OCT 13, 2011
Passport Req..
OCT 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 3, 2011
LANDED..........
NOVEMBER 18, 2011
hi guys..

just a quick question i hope someone can give some relieving answer.

i forget to put "not applicable" in the question that does not apply to us. i.e. co-signer, accompanying spouse, adoption.

will the immigration returned our application. even if its straight forward that the person i am sponsoring is my husband. and i don't have s child and same as he.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
panda58 said:
Can anyone help me with this?
It does say that sponsor can not be on social assistance, doesn't say where. Even if they don't care because it is not in Canada, you still have to show your income. Although there is no flat out specific income requirement for spousal sponsorship, they are allowed to refuse you if they believe you would be unable to support yourselves in Canada. Being on social assistance might not look good for you. They may look at your case and wonder if you need assistance in the US, maybe you will need assistance in Canada too.

F

flower11

If you are called for an interview but then you are not currently residing in the place where your sponsorship is processed and you won't be able to attend the interview, is it possible to ask that the interview will be conducted in other visa office like from Cairo office to Abudhabi? I need your answer please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
flower11 said:
If you are called for an interview but then you are not currently residing in the place where your sponsorship is processed and you won't be able to attend the interview, is it possible to ask that the interview will be conducted in other visa office like from Cairo office to Abudhabi? I need your answer please.
No - unfortunately this is not possible. You must attend the interview in the location where your file is being processed.

F

flower11

scylla said:
No - unfortunately this is not possible. You must attend the interview in the location where your file is being processed.
What if it's so dangerous to go back Egypt due to religion conflict?Is there no other way?

lw09sv

Jul 16, 2011
Dear sir,

I am French planning on applying for the working visa in Canada. Also, I am planning on getting married with Thai girlfriend in Thailand after getting the working visa.

1. After getting the working visa of Canada, can my wife (after getting married in Thailand) immediately ask for the spouse visa for following me in Thailand? If so, I would like to know whether I do need to go to Canada first or not? Or I do have to go back to France for adding my wife to the application again?
2. Its possible to ask for the Canada working visa in Thailand? or Singapore?

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

King regards,
Alexis L

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hi I have been posting a topic bearing my worries about my status but i got only 1 answer...maybe one of you here could give me the answers i have been longing to hear for.

i have been separated for 6 yrs and i have 1 child in the phils. i am using my married name in all my documents upon entering canada as a caregiver. just early of this year i got pregnant.My bf is canadian and we have living in together since Feb.I am applying for divorce to my first marriage and hopefully could get a positive result in 6 months. Next year bf will declare us common law and will be filling the sponsorship for me.

My question is,would it be a barrier for my application the married name that i am using to all my documents? what possible things must i do? i was into planning of having an annulment in phils but i know ill be having shortage of time as it takes like forever before it can be annuled and knowing that my working permit will expire on 2014. i am confused. pls help me. thank you so much guys.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lw09sv said:
I am French planning on applying for the working visa in Canada. Also, I am planning on getting married with Thai girlfriend in Thailand after getting the working visa.

1. After getting the working visa of Canada, can my wife (after getting married in Thailand) immediately ask for the spouse visa for following me in Thailand? If so, I would like to know whether I do need to go to Canada first or not? Or I do have to go back to France for adding my wife to the application again?
2. Its possible to ask for the Canada working visa in Thailand? or Singapore?
This again has nothing to do with spousal sponsorship since you are not sponsoring your spouse for PR, you are merely asking for a work permit.

To answer your question, if you are a temporary worker working in a skilled position, your wife may apply for a TRV to stay with you in Canada for the duration or an open work permit to work while she is staying with you but it is up to the embassy where she applies if it will be granted. They do not grant it if they believe she will overstay. From what I have heard about the embassy in Thailand, they approve hardly anyone. I don't know if Singapore is better.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
weary-damsil31 said:
My question is,would it be a barrier for my application the married name that i am using to all my documents?
No, you can have any name you want in Canada. A reason to keep your married name after having divorced might be that you are lazy and don't feel like changing it or that you like it better than your original name.

fathoom123

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July.20.2011
File Transfer...
Sep.13.2011
i have a problem if anyone can help me out please!!

i filed my application and was received at Mississauga in May... we attached everything.. all the documents.. the receipt... everything.. since i was applying for outside of Canada (Pakistan) i made the payment of the application and the permanent residence fees at the mentioned bank (standard chartered bank..) at the Canadian National Collection Services- account. and i attached the receipts given with our application...and sent to Mississauga..

