Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
VPS said:
What are the requirements for a multiple entry tourist visa versus single entry visa? how important is it to get an invitation letter for both cases? what are the chances of getting multiple entry visa?

Thanks
VPS
Read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp This will tell u everything u need to know about the TRV (multiple and single entry).
You should also check out the Visitor forum, which will have a lot more information for you regarding this.

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
Hey Scandinavian,

Good for you! Good luck to you for the application, and for your boyfriend - it's his loss! :) it will take time, but I hope you succeed!
Keep on the great attitude!
best,
Sweden
Thank you Sweden! Nice to see swedes! My mom still lives in Sweden, I spent my life there until High school. :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Scandinavian said:
My Canadian boyfriend got cold feet and "wanted some space"..(how much more space does he need when we are already like 4000 miles apart?) :eek:

But hey, you know what? During these months when travelling back and forth to Canada I have fallen in love with Canada.
And I am going to apply under skilled worker, damn, I can do it on my own! Canada already seems like my 2nd home.
Rome was not built in a day, so have to be patient. But I wish good luck to you, all happy couples. I was very in love with my Canadian boyfriend and was devastated for such a long time. Now I am finally rising from my dark cave.
Never gave up! Come to Canada... you never know what the future holds for you here in Canada :)... nothing happens for nothing!!!

joheine

Jun 19, 2012
Hi,

my application has been refused today. I would like to know about my options.
The refusal really doesn't make any sense.

I was living on a work & travel visa together with my common-law partner starting Aug 29th 2010. I was told by the call centre that if I sent in the application for permanent residency at least one month before my working visa runs out, I can stay and work under the same conditions until I will get my permanent residency. I sent my application on 28th of July 2011.

Now Immigration Canada states that they refuse the application, because we only lived together for 11 month at the date of application. That said I have now lived together with my partner since Aug 29th 2010 which is way longer than the required 12 months. In my opinion this decision doesn't make any sense.

What can I do next? To me this sounds like a true nightmare and more like a mistake from a lazy employee. I mean we have been living together for almost two years now.

Of course I will contact the call centre tomorrow, but appreciate any advice on my options!

Thanks!

P.S.: This starts to freak me out!

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
Just wanted to let everyone know that I landed in Canada today !!!!!!!!!

It was an easy process at the border, I have been in BC, Canada since January so we drove over the border, went to Bellingham, Wa filled up the gas tank and headed back.

Went inside was ask a few questions on the COPR then signed it, they stamped my passport gave me a copy of my landing and said WELCOME to CANADA !!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all of those who are patiently waiting !!!!!

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Dear All,
We received a call a few minutes ago along with a email to confirm that my husband has an appointment in with the CHC Islamabad June 27,2012 at 10:AM. All they requested he bring was his passport and the letter he got in the emailthey did not ask him for anything else like phone bills chat history emails cards etc
Is it normal to ask for the passport to bring to his interview
AND should he bring any other documents?
it just happened that now i am with my husband in pakistan.
Please reply and need guidance
TIMELINE
Sponsor approved Sep-10-2010
File tranfered Oct-21-2010
interview ahead on June-27th 2012.
Thank you
Micmac101

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
joheine said:
Hi,

my application has been refused today. I would like to know about my options.
The refusal really doesn't make any sense.

I was living on a work & travel visa together with my common-law partner starting Aug 29th 2010. I was told by the call centre that if I sent in the application for permanent residency at least one month before my working visa runs out, I can stay and work under the same conditions until I will get my permanent residency. I sent my application on 28th of July 2011.

Now Immigration Canada states that they refuse the application, because we only lived together for 11 month at the date of application. That said I have now lived together with my partner since Aug 29th 2010 which is way longer than the required 12 months. In my opinion this decision doesn't make any sense.

What can I do next? To me this sounds like a true nightmare and more like a mistake from a lazy employee. I mean we have been living together for almost two years now.

Of course I will contact the call centre tomorrow, but appreciate any advice on my options!

Thanks!

P.S.: This starts to freak me out!

Hello there!! Its just my opinion

You really not qualify as a common law partner by the time you submitted your application last july 2011.. since u just met/live together ur partner around aug.2010 which is obvious it doesn’t reach the standard definition as a common law partner the 1 year living together..And that 1 year is just a minimum to be qualified as common –law..too bad u not wait 1 month before u submitted ur application to be qualified…

As u mention ur living together for 2 years now but it’s not counted since u submitted it 11 months from ur relationship together..Its just a plus or a development from ur relationship as of now that u live together for 2 years now…Well its an error from u not with the vo.

