+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how to fill up the spousal questionnaire forms , please send me sample if some one have it , please help on urgent basis, my email karimkhan119 @ gmail.com

Thanks
i am on a fsw program but surprisingly cic has sent me this form to be filled.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Indian_spouse,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It is always great to hear things first hand from someone. Well I am not Jimmy...but I did my engg from Dehradun...Tariyal uncle does sound a bell...but there were so many tariyals around :)

Well, fingers crossed...she is going to try for a tourist visa sometime next week...if it works out...great...otherwise it is going to be a frustrating wait as you said. But now I am clear on what the exact requirements are.

Thanks for the information!

-Jt

indian_spouse said:
hi! is this jimmy from dehradun?
well, i am ur neighbour; met you through Tariyal uncle.
well, my husband has applied for spouse sponsored visa.. we applied on 13th Jan. its past 60 days, guess..he should get sponsorship approval..and then my file would be transferred to new delhi.
in interim, i applied for tourist visa..but the same got rejected..as i said, i am going to visit my husband.. the only objection raised was that they not sure if i will come back.. as i quit my work.. so very important, that if you planning to apply for tourist visa..you may have some relative, she can visit n show that she is coming to visit some relative... and pls check if a marriage in canada is possible for you to register therafter.
as it is you will have ur social marriage here.
cz now when i look back, i think, we got married in india. but what i could have done is..i should have gone on tourist visa n then got again married in canada n registered our marriage there n applied for inland application...
coz this whole waiting business is damn frustrating...!!

Regards

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
I am a PR and sponsoring my husband. I am wondering about the back ground check. My husband is an ex militray person. I know it may take time for processing. Is there anyone who can clear my doubts?

1.During my PR application, my husband was non accompanying spouse as he was in military service. So did CIC do the back ground check for him also at that time? It took only three months for me to get the medical request, the visa office was Buffalo. It was in 2008.

2. Is the back ground check same for both accompanying and non accompanying spouse?

Thanks in advance

martindv

Mar 13, 2012
Leon: thanks for some excellent notes regarding spousal sponsorship, can you plz advice me ..I am in a relation with my partner she is divorced with kids and on social assistance and she is by herself and has no relatives or parents bit tough life for her what will be the best option for me to be with her?? I visited canada several times on visits unfortunately I cant even sponsor her back in Australia due to her kids custody with her ex. What will be the best visa or category i can apply?? I am a Australian Citizen well settled with a good job but only other thing comes to my mind is extreme cold weather in Canada but I have no other choice if I want to be with her. Many Thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
martindv said:
Leon: thanks for some excellent notes regarding spousal sponsorship, can you plz advice me ..I am in a relation with my partner she is divorced with kids and on social assistance and she is by herself and has no relatives or parents bit tough life for her what will be the best option for me to be with her?? I visited canada several times on visits unfortunately I cant even sponsor her back in Australia due to her kids custody with her ex. What will be the best visa or category i can apply?? I am a Australian Citizen well settled with a good job but only other thing comes to my mind is extreme cold weather in Canada but I have no other choice if I want to be with her. Many Thanks.
If she is on social assistance, you cannot qualify in the family category. That would leave either an economic category (skilled worker, investor, entrepreneur) or H&C. The former has specific requirements (you have to qualify to apply in those categories) and the latter has an insanely long wait time with a very low probability of success.

Have you considered seeking a job in Canada? If your skills are in demand, you might be able to find an employer willing to obtain an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) letter and then you could simply come to Canada to work. After two years of that you may qualify for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) depending upon the job category.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
OR...maybe she could go off welfare for the sake of your relationship....It's an option.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hi, I'm new here so any help would be great. We applied on Sept 10/10 and I was approved for sponsorship and received letter stating that.Then the file was sent to Islamabad Oct 21/10.
We heard nothing at all until I contacted our MP and they found out in Jan 24/12 it was up for revision and that a interview was going to set up.
Can you tell me how long after when they say an interview is going to be set does it happen. Also they said that our case in their timeline was until Dec/12.
Thank you for any news of any kind
Salimah

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
micmac101 said:
Hi, I'm new here so any help would be great. We applied on Sept 10/10 and I was approved for sponsorship and received letter stating that.Then the file was sent to Islamabad Oct 21/10.
We heard nothing at all until I contacted our MP and they found out in Jan 24/12 it was up for revision and that a interview was going to set up.
Can you tell me how long after when they say an interview is going to be set does it happen. Also they said that our case in their timeline was until Dec/12.
Thank you for any news of any kind
Salimah
You should order your case notes (CAIPS/GCMS) as that will tell you why they are asking for an interview. As for when, that depends upon the availability of the necessary officer. Perhaps others have more experience in the scheduling of interviews in Islamabad.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp for information about ordering the case notes.

