Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
parker24 said:
It's not required for the applicant(it is somewhat required for the sponsor), but it's a good thing to have. It can be the pay stubs or banking information if his company will not provide anything :)
Thank You Parker24 :D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
VPS said:
My spouse's PR is in process with NDVO. Have sent the passport and is in the waiting period....while this is happening, spouse's employer has agreed for a internal transfer to Canada. Now, the biggest issue is;
1) Passport is with NDVO and hence cannot apply for a work permit. IS there a way we can expedite the PR processing or any other alternative to apply for work permit??
2) Although the employer has found a position, they will not process the work permit. I understand that the first step is to get LMO. Who applies for LMO? Employer or employee?? (given that the employer will not process the work permit....)

Thanks and Regards
VPS
If the spouse needs a WP and NVDO has the passport, why wouldn't you just send the WP application and say "you already have the passport, reference file # X". NVDO asks for passports early in the file review process and it often is many months before they send it back - they seem to be the only VO that does this.

The LMO is obtained by the employer, not the employee. The employee submits the LMO file number (or a copy of the LMO letter) along with the WP.

Since CIC or CBSA processes work permits, I'm not sure why you say "the employer will not process the work permit...." The employer must get an LMO, which is easily done for an intra-company transfer in most cases. Then your spouse must convince NVDO to issue the WP and return the passport to her, so she may use it to travel to Canada. Then she has to figure out how to get it back to NVDO, given the Indian prohibition about mailing passports outside India.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Hello everyone :)
Thanks in advance for your responses.
I have came to Montreal to study, I met a nice person and we decide to get married.
I have a few questions to ask,I appreciate if you can suggest some good tips for me.
1-Where we should fill application for sponsorship? is it better to apply from inside Canada"Montreal" as we both live here?or it is better for me to travel to Europe and apply from there, where I have permanent resident address and stay there till I get an answer?or I should apply from Europe and continue residing here?
2- Should I continue studying and pay my Diploma fees?
Regards and many thanks for answering my confusing questions.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
Hello everyone :)
Thanks in advance for your responses.
I have came to Montreal to study, I met a nice person and we decide to get married.
I have a few questions to ask,I appreciate if you can suggest some good tips for me.
1-Where we should fill application for sponsorship? is it better to apply from inside Canada"Montreal" as we both live here?or it is better for me to travel to Europe and apply from there, where I have permanent resident address and stay there till I get an answer?or I should apply from Europe and continue residing here?
2- Should I continue studying and pay my Diploma fees?
Regards and many thanks for answering my confusing questions.
The in Canada sponsorship has been getting faster so if you are happily studying in Canada, I would recommend it. Even if you do decide that you would rather apply outland, you can still stay in Canada while you do it.

There is no reason not to continue studying even though you get married and apply for sponsorship unless you want to quit your studies.

pram

Oct 24, 2012
wat is the solution if i got married after i got my medicals and my passport is asked o be submitted.
for example: i have to submit my medicals and passport before 20 of this month, and i am getting married on 7 of next to next month..
wat should i do to add my spouse

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pram said:
wat is the solution if i got married after i got my medicals and my passport is asked o be submitted.
for example: i have to submit my medicals and passport before 20 of this month, and i am getting married on 7 of next to next month..
wat should i do to add my spouse
If you are already planning to get married before you can land in Canada, do not send your passport. Instead, send immigration a notice stating that you are getting married on the 7th and want to add your wife to your application. While you wait to get married, fill out all the forms for your wife. When you have your marriage certificate, send it to them as well as all the forms for your wife and her processing fees. They should process your wife and when they are ready to grant both of you a visa, they will ask for both your passports and medicals.

The other option would be to postpone the marriage, get your visa, land in Canada as a PR and then come back and get married and then go back to Canada and apply to sponsor your wife. If you are getting your PR as a dependent child of your parents, you must postpone your marriage until after you get your PR because otherwise you are not a dependent child any more and can not get your PR. If you applied through any other immigration class, then it is better to add your wife before you immigrate because although you will wait longer for your visa, you are not separated from your wife.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
I received my first stage approval in October 12,and the CIC want me to send a medical exam with a delay of 90 days.I have an appointment on November 6, for the exam.Because I wait to long i hope that doesn't effect my application :(,any thought will be appreciate thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
I received my first stage approval in October 12,and the CIC want me to send a medical exam with a delay of 90 days.I have an appointment on November 6, for the exam.Because I wait to long i hope that doesn't effect my application :(,any thought will be appreciate thanks.
That's less than a month, so it shouldn't materially impact things. You're almost done!

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

Thank you so much :),that help me bc I'm so stress about it.I didn't want that to be a problem for waiting that long,I can't wait to get all these process done,to much stress n waiting.:(

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Leon
Thanks for your advice , I will continue studying.
Meanwhile ,where I should apply?in or out? Do you mind telling the advantages,disadvantages of each?
I am reading previous answers but so far didnt find answer.
Regards and thanks for helping me and others.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
Leon
Thanks for your advice , I will continue studying.
Meanwhile ,where I should apply?in or out? Do you mind telling the advantages,disadvantages of each?
I am reading previous answers but so far didnt find answer.
Regards and thanks for helping me and others.
Read the original post for the advantages and disadvantages of inland vs. outland. The processing times may have changed since I wrote that. Check for updated times for inland here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp currently 5-6 months for first stage approval and 8 months for rest. That means around 13-14 months before you get your PR. Healthcare you can usually get after your first stage approval, maybe plus 3 months depending on the province you live in. Inland requires that you continue to live in Canada throughout the processing time. If you leave and are unable to get a visa to return or if you leave for too long, your application is gone.

For outland, see Mississauga processing time here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp and for your processing country here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp Approval by Mississauga will not give you any rights in Canada, you would have to wait until you have your PR. However, you are free to stay in or leave Canada as you wish. Since the processing times vary by country, it could be faster or slower than applying inland.

mariawalker

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
emrn said:
I am under conjugal partnership, I am from the Philippines I am separated for almost 3 years now we dont have divorce here in my country so we cannot get married. We also gave tons and tons of evidences, we got a letter around July asking for more proofs and we sent them and now we are scheduled for interview they did not specify what area of the application they are in doubt of, but they are asking for more proofs of conjugal partnership. We ordered GCMS notes and the visa officer is in doubt whether we meet the qualification of conjugal partnership. We met online July 2, 2010 and from day one we knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with each other he asked me to marry him after a week of knowing him but since we cannot get married because of my status in my country we decided to commit to each other exclusively as husband and wife. He visited me November 28,2010 stayed for 3 weeks and then visited me again on feb 14,2011 for 5 weeks he almost lost his job for staying with me. He cannot stay here for long as we can be charged with adultery. Now what I think the vo is thinking with our situation is that the conjugal partnership started when he visited me when our relationship consummate. We filed September 2,2011 so what I think is that the visa officer is not considering us having atleast 1 year of relationship. How can I prove that our relationship had been conjugal even before we physically met?
Other option is annulment

yalshami

Oct 25, 2012
Hi Leon,

I landed on June 2010, stayed for three weeks in Canada and went back to the middle east till Jan 2012 (a year and a half out of Canada) and moved to Canada for good on Jan 2012. I landed with my wife and two kids. I'm now divorced since last year. The kids live with thier mother in the middle east.
I'm planning to get married October 2013 from the middle east (arranged marriage-no history of relation) and sponsor my new wife.
What's your advice, should I consult a lawyer to help with sponsoring my new wife..as I mentioned it's arrange marriage and I have no history with my finacee like photos, chats, phone calls, e-mails and whatsoever.

Your assistance is appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010