If u appeal u still not win because u still not qualified in common by the time u submiited ur application..
Maybe u apply again as a common law/ or get married and apply again. In common law ur very much qualified now and more proofs to show..

That’s my understanding only…im not expert ;D

Mike00

Jun 20, 2012
Sorry if my question sound dumb but my head is a HUGE mess atm, im moving to canada on a student cisa in december, my girlfriend (4years relationship) is landing in canada (PR) with me, in order for her to sponsor me as common-law we need to live together for 12 months? Does it matters i am in student visa (issued for 8 month eventhough i can ask for an extension) please if anyone can read my post there you would find better infoi on my case

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi!My sponsor was approved already last year.CIC sent our docs here in Manila last Sept. 2011..My Passport ,Advisory of marriage, divorce cert.of my sponsor as well as the new nbi clearance and personal history were sent last November 2011 as requested.After then didn't hear anything from them.Until today(after 9 months processing) I received a letter asking for RCMP for the sponsor.....

My question is will my application be disapproved because my sponsor has a criminal record?.This happened last 2006 and he was into 6 months probation as penalty no imprisonment.It's between his girlfriend before and him not a relative...Im so worried now coz it's been 9 months already and we're expecting to get a visa very soon but everything's not ok now becoz of this request.....Im crying the whole day.I miss my husband so much and we're expecting to get this visa! Im scared we might be disapproved....:(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mike00 said:
Sorry if my question sound dumb but my head is a HUGE mess atm, im moving to canada on a student cisa in december, my girlfriend (4years relationship) is landing in canada (PR) with me, in order for her to sponsor me as common-law we need to live together for 12 months? Does it matters i am in student visa (issued for 8 month eventhough i can ask for an extension) please if anyone can read my post there you would find better infoi on my case
It does not matter to a PR application that you are in Canada legally in a temporary class (this is known as "dual intent"). Further, if you are enrolled in an 8 month course of study or longer that grants a certificate or diploma, you can apply for a post graduate open work permit for the same amount of time (with a cap of 3 years) as your course of study. Being able to work and study while you are qualifying for common law status and then while your PR application is in process will make your lives much easier.

Good luck!

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
If the bank balance and statements to be submitted along with application is from a non-canadian account (its a Singapore account), would it cause any issues?
However, can make sure I have a Canadian bank account (with max 10,000 CAD) before submitting the application. Is it ok??

Thanks
VPS

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
micmac101 said:
Dear All,
We received a call a few minutes ago along with a email to confirm that my husband has an appointment in with the CHC Islamabad June 27,2012 at 10:AM. All they requested he bring was his passport and the letter he got in the emailthey did not ask him for anything else like phone bills chat history emails cards etc
Is it normal to ask for the passport to bring to his interview
AND should he bring any other documents?
it just happened that now i am with my husband in pakistan.
Please reply and need guidance
TIMELINE
Sponsor approved Sep-10-2010
File tranfered Oct-21-2010
interview ahead on June-27th 2012.
Thank you
Micmac101
Yes it's normal. Take any new evidence of your relationship between the time you sent it and now in case they ask for it.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
VPS said:
If the bank balance and statements to be submitted along with application is from a non-canadian account (its a Singapore account), would it cause any issues?
However, can make sure I have a Canadian bank account (with max 10,000 CAD) before submitting the application. Is it ok??

Thanks
VPS
That's fine! You're allowed to have the Singapore account if you're IN Singapore. :)

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi!My sponsor was approved already last year.CIC sent our docs here in Manila last Sept. 2011..My Passport ,Advisory of marriage, divorce cert.of my sponsor as well as the new nbi clearance and personal history were sent last November 2011 as requested.After then didn't hear anything from them.Until today(after 9 months processing) I received a letter asking for RCMP for the sponsor.....

My question is will my application be disapproved because my sponsor has a criminal record?.This happened last 2006 and he was into 6 months probation as penalty no imprisonment.It's between his girlfriend before and him not a relative...Im so worried now coz it's been 9 months already and we're expecting to get a visa very soon but everything's not ok now becoz of this request.....Im crying the whole day.I miss my husband so much and we're expecting to get this visa! Im scared we might be disapproved....