File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi Leon

Thank you for your post.

I believe that I am able to sponsor my husband whilst both of us are living in England and been married for 20years with young children both also Canadian Citizen. I just dont understand CPC coz they said that for me to sponsor my husband, I should be residing in Canada and my application received by CPC (mail receipt) on 7 February, I have not received any confirmation of AOR. I am really worried.

Thanks

Anna

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qtazngal said:
I believe that I am able to sponsor my husband whilst both of us are living in England and been married for 20years with young children both also Canadian Citizen. I just dont understand CPC coz they said that for me to sponsor my husband, I should be residing in Canada and my application received by CPC (mail receipt) on 7 February, I have not received any confirmation of AOR. I am really worried.
If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor your husband while living outside Canada if you can show that you have plans to move to Canada once he gets his PR. Showing plans to move could include a job offer, having arranged housing, being accepted to a university or at the very least show that you have applied for jobs, that you have looked into where you will live and your children go to school and letters from relatives or friends who might be willing to let you stay while you look for housing or at the very least know of your plans.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
qtazngal said:
Hi Leon

Thank you for your post.

Thanks

I am in the same situation living outside Canada. I hope that we here something soon. Getting really frustrated as I wanted to move by summer which doesn't look like its going to happen. Sad :(

Anna

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
Any one can tell me if Decision Made on Ecas means visa issued or it can be a negative decision (refusal)also?

I heard that before giving refusal New Delhi calls for interview .Is that so?

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi Leon!

I've read some of your posts and I think you are very knowledgeable concerning immigration.
Thus, I wanna hear your opinion regarding my case.

My husband was approved to sponsor me last Aug. 2011. The CIC forwarded the docs to Manila embassy for further processing
of the spousal visa.My passport, his divorce cert., AOM, APPENDIx A were sent as requested last Nov.2011.After then they never asked anything from me anymore.Until 9months this week I received a letter asking for RCMP FOR THE SPONSOR.

Here's the letter:

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for visa to Canada.We require the ff. in order to continue the processing of your application.RCMP CLEARANCE FOR YOUR SPONSOR.
Please understand that your attention to this request is of vital importance to the application.We look forward to receiving the requested documents as soon as possible.

Visa officer

My husband has a criminal record last 2006 with his ex-gf.They were bf/gf for 1 1/2 yrs .He was put into 6 months probation and anger management course.He went 10 weeks for that course.Despite this, he was approved to sponsor me as his wife last Aug. 2011.Now, I wonder why the VO asked for this RCMP clearance.Will this affect my application? Will they change their decision on his sponsorship? Or this is just to look into his current records? He's been good since then no more wrong doings. I am the applicant and I have a clean records here in the Philippines.We're very much worried about this.We're expecting to get my visa for us to live a normal married life.We're on our best when we're together.The waiting game itself is very painful already.And now this RCMP clearance worry us more. By the way, how long will it take to get this if one has a criminal record from finger printing thru a commissionaires to Manila Embassy?

Your reply is highly appreciated.You help alot of people here.God bless you more!

Thanks.

Kishie

Jun 22, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Inter-faith Marriage in India

rosellyalung said:
thanks a lot LEON for the post! god bless all of us!

Hi Leon and All Senior Members, thanks for making such a wonderful forum for us to clear our doubts. God Bless

I have landed in Canada and I have received my PR card. Now I am going back to India to get married to my boyfriend. I am a Roman Catholic and my boyfriend is Hindu hence our marriage would be interfaith marriage.

We will be getting married by civil or court marriage before the Marriage officer/registrar of the district under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 in India, thereafter we will do traditional marriage (as per both customs that is Hindu and Christian rituals) and a common reception in Catholic style.

Neither of us and our parents wants us to get converted to other religion for getting married as per the religion costumes.

As per both traditions, conversion is not mandatory. The Hindu priest is fine in getting us married however as per Catholic priest, he has kept 2 conditions

1. We should up bring our child in Christian faith
2. We should not perform any other faith (Hindu) marriage ceremony after we get married in church.

To avoid conflict, we decided to get married as per Hindu tradition first then as per Catholic one without Catholic priest knowledge.