Orpheus1975

Mar 18, 2012
Hi all,

What a great resource I have been a watcher for some time but now would like to ask my first few questions.

I am a Canadian citizen who have been living abroad for the past 8 years.

I married a new zealander 5 years ago and we have been together for 12 years. We have already done my permanent res in Australia and last year I got my citizenship as well.

We were blessed to have a addition to our family 6 weeks ago, a beautiful baby girl named willow.

I would now like to move my family back to British Columbia.

We currently live in new Zealand and the questions I have are as follows.

1. My wife needs many police checks which will take months. Should we submit the application before we have the police checks or wait for a complete application first?
2. For someone like me who there shouldn't be any question about genuine relationship etc is it still preferable to apply outside rather than inside?
3. If we apply outside and I am approved as a sponsor can my wife receive an open work permit, enter Canada and wait for the decision? Or can we just rock up and do an inland application and apply for an open work permit?

Any help or advice would be great!

Thank you so much!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Congratulations on your new daughter!

Orpheus1975 said:
1. My wife needs many police checks which will take months. Should we submit the application before we have the police checks or wait for a complete application first?
Start the police checks right away, even while mulling over when to submit the application. If you are at the point you have EVERYTHING except your police checks, then you can make that decision. At the present time it is taking 2 months to obtain sponsor approval. Sydney (which processes outland applications for NZ) is listing the 80% time as seven months (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp to confirm this, and follow the Sydney link to note that they process NZ applications.)

A well-prepared application is likely to take half that time (3.5 months) - this is probably closer to the 50% figure, which is usually a better guide for an application without issues. If the application shows up without the police records and they aren't there yet, add at least 2-3 months to that time (putting you in line with the 80% figure.) Once you have the police clearance letters, you should forward them to Sydney (assuming you have a file number. If you don't, you should wait until you have one. CIC is really good at losing things.)

I prefer to submit a complete application, as it means you're likely to have short processing time once it does hit the visa office. But others have done well submitting in advance and then following with police certificates.

Orpheus1975 said:
2. For someone like me who there shouldn't be any question about genuine relationship etc is it still preferable to apply outside rather than inside?
Inland: 11 months to open the application + 8 months to process it = 19 months. You get the open work permit after the 11 months.
Outland: 2 months to open the application + 7 months to process it = 9 months. You (or rather your spouse) get to work when PR is granted.

So, in the time you can complete PR via outland you will still be 2 months short of inland AIP.

The one advantage to inland: you don't have to demonstrate the credible plan for returning to Canada, since you'll already be in Canada. Your wife shouldn't have any issues entering (coming from a visa exempt country) but the border officer might give her grief (since it is obvious that she doesn't really intend for the visit to be temporary.) Of course, you could plan on a scouting expedition ("visiting to plan a return back to BC") and then change your mind (plans do change).

Orpheus1975 said:
3. If we apply outside and I am approved as a sponsor can my wife receive an open work permit, enter Canada and wait for the decision? Or can we just rock up and do an inland application and apply for an open work permit?
She cannot obtain an open work permit via outland sponsorship. She would receive one via an inland application. However, as is often observed, the complete processing time for outland is less than just the first stage for inland - so she still ends up with the ability to work sooner than via inland.

bluestone22

Feb 19, 2012
Hi,
I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship I'm temporary foreign worker anthad my boyfriend is Canadian Citizen, our relationship already 1 year,we are planning to get married this December,just want to ask,what are the steps applying the spousal sponsorship "For Temporary Foreign Worker",and what also the requirements. Please reply..thanks in advance;)

rucy

Mar 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st april 2011
Doc's Request.
27 June 2011
File Transfer...
3nd March 2012
Interview........
2nd May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jun 2012
LANDED..........
21st Jun 2012
computergeek said:
CAIPS/GCSM notes are the electronic notes that the various people processing your application make on your file. By retrieving them you can determine the status of your application and if there are any issues with your file (for example, if they have your e-mail address wrong, or your physical address wrong.) If there are doubts about your relationship, they will be stated in the computer system notes.
Hi computergeek

I've read the IMM 5563E form to request for CAIPS and GCMS, they are the databases which containing all case notes taken by officers abroad. My application is applied inland, so how can i apply for CAIPS and GCMS.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rucy said:
Hi computergeek

I've read the IMM 5563E form to request for CAIPS and GCMS, they are the databases which containing all case notes taken by officers abroad. My application is applied inland, so how can i apply for CAIPS and GCMS.
It's my understanding that you would order the FOSS notes, which are the inland equivalent.

See http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes for an article on ordering the electronic notes.

KangaRuthie

Mar 15, 2012
Thank-you...very helpful & easy to understand!

One can go cross-eyed reading countless immigration pages on-line and it has put most of what I have read into an easy to read page for my man! ;D

Have a great day!