Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
computergeek said:
It's my understanding that you would order the FOSS notes, which are the inland equivalent.

See http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes for an article on ordering the electronic notes.
Hi Leon and Computergeek,

My wife is a Canadian sponsoring me and she hasn't live in Canada in 5 years. We live together here in South Africa, she is student and will be finishing her PhD before the end of the year. Do you have an idea of evidence that we could use that she will be returning to Canada as soon as a I get my visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josephs said:
Hi Leon and Computergeek,

My wife is a Canadian sponsoring me and she hasn't live in Canada in 5 years. We live together here in South Africa, she is student and will be finishing her PhD before the end of the year. Do you have an idea of evidence that we could use that she will be returning to Canada as soon as a I get my visa?
Something showing when her PhD will be completed. Print outs of job ads similar to what she would apply for in Canada. A real job offer would be great if you have one. Print outs that you have looked into job options for you as well or if you plan to study that you have looked into what you will study. Plans about where you want to live. Letters from her family members stating that they know of your plans and will do whatever they can to support you. If there is one that says you can live at their house until you find a place, that would be great too. Then pack it all together and hope it is enough.

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Leon said:
Something showing when her PhD will be completed. Print outs of job ads similar to what she would apply for in Canada. A real job offer would be great if you have one. Print outs that you have looked into job options for you as well or if you plan to study that you have looked into what you will study. Plans about where you want to live. Letters from her family members stating that they know of your plans and will do whatever they can to support you. If there is one that says you can live at their house until you find a place, that would be great too. Then pack it all together and hope it is enough.
Thanks for always helping Leon, We'll get all this done.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
I have a similar case. I migrated to Canada under independent
professional category in year 2000. I became a Canadian citizen in year
2003. I was in a relationship in since 1990 that resulted into 2 kids.
But the I was not married to this lady and at the same time I was
responsible to financing and taken care of these kids. After I became a
Canadian I went back home to married this lady under the Civil law
marriage. The ceremony took place both the traditional marriage and
Civil law marriage was conducted.

In 2004 I filled outland application for PR and she was refused because
the VO did not believed there was a genie marriage between us. I did
not appeal. In 2005, I moved to the US to work. With my US work visa, I
was able to bring her and her dependent children to US. Due to US
economy we moved back to Canada. I was able to get Visitor visa for 3
years. In January, 2011, I applied for Inland PR . Will I be able to
sponsor her and the dependent children?

Binga

Mar 19, 2012
Hi Everyone

I need your help understanding some of the process for spouse.
My wife lives in Norway and we are just stating the application now. So since I am visiting her now we want to gather all the paper work and police and medical done.
I understand that the medical exam for my wife has to be done in advance and be submittted with the application for sponsor right? or we have to wait until I get approved for sponsoring?

In any case we actualy went and did the medical exam and the Dr gave a photocopy of the first page where he signed and he told me to send in with the application? is that right ? is a photocopy good enuf? In the appliction it says Cpy2 of the medical report, the Dr says its that photocopy. I am confused. Please help

cappuccino123

Mar 19, 2012
rosellyalung said:
thanks a lot LEON for the post! god bless all of us!
Dear Leon and Seniors

First, I would like to thank you all for your valuable support and for being a guiding star for individuals who have little knowledge on the Spousal sponsorship.

I am from India I have received Canadian PR visa, but not yet landed. I have a boyfriend and want to marry him. If I get married before landing, my PR visa becomes invalid because my family composition will get change. If I inform the embassy that I got married, they will tell me that my PR visa is now invalid and will advise me to send my passport back to them as well as immigration forms for my (would be) husband and his (applicable) fees. My husband’s name will then be added to my application and new PR visas will be issued for both of us.

My Questions are:

1. My Visa Office is New Delhi, what would be my actual processing or waiting time (in months) to get my Revised PR Visa (which includes my husband and my PR Visa) after I submit the entire requested documents i.e PCC, medical and filled forms?
2. The time taken to process our PR Visa (as per the question 1) would be case specific (my bf has no travel history nor convicted ever) or it would be processed immediately (in weeks)?
3. I am adopting this path to avoid any issues later related to ongoing Marriage of Convenience fraud as I am declaring the Embassy well in advance. So is it fine?
4. Or it is wise if I land in Canada without marrying him. Wait till I get my PR Card then come down to India and marry him. Later apply for sponsorship through outland once I land in Canada again.
5. If I land first in Canada without marrying, then come back and get married in India, what should be my minimum and maximum stay in Canada so that V/O considers my marriage as genuine when I apply later for my spouse sponsorship? Care would be taken that we keep ample of photos of our engagement, traditional marriage, marriage certificate, online chats, telephone bills as evidence to prove it?
6. Sorry to be pessimist, if my husband does not clear his medical will my PR visa would be cancelled?
7. Also please advise us, which would be the best option - either I marry now and add my husband to my application so we can both go to Canada as PR together OR I land first, then come back and get married, then go back to Canada and sponsor.

