Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
you need your goods list, and goods to follow list if you are bringing anything else afterwards, along with the COPR, and your visa...that's all you need when you land, along of course with the information where you are living when you arrive...

Kurisuti

Nov 2, 2011
I've heard that in order to qualify for Family Class, you need to have lived with your sweetie for a year. I have no problem with that, but I am curious as to how they document that?

There is a site called 'canada updates' and I read somewhere on there (can't find the link damnit) that they don't really even have a system that record when you go into and out of Canada.

So I am utterly confused. Help please? :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kurisuti said:
I've heard that in order to qualify for Family Class, you need to have lived with your sweetie for a year. I have no problem with that, but I am curious as to how they document that?

There is a site called 'canada updates' and I read somewhere on there (can't find the link damnit) that they don't really even have a system that record when you go into and out of Canada.

So I am utterly confused. Help please? :)
You must have lived together for a year if you wish to apply as common law. You don't need to live together for a year to applied as a married couple.

If you are applying as common law, the onus is on you to provide proof that shows you have lived together for a full year. Proof can be things such as: lease agreements that show both names, other bills (e.g. hydro), joint bank statements, etc.

noemek

Oct 23, 2011
hi, is it possible for us to apply for a visitor's visa after we get married, while we are applying for a spousal visa at the same time?

ernestonnjr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
This is my Timeline now!

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

May mga tanong lang po ako..

1. Di agad nabayaran ng aking asawa ang RPRF dahil ang sabi daw doon sa kakilala nya ay sa susunod na lang daw after ma ok na ako but may nabasa akong forum na pwede pala isabay ang pagbabayad ng processing fee noon at sinabi ko agad sa asawa ko about this.. So di namin hinintay ang notice galing sa CEm papunta sa CPC-M para sa asawa ko o sponsor para magbabayad sya ng RPRF.. Sinabi ko po sa asawa ko na pwede na magbayad ng RPRF kahit wala ang notice ng CPC-M.. Kaya po nagbayad po ang aking asawa ng RPRF noong Oct.28, 2011..at agad nyang pina-fax ang AOR sa cpc-m at dito din.. Pina fax nya dito sa CEM noong Nov.3, 2011 at nakatanggap sya ng confirmation letter na na recieve ng canadian embassy manila ang AOR nung time na pinafax nya ang AOR sa CEM

ito po kase ang nabasa ko:
1.c. For late payment of RPRF ($490): Basically CEM will inform CPC-M that you have not paid the RPRF. Then CPC-M will send a notification mail (via postal) to the Sponsored Person requesting you to pay the RPRF but the fees have to be paid by the Sponsor.
2.. advise: wag nang antayin ang RPRF request, pwede kayong magbayad ng kusa without the notification letter (like other forumers did); just indicate your client or immigration file no.

Ask ko lang di pa nakatanggap ng notification mail galing sa CPC-M ang asawa ko ata agad nyang binayaran at pina fax agad ang AOR sa CPC-M at dito sa CEM noong last week lang..

3. Consider ba akong late sa pagbabayad kahit wala pang notification natanggap ang asawa ko..?

So, ilang months po ang waiting ko dito para ma recieve ang visa ko po..doon na lahat lahat requirement ko pati passport ko?

Naguguluhan kase ako dito ngayon at naiinip.. sana mabigyan nyo ako ng payo..

God Bless po and to GOD be the GLORY.
Salamat po

Jun Nuñez...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
noemek said:
hi, is it possible for us to apply for a visitor's visa after we get married, while we are applying for a spousal visa at the same time?
Yes - it's certainly possible to apply. However there's no guarantee the visit visa will be approved. In fact, there's probably a good chance it will be refused because CIC will know you are interested in living in Canada long term. But you can certainly try!

Kurisuti

Nov 2, 2011
Ohhh now I gotcha. :) It's all cleared up then thank you. Mind you I'll be spending lots of time with my lovey anyway before we start the application, but this is good to know. I'm not fond of dealing with the border officers too much.

scylla said:
You must have lived together for a year if you wish to apply as common law. You don't need to live together for a year to applied as a married couple.

If you are applying as common law, the onus is on you to provide proof that shows you have lived together for a full year. Proof can be things such as: lease agreements that show both names, other bills (e.g. hydro), joint bank statements, etc.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ernestonnjr said:
This is my Timeline now!

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

May mga tanong lang po ako..