Today I've received a reply from CIC-M that stated that no fees received
I don't understand what do we do.. ?? we made the payment.. ??do they not accept the receipts given?? because if that's so why have they mentioned the bank? and that method of payment?

because i sent my application to CIC-M do i have to make a payment again in a another method...(online, etc....)????

what do i reply back to cic-m? i don't understand this.. can someone help me out.

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
fathoom123 said:
i have a problem if anyone can help me out please!!

i filed my application and was received at Mississauga in May... we attached everything.. all the documents.. the receipt... everything.. since i was applying for outside of Canada (Pakistan) i made the payment of the application and the permanent residence fees at the mentioned bank (standard chartered bank..) at the Canadian National Collection Services- account. and i attached the receipts given with our application...and sent to Mississauga..

Today I've received a reply from CIC-M that stated that no fees received
I don't understand what do we do.. ?? we made the payment.. ??do they not accept the receipts given?? because if that's so why have they mentioned the bank? and that method of payment?

because i sent my application to CIC-M do i have to make a payment again in a another method...(online, etc....)????

what do i reply back to cic-m? i don't understand this.. can someone help me out.
Hello,

Are you applying for spousal/family sponsorship or for business class sponsorship? I know you are on the Spousal forum, but all the instructions I ever saw for spousal applications said to pay with a money order or on-line (if you were outside Canada). Here's the text from that page:

•Pay your fees on the Internet, or
•Obtain an international money order or bank draft, in Canadian funds, made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
•On the front of the money order or draft, write the financial institutions’ name, complete address (not a post office box number) and account number(s).
•Submit the money order or draft with your application.

I had never heard of paying at the Standard Chartered Bank. However, I did see that payment option when I was considering an economic class application. Perhaps you paid in that form and they are not recognizing this receipt.

I would probably e-mail your visa office including your Client ID (if you have received one), and explain exactly how you paid.

Sorry I can't offer more.....perhaps others will be able to send you more concrete information.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Leon said:
No, you can have any name you want in Canada. A reason to keep your married name after having divorced might be that you are lazy and don't feel like changing it or that you like it better than your original name.
Hello Leon, Thank you so much. you're really a heaven-sent!!! now, i am at peace knowing that there will be no problem at all when we will apply for sponsorship next yr. You are such a big help to everyone! :) God bless us all!

F

flower11

Since the processing time for outland sponsorship takes too long especially in Abudhabi visa office, is it possible to apply for student visa or find employer in Canada to hire me while waiting the approval of my application?I need your help please..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flower11 said:
Since the processing time for outland sponsorship takes too long especially in Abudhabi visa office, is it possible to apply for student visa or find employer in Canada to hire me while waiting the approval of my application?I need your help please..
Yes, it is possible. If you get an employer to apply for your LMO and they get it, you can apply for a regular work permit. If you get accepted to a college, you can apply for a study visa.

fathoom123

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July.20.2011
File Transfer...
Sep.13.2011
boomerang11 said:
Hello,

Are you applying for spousal/family sponsorship or for business class sponsorship? I know you are on the Spousal forum, but all the instructions I ever saw for spousal applications said to pay with a money order or on-line (if you were outside Canada). Here's the text from that page:

•Pay your fees on the Internet, or
•Obtain an international money order or bank draft, in Canadian funds, made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
•On the front of the money order or draft, write the financial institutions' name, complete address (not a post office box number) and account number(s).
•Submit the money order or draft with your application.

I had never heard of paying at the Standard Chartered Bank. However, I did see that payment option when I was considering an economic class application. Perhaps you paid in that form and they are not recognizing this receipt.

I would probably e-mail your visa office including your Client ID (if you have received one), and explain exactly how you paid.

Sorry I can't offer more.....perhaps others will be able to send you more concrete information.
thanks boomerang11, I guess we'v made the incorrect payment..
we'll have to first respond to them addressing our method of payment......
i hope that work or if it doesn't we'll have to make the payment again..
I just want to know another thing, if we both are living outside.. can we get any one of our relative or family members in Canada to make the payment for us there? will that be acceptable?
secondly, the payment we deposited at Canadian National Collection Services.. will that be refunded as it was an incorrect payment?