+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hello all! I am newbie here. My husband is the principal applicant and he is sponsoring me. He is a PR. We have applied on 27april, 2016. It's been almost two years but still we do not have any updates. My husband contcated his local MP in last June, And came to know that the application is in the security and criminality verification stage.
Both of us are frustrated now because of the long distance..
In addition, I am government officer in my country. Is this a barrier for this lengthy process?
Have your husband apply to get your case file notes to know the status of your application and to know the visa officer's notes/comments to know why your application is delayed. here is the link for that:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

Catzzz

Jan 25, 2018
Can anyone give me the link to the spousal sponsorship 2017 spreadsheet? I can’t find it using different search words... thanks in advance!

cch

Jan 29, 2018
Hello everyone!

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but could anyone please tell me if I will receive an email notifying me that my package has been returned if I am found ineligible to sponsor?

I sent my application from Japan to Missauga in December 2017 and nearly two months have already passed. I read from earlier pages that it may take 6-8 weeks before I receive any confirmation from Missauga, but I was wondering if I might have missed something and been rejected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello. Does anyone know how long it should take to receive the actual PR card in the mail? My husband landed in Toronto Canada from England on December 9, 2017.
We landed on the 11th and still haven't, I believe last time I looked it was 61 days

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Dear Experts,

As per your assumption (6-8 weeks), I have received AOR1. Now I have entered into the waiting race. What is the next procedure?:)

D-Mac

Mar 4, 2013
Hello!

I recently sent my application in. I just have a quick question regarding traveling outside the country during application processing.

I am in Canada, and I have working status within Canada. I wanted to travel outside the country in May, and this will be to a country that is NOT my home/birth country (because I know there can be a conflict regarding the police certificate).

Am I okay to travel?

Jan 26, 2018
the immIgration recieve my application last January 31 2017. I’ve dove all the recruitments. Then yesterday i recieve a pre arrival services. What does it means.. coz im waiting for my passport request..u think my application is approve? Im still nervous..please help me

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hi experts, i Sent my wife sponsership application to Missisauga on November 30-2017 and i got the email couple days ago with my uci number and file number and it says that we have recieved your sponsership application for the following family member. (Wife name ) on november 30.

Totally confused and dont know if its AOR1?
Should i link application to my cic account or do i wait for email saying to link the application ?
Will my wife be getting diffrent email with diffrent UCI number ?

If anybody can help ! Please

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
the immIgration recieve my application last January 31 2017. I’ve dove all the recruitments. Then yesterday i recieve a pre arrival services. What does it means.. coz im waiting for my passport request..u think my application is approve? Im still nervous..please help me
pre arrival - is a good sign. It means that in the nearest time you will get your passport request ;)

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Anybody ?

Hi experts, i Sent my wife sponsership application to Missisauga on November 30-2017 and i got the email couple days ago with my uci number and file number and it says that we have recieved your sponsership application for the following family member. (Wife name ) on november 30.

Should i link application to my cic account or do i wait for email saying to link the application ?

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi, so my application was received on December 5 and up until now haven't received AOR by e-mail. However, I was able to link my application and in my CIC I have a letter dated Jan 22nd requesting Schedule A and police certificate. And the option to upload the documents is there as well. However, the send date in the CIC system says this letter is received Jan 29 (yesterday) right after I linked the application to my account. I did get an e-mail from mycic saying that there is a new message in my account.

Do I still have to wait for AOR first? How does this work? My sponsor also did not receive any e-mail.

In ECAS it says;
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 5, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on January 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Last edited:

hmian1992

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Anybody ?

that is your AOR which means that your application has been assigned to an officer. you and your wife will have two seperate UCI numbers, you can link the application using your wifes UCI. She should be recieving a separate email.

Reactions: Vik86

ksleepwalker

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
So..I received call for interview for my wife last week, along with request for remedical, police certificate and all updated forms.

They didnt ask for me specifically but I am going there to support my wife.

My wife did respond to them that she is confirming for interview (since they asked her to) but didnt tell that I am joining, just because they did not ask.

Do you think I need to tell me that I am joining as well? The letter said if I am in Pakistan I SHOULD join but no requirement.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017

Hi, so my application was received on December 5 and up until now haven't received AOR by e-mail. However, I was able to link my application and in my CIC I have a letter dated Jan