1. Di agad nabayaran ng aking asawa ang RPRF dahil ang sabi daw doon sa kakilala nya ay sa susunod na lang daw after ma ok na ako but may nabasa akong forum na pwede pala isabay ang pagbabayad ng processing fee noon at sinabi ko agad sa asawa ko about this.. So di namin hinintay ang notice galing sa CEm papunta sa CPC-M para sa asawa ko o sponsor para magbabayad sya ng RPRF.. Sinabi ko po sa asawa ko na pwede na magbayad ng RPRF kahit wala ang notice ng CPC-M.. Kaya po nagbayad po ang aking asawa ng RPRF noong Oct.28, 2011..at agad nyang pina-fax ang AOR sa cpc-m at dito din.. Pina fax nya dito sa CEM noong Nov.3, 2011 at nakatanggap sya ng confirmation letter na na recieve ng canadian embassy manila ang AOR nung time na pinafax nya ang AOR sa CEM

ito po kase ang nabasa ko:
1.c. For late payment of RPRF ($490): Basically CEM will inform CPC-M that you have not paid the RPRF. Then CPC-M will send a notification mail (via postal) to the Sponsored Person requesting you to pay the RPRF but the fees have to be paid by the Sponsor.
2.. advise: wag nang antayin ang RPRF request, pwede kayong magbayad ng kusa without the notification letter (like other forumers did); just indicate your client or immigration file no.

Ask ko lang di pa nakatanggap ng notification mail galing sa CPC-M ang asawa ko ata agad nyang binayaran at pina fax agad ang AOR sa CPC-M at dito sa CEM noong last week lang..

3. Consider ba akong late sa pagbabayad kahit wala pang notification natanggap ang asawa ko..?

So, ilang months po ang waiting ko dito para ma recieve ang visa ko po..doon na lahat lahat requirement ko pati passport ko?

Naguguluhan kase ako dito ngayon at naiinip.. sana mabigyan nyo ako ng payo..

God Bless po and to GOD be the GLORY.
Salamat po

Jun Nuñez...
Would be happy to answer your questions if they were in English.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
IndianOcean said:
Hey guys,
I need some advice on this please,
We sent our application on 9 Aug and they received it on 12 Aug (outland Spousal Sponsorship), my wife called the call center a couple of days ago they said we were approved and gave us our id number. I can log in into ecas, shows our application was approved on 6th October. Things is, we haven't received any mail or email from CPC-M. And we need that in order to apply to CSQ before our file gets transferred to our VO.

We have called numerous times the call center, each time a different story and agent. They say it takes 6 weeks the letter to get to us (really??!!). Another guy said we have to wait until December.

Any advice what we should do?

thanks!
Someone please??

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
IndianOcean said:
Someone please??
Yes it could take that long to get the letter...you can always try to call the centre again, and specifically ask for a client id number and ask what might be the status of the sponsorship app

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
CAN ANYONE ANSWER ME PLEASE

do i have to send a copy of the receipt to VO ? i received email from pilot office in ottawa asking me to pay RPRF & send a copy of receipt to mississauga but they didn't mention anything about sending a copy to VO.. another question please, how much time it takes for VO to call asking for my passport after paying RPRF?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilyy00 said:
CAN ANYONE ANSWER ME PLEASE

do i have to send a copy of the receipt to VO ? i received email from pilot office in ottawa asking me to pay RPRF & send a copy of receipt to mississauga but they didn't mention anything about sending a copy to VO.. another question please, how much time it takes for VO to call asking for my passport after paying RPRF?
Yes its always good practice to send to VO as well as CPC-M

honeylaine

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I need help to complete my application form (General Application Form - IMM0088).

Question #7 a) Have you received your Certificate de Selection du Quebec (CSQ)?
if yes, please indicate the number
if no, when did u apply for your CSQ?

I'm confused with this question, my husband is from Quebec but we didnt apply for CSQ. i dont know what to answer, if i answer "No" i have to enter the date when we apply for CSQ, if "YES" we need to indicate the number.

Is it ok to leave it blank? or do we need to apply CSQ before submitting our application, i dont even understand how to get that CSQ.

I hope someone will give time to response, thanks a lot.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
honeylaine said:
Hi Everyone,

I need help to complete my application form (General Application Form - IMM0088).

Question #7 a) Have you received your Certificate de Selection du Quebec (CSQ)?
if yes, please indicate the number
if no, when did u apply for your CSQ?

I'm confused with this question, my husband is from Quebec but we didnt apply for CSQ. i dont know what to answer, if i answer "No" i have to enter the date when we apply for CSQ, if "YES" we need to indicate the number.

Is it ok to leave it blank? or do we need to apply CSQ before submitting our application, i dont even understand how to get that CSQ.

I hope someone will give time to response, thanks a lot.
You would answer NO, because you need approval from CPC-M first in order to apply to MICC for the CSQ. When your husband is approved to sponsor you, CPC-M will send him instructions and information on completing the CSQ application. Put a date a suitable number of days into the future if you absolutely have to enter a date. If you don't need a date for the form to be valid, just leave it blank.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
hi I'm sponsoring my husband Outland and us and our three children live in the US and we are planing to stay here until his PR comes through. I haven't been working so I don't have an option c but my dad has written a letter saying that he is willing to let us live with him until we are able to find a place and because he owns his own bussnes he is also willing to provide employment for us. I'm wondering if I need to have him sign and send me a copy of the letter or if he typed it up and sent it via email if I were to just print it out I that would work? Also should we send in a copy of our US tax return as proof of previous employment? What about a copy of our bank statement showing our savings? Thanks!