates etc as fast as possible so we can lodge it before I leave Australia. I am still iffy on if I should put I am exclusively living outside of Canada if I am returning to Canada fairly soon without my partner. If I say I am living in Canada but am abroad traveling when I lodge my visa is that acceptable?

Amalla

Sep 5, 2012
Hi All,

I just got married recently on August 3rd. I would like to sponsor my husband who is working in the States on an L1 visa. I am a little confused/unsure on how to sponsor him. Can any of you please tell me what to do? I have the guide to sponsorship for OUTSIDE Canada since my husband will be getting it from New Delhi. Is that the right guide? Do I have to submit all documents at once or send the sponsor forms first for evaluation? Also, can I pay my fees online or do I have to go to the bank to make payments? I would have called the immigration office to ask but no one is answering. Please help!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Amalla said:
I just got married recently on August 3rd. I would like to sponsor my husband who is working in the States on an L1 visa. I am a little confused/unsure on how to sponsor him. Can any of you please tell me what to do? I have the guide to sponsorship for OUTSIDE Canada since my husband will be getting it from New Delhi. Is that the right guide? Do I have to submit all documents at once or send the sponsor forms first for evaluation? Also, can I pay my fees online or do I have to go to the bank to make payments? I would have called the immigration office to ask but no one is answering. Please help!!!
Congratulations!

You should send a complete application - sponsor part PLUS applicant part - to Mississauga. They will then evaluate you (as sponsor) and then forward the application to ND. Because you are submitting the application to an office in Canada (Mississauga) you may pay the fees online and send a copy of the receipt along with your application.

Good luck!

Amalla

Sep 5, 2012
computergeek said:
Congratulations!

You should send a complete application - sponsor part PLUS applicant part - to Mississauga. They will then evaluate you (as sponsor) and then forward the application to ND. Because you are submitting the application to an office in Canada (Mississauga) you may pay the fees online and send a copy of the receipt along with your application.

Good luck!
Thank you very much! I paid my fees online. One thing off the checklist:) :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Amalla said:
Thank you very much! I paid my fees online. One thing off the checklist:) :)
Did you pay the sponsor and application fee? Note that you can also pay the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" (RPRF) with the original application as well, which will trim a couple of months off the application process generally (otherwise, they will ask for it at some point and then make you wait a couple of months for them to notice it has shown up.)

Fees: $75 (sponsor) + $475 (applicant) + $490 (RPRF) = $1040 for fees when it's all done.

sammara12

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Your ex-wife clearly does not like your son, since her actions can only be detrimental to your son, not to you.

You will need to clearly document the fact your ex-wife refuses to allow your non-accompanying child to be examined. What this means is that even if something happens to your wife, your son will not be considered part of the family class. Thus, you will not be able to sponsor your son. Note that a university education in Canada is considerably cheaper than it is in the US for a resident, but your son won't be able to take advantage of that either. Hence my comment.

Ideally, you need something in writing from your ex-wife stating that she refuses to allow your son to undergo the immigration physical and that she understands this will prohibit your son from being sponsored in the family class in the future. If you cannot even get that much from her, you'll need to document your attempts to request that she comply.

The visa office will normally also require that you sign a document indicating you understand that this means your son will not be considered a member of the family class in the future for immigration. Thus, your son would only be allowed to come to Canada in an economic class or perhaps via an H&C application.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for this nice info!...:)

babyblue

May 28, 2012
please answer asap

:(Hello anyone please,,,kelangan q xe mag seminar for cfo what ba requirements para sa seminar taz saan location d2 aq makati. taz kapag ba pick up visa lahat ng documents na pinasa mo like birth cert.marriage cert.cenomar at cemar at nbi and others babalik sau???Please reply po asap have ticket already dated 15 of sept.is ever d balik ng embassy tong mga documents kukuha aq ng originals uli xe e2 yata ang kelangan sa CFO seminar mga original copies??? please guys married aq sa canadian please help :( :eek: :mad: :( :( :( :) :( :( :(

Amalla

Sep 5, 2012
computergeek said:
Did you pay the sponsor and application fee? Note that you can also pay the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" (RPRF) with the original application as well, which will trim a couple of months off the application process generally (otherwise, they will ask for it at some point and then make you wait a couple of months for them to notice it has shown up.)

Fees: $75 (sponsor) + $475 (applicant) + $490 (RPRF) = $1040 for fees when it's all done.
Yes, thanks a lot! I paid both. Just wondering, does it really take the 9 months or so that they put as the processing time? Or any chance to have it done earlier?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Amalla said:
Yes, thanks a lot! I paid both. Just wondering, does it really take the 9 months or so that they put as the processing time? Or any chance to have it done earlier?
The time posted is the time to complete 80% of applications.

The open data project provides additional detail.

20% of applications are completed in 2 months.
30% of applications are completed in 3 months.
50% of applications are completed in 4 months.
70% of applications are completed in 6 months.
80% of applications are completed in 7 months.

So there are some fortunate cases that receive PR in just two months or less.

Amalla

Sep 5, 2012
computergeek said:
The time posted is the time to complete 80% of applications.

The open data project provides additional detail.

20% of applications are completed in 2 months.
30% of applications are completed in 3 months.
50% of applications are completed in 4 months.
70% of applications are completed in 6 months.
80% of applications are completed in 7 months.

So there are some fortunate cases that receive PR in just two months or less.
Great! Will keep my hopes up then! One more question, does my husband need to get State police clearance prior to submitting the application?