+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sammy2424

Apr 13, 2018
Pls I need advice my sister is about getting married and she is currently in ip2 since March 1 2018,she intends notifying cic after her wedding,but husband to be has a 10 year ban in the UK can she add his application to her for express entry???would it affect her credibility?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pls I need advice my sister is about getting married and she is currently in ip2 since March 1 2018,she intends notifying cic after her wedding,but husband to be has a 10 year ban in the UK can she add his application to her for express entry???would it affect her credibility?
You're posting in the wrong section. You need to post this to the Express Entry section of the forum.

Apr 10, 2018
Hey guys! So my fiance and I are getting married in New Zealand (where she is from) this coming June. We are planning on flying back together into Vancouver. The plan is for her to come as a visitor, move in with me and apply for Inland Sponsorship/ OWP. My question is when we come into Canada, should she be saying that shes just visiting family for a few months? (which is also true because she has some family here). And have the returnable plane tickets, travel insurance etc so CBSA is more at ease.. and not mention anything about applying for spousal sponsorship. OR should we be telling them our plan is that she's going to be moving in with me and applying for PR? What's the easiest route here?

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
1.We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2017.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2018.
3.We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
4.Medical results have been received.
What next?
How many time it would take more?
Thank you

Charania03

Mar 31, 2018
1.We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2017.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2018.
3.We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
4.Medical results have been received.
What next?
How many time it would take more?
Thank you
They do the eligibility check followed by a background check. In some cases you directly get PPR

Reactions: Exorcist

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My husband has a severe arthritis. Do I need to mention this in form 5669 schedule A and question 4K ?

Please help

Thanks
T

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys! So my fiance and I are getting married in New Zealand (where she is from) this coming June. We are planning on flying back together into Vancouver. The plan is for her to come as a visitor, move in with me and apply for Inland Sponsorship/ OWP. My question is when we come into Canada, should she be saying that shes just visiting family for a few months? (which is also true because she has some family here). And have the returnable plane tickets, travel insurance etc so CBSA is more at ease.. and not mention anything about applying for spousal sponsorship. OR should we be telling them our plan is that she's going to be moving in with me and applying for PR? What's the easiest route here?
She should look at IEC to see if she qualifies. That would give her a work permit a lot sooner than with an inland app and you guys could apply outland, which is generally faster than inland.

Apr 10, 2018
She should look at IEC to see if she qualifies. That would give her a work permit a lot sooner than with an inland app and you guys could apply outland, which is generally faster than inland.
Yes she already was on the 2 year working holiday visa here, so she wouldn’t be eligible for it again

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My husband has a severe arthritis. Do I need to mention this in form 5669 schedule A and question 4K ?

Please help

Thanks
T

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes she already was on the 2 year working holiday visa here, so she wouldn’t be eligible for it again
Ah, got it. When she enters, she needs to remember that she is just a visitor. She is not moving to or coming to live in Canada, as she does not yet have that right. The key with CBSA is to answer their questions but don't volunteer any information and don't lie. She is coming to visit her husband. If they ask further questions, then she needs to be honest about the sponsorship app. Pay the full PR fees and have that receipt ready to show CBSA. She should be fine.

Reactions: matt_pearson17
Apr 10, 2018
Ah, got it. When she enters, she needs to remember that she is just a visitor. She is not moving to or coming to live in Canada, as she does not yet have that right. The key with CBSA is to answer their questions but don't volunteer any information and don't lie. She is coming to visit her husband. If they ask further questions, then she needs to be honest about the sponsorship app. Pay the full PR fees and have that receipt ready to show CBSA. She should be fine.
Ok thanks for helping it’s much appreciated! But we’re planning to send the application in AFTER she’s in the country, unless there’s other PR fees that you mean we can pay earlier?

BrarParminder

Nov 22, 2017
hey everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident and I want to sponsor my spouse, but I am currently unemployed now. Can i go ahead and sponsor him by attaching last 2 or 3 years of Notice of Assessment and my bank statement??? Or should I wait for job??
Thanks is advance