Please pardon me, if I have asked too many questions but your valuable answers and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Hoping for a swift revert.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POLICAP said:
With my US work visa, I was able to bring her and her dependent children to US. Due to US economy we moved back to Canada. I was able to get Visitor visa for 3 years. In January, 2011, I applied for Inland PR . Will I be able to sponsor her and the dependent children?
Before you were refused because they did not believe it was a real relationship. Now you have brought her to the US to live with you and I suppose you have lived together for some years now so that does not apply. I am sure you will have an easier time proving your case this time.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hi Leon,
I hope I can ask you a few questions as I see your knowledge here is quite good.
I don't know where the site you sent me about getting info about our file. Now I also read that you can track the file too. Would you be so kind enough to help me in finding these sites again.

Thanking you in advance
Salimah

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Leon said:
Before you were refused because they did not believe it was a real relationship. Now you have brought her to the US to live with you and I suppose you have lived together for some years now so that does not apply. I am sure you will have an easier time proving your case this time.
Thanks a lot Leon,

I filled for the inland PR last year. No response yet. About two weeks ago they sent a letter to my wife to complete form IMM 5285 with more supporting documents which she did put in a registered mail. It was also verified that it was received and sign by an agent at CIC . We 're waiting as we don't know when this will be updated or attached to our file. As for me the husband, I have not receive AIP. I have ordered for FOSS and some other documents.
I will keep you informed how it goes.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
@Leon

Good day Sir, just want to ask about the new Form IMM0008 with barcode coz i noticed with the old form there is a date at the bottom of it, the date is July 2011 and one of my friends told me that the date of the said form is changing every other 3 months and the form thats dated july 2011 will expire this March 2012 and I need to reprint another one in case it expire. The validity of the new form (IMM 0008) is 3 moths.

Pls. enlighten me on this. Thank you.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
chelseaviel said:
@ Leon

Good day Sir, just want to ask about the new Form IMM0008 with barcode coz i noticed with the old form there is a date at the bottom of it, the date is July 2011 and one of my friends told me that the date of the said form is changing every other 3 months and the form thats dated july 2011 will expire this March 2012 and I need to reprint another one in case it expire. The validity of the new form (IMM 0008) is 3 moths.

Pls. enlighten me on this. Thank you.
CIC does not update the forms every quarter. Indeed, one of the forms (IMM 1344) was updated in December 2011 and again in February 2012, so that was only two months.

However, CIC has stated that they will accept the OLD IMM 0008 form until March 31, 2012. While they will likely accept it as long as it was received by their office prior to March 31, 2012, I'd submit the new forms - they are barcoded, so they skip the data entry step as the information will be automatically entered simply by scanning the 2D barcode page. That will make them at least a little bit faster.

aakulkarni

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country[/b]

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

Hello Lelon

I will really appreciate if you can help with my situation i am really confused . i sent my application on 17th jan 2012 and hoping to get aprroval by this week but i didnt get any reaply so i called on call center line they told me they didnt have any record of application ? they ask me call back in 2 weeks i am confused i dont know what to do ? and i am hoping to get everything done bye end of may as i am planning to visit my wife in end of may will it be ok if i visit and how long i can take vacation ? will it affect my application . thank you

tentenoid

Mar 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/12
AOR Received.
12/07/12
File Transfer...
19/07/12
Passport Req..
16/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/12
Hi Lean and computergeek,

Thanks for all the info you've shared. My wife(sponsor) and I will be starting our application. I'm currently working in Dubai. Our visa processing office will be in Manila. I just wanna ask if it is ok if i still stay here in Dubai while waiting for the sponsorship approval? I've been reading the forum and learned from others that the lead time for Part 1 application takes atleast 55 days. After part1 approval I will go to manila and wait till DM. Thanks in advance!

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Peeps,

couple of months back when i emailed Chc ND, i been told that there are background checks going on.
They cannot give me any exact timings as they have passed this to their agencies to get background checks done if applicant have travel history.

does anyone know, whether its ND taking much time in processing or it's agencies taking time??

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Hi Leon,,

Thanks for your valuable guidance in the past.

I have landed and got my PR Card and Social Card and i am back in india with my job.\

1. I got married in february end, now want to start the processing for spouse visa. As soon as paper work is completed i would move to canada and my wife would send file for processing after i reach canada once again.

2. Problem is there is a section in the form where they are demanding employment documents and since last one year i was employed in india and not in canada. I landed as PR i nov-2011 and returned back to india in 10 days and continued with my job.. Please suggest can i start the process with providing income proof of india or i dont need to provide and with other papers i can sstart the process.??