Now my concerns are:

1. As per the sponsorship form one has to mention their religion. If the New Delhi Visa Officer is well acquainted with the both the traditions. Will he prove this marriage as not genuine as we have not fulfilling the second condition which Catholic priest mentioned even after providing our Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage under Special Marriage Act,1954?

2. Is it a good idea that we mention that the marriage was done as per Catholic ritual ONLY in our application and submit only the photographs taken while performing marriage in the church and Catholic reception as evidence of our marriage to avoid any doubts in the VO mind along with our Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage under Special Marriage Act,1954?

3. Is it true that the New Delhi Visa Officer is not concerned as to which marriage tradition you have followed to get married until you have provided them with our Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage under Special Marriage Act,1954 and other supporting documents to prove our marriage is genuine ?

I would appreciate your valuable feedback/suggestion.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi Blondie216

I decided to write to CPC Mississauga and the Canadian High Commission in London just to enquire if they have received my application. What I am really bother about are the personal information of my family that is somewhere (dont know where are they have not sent me an AOR) that is floating about (as far as I am concern).

I am also hoping to move with my family next year summer before school starts next year (well dont know now if that is going to happen).

Good luck to you mate.

Take Care
Anna

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi Leon

Thanks for your reply.

I have included what I believe they required such as bank my RBC bank account, communications with certain schools for my children, letter from my family where we can stay temporary, email communications with friends of my plans etc. I hope these are enough. I also did tell them I have joined a job hunting website in Canada to look for employment.

Thanks Leon the information

Anna

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In a minute!
qtazngal said:
Hi Blondie216

I decided to write to CPC Mississauga and the Canadian High Commission in London just to enquire if they have received my application. What I am really bother about are the personal information of my family that is somewhere (dont know where are they have not sent me an AOR) that is floating about (as far as I am concern).

I am also hoping to move with my family next year summer before school starts next year (well dont know now if that is going to happen).

Good luck to you mate.

Take Care
Anna

Hi Anna, I am also trying to move next summer as well. I hope everything goes well! Good to you!

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi guys, Today I received another letter from CIC with this:
After reviewing your file it is noted that we are missing the following information:
-Medical examination
-Right of Permanent Fee $490,00.
I'm not sure, if I have to do again because it's expired, or if is missing this document on my file?! Also they sent (Medical Report : Section A) with my photo, i dont know what to do!?!
Another question is if they asking for a Right of Permanent Fee that means I got approved in the second stage? Because As far I know this Fee ($490,00)has to be paid in the land day, correct?

canada6999

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-05-2012
Interview........
In Process as of 3rd Jan, 2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2012 (New Delhi received it on 4th Oct, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
Is there any place where we can see the statistics of the amount of applications sent per month. So far as i can see the amount of applicaitons are higher in Jan. Just hope that the processing time that increased around in jan 2012 decrease. I filled mine in Mid June 2012 and as of today it shows processing time of 82 days

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Re: police certificates

Hello,
I apologize if this question is posted in the wrong thread.

Can anyone please tell me if I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my Common law partner from outside Canada......... Do I need to supply police certificates for myself? I realize that I do for my partner who is not Canadian.

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: police certificates

marcopolocan said:
Can anyone please tell me if I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my Common law partner from outside Canada......... Do I need to supply police certificates for myself? I realize that I do for my partner who is not Canadian.
Not unless specifically requested to do so, no.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Cangaceiro said:
After reviewing your file it is noted that we are missing the following information:
-Medical examination
I'm not sure, if I have to do again because it's expired, or if is missing this document on my file?! Also they sent (Medical Report : Section A) with my photo, i dont know what to do!?!
Another question is if they asking for a Right of Permanent Fee that means I got approved in the second stage? Because As far I know this Fee ($490,00)has to be paid in the land day, correct?
Your medicals are only good for a year from the date you did them so they probably want you to do it over and I paid the $490 when I sent in the application. I don't know if everyone does this but my application said I could send all payment in one time.

canwifesponsor

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2012 - Showing In Process 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2012 - PP received 17-07-2012 - Still no DM on Ecas
LANDED..........
will land on 24-07-2012 on our wedding anniversary
Cangaceiro said:
-Medical examination
You will need to pay the Right of Permanent Fee (490$) beforehand as it needs to be paid before they can issue you the visa. As per your medical, it's valid for a year from the date of examination.