+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

twilight2286

Apr 4, 2013
amikety said:
Mississauga is where all the applications go for sponsor approval. What country are you from? Where would you have to go if they call you for an interview?

I would strongly encourage you to learn more about the process. I've met several lawyers that didn't know squat and knowledge is your best defense ;)
I'm from the US, so its probably going to Buffalo or Ottawa, since that's the closest to where I am. I have been trying to recently, don't have much else to do besides drive myself crazy. And find a house in Manitoba lol. But just as of recently when I check my status on CIC website, its says that my PR application is in process now as of March 25th, so I'm just confused on how far yet I have to go. Is the next thing they ask for the Passport for the Visa? I'm sorry for being a pain. And thank you for the help.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
twilight2286 said:
I'm from the US, so its probably going to Ottawa, since that's the closest to where I am. I have been trying to recently, don't have much else to do besides drive myself crazy. And find a house in Manitoba lol
Okay, so you got Sponsor Approval in October? You probably have a little way to go. Not hearing anything at this point is normal. You have to sit on your hands and wait :)

Ottawa's published time is 13 months for 80% of applications. If they're requesting documents, it sounds like they have begun to process you already, which is great.

It *seems* lately that Ottawa has been getting Americans done in 7-8 months if there are no complications, but that's my observation not fact. Anytime they request additional documents, it usually delays the application by a month or two, but not always.

Really, there are no rules for how Ottawa does things. For every case, there's an exception out there........ it keeps us on our toes.

twilight2286

Apr 4, 2013
amikety said:
Okay, so you got Sponsor Approval in October? You probably have a little way to go. Not hearing anything at this point is normal. You have to sit on your hands and wait :)

Ottawa's published time is 13 months for 80% of applications. If they're requesting documents, it sounds like they have begun to process you already, which is great.

It *seems* lately that Ottawa has been getting Americans done in 7-8 months if there are no complications, but that's my observation not fact. Anytime they request additional documents, it usually delays the application by a month or two, but not always.

Really, there are no rules for how Ottawa does things. For every case, there's an exception out there........ it keeps us on our toes.
Yeah, My application was accepted 10-25-12, my husband got the approval to sponsor on 11-20-12, havent heard anything until about 2 weeks ago, they asked for the ROLF, and now my case says as of March 25th, they are processing my application.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

Please suggest something.

I got married in dec 2012 and my husband is in ontario and just coming within 7 days in manitoba. I got PR in Canada as dependent child of my parents in oct 2012 and I lived with him for 5 months. And after marriage we are about to live now again. Is this fine or government gonna ask something why you were with him before PR.
I have one more question- we did civil marriage in Canada and don't have any wedding rituals photos with us. We just have our own photos with us.

What should i do so that our spouse sponsorship case would be strong so he get PR without delay. We don't have children and we are not even planning even for next 2 years.
Is this fine? Also I am just earning part time.
Please help me what should I do.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Baby1990 said:
Hi friends,

Please suggest something.

I got married in dec 2012 and my husband is in ontario and just coming within 7 days in manitoba. I got PR in Canada as dependent child of my parents in oct 2012 and I lived with him for 5 months. And after marriage we are about to live now again. Is this fine or government gonna ask something why you were with him before PR.
I have one more question- we did civil marriage in Canada and don't have any wedding rituals photos with us. We just have our own photos with us.

What should i do so that our spouse sponsorship case would be strong so he get PR without delay. We don't have children and we are not even planning even for next 2 years.
Why do you want to get PR as a spouse if you already are a PR through your parents? That makes no sense!

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plz help,

I have one more question- we got married in canadian court and don't have any wedding rituals photos with us. We just have our own photos with us.

I am sponsoring my spouse (husband). He is an international student.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Baby1990 said:
Plz help,

I have one more question- we got married in canadian court and don't have any wedding rituals photos with us. We just have our own photos with us.

I am sponsoring my spouse (husband). He is an international student.
If you lived with him after you landed as a PR, there is no issue.

Five months doesn't count as common-law, so if it was before your PR, you just make sure to prove you didn't qualify by showing you lived apart of the other 7 months.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I will then edit that and would show that we lived as gf bf but apartments beside each other. Actually we were in student housing.
One more thing, is it fine to apply without children, because they said if you don't have children in common so it would be just conditional.
Many of my friends are doing their babies for just a reason for sponsoring.
I don't want children for now, is this fine?
I know I am acting like little stupid.
I am sorry about that but I really want him to be with me always.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Baby1990 said:
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I will then edit that and would show that we lived as gf bf but apartments beside each other. Actually we were in student housing.
One more thing, is it fine to apply without children, because they said if you don't have children in common so it would be just conditional.
I don't want children for now, is this fine?
I know I am acting like little stupid.
I am sorry about that but I really want him to be with me always.
All conditional means is if you two break up before two year passes after he lands, he may lose his PR. Everything else is just the same. Not enough reason to have a baby, in my opinion. It would be better to wait until you're ready. After two years has passed, his PR will become regular. He will not notice a difference, though, because it doesn't effect his ability to work, study, etc. This is only a measure to prevent fraud marriages. (And frankly, if CIC decides the marriage is fraud, having a baby won't matter!)

I don't think student housing would count as long as you weren't sharing a bedroom/bed. However, you might want to add a note in your forms that it was student housing. Make sure to give your room numbers.

You aren't acting stupid :) This is a big process and can be overwhelming. Don't worry about asking questions.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If this is really true and people are thinking like this, they are INSANE!
What next, "babies of convenience"?

Z

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Althought it sounds crazy I don't doubt people would do so... :eek:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
zardoz said:
I agree, it makes zero sense. The "conditional" PR status will only come into play if the couple breaks up or stops living together, AND it's reported to the CIC. For the vast majority of couples, after 2 years they will roll over from conditional to permanent PR with no requirements from CIC at all.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zardoz said:

Z
Ever heard of Anchor Babies? It happens in the USA all the time.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
amikety said:
Ever heard of Anchor Babies? It happens in the USA all the time.
No I hadn't... completely foreign concept for me.

Z.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zardoz said:
No I hadn't... completely foreign concept for me.

Z.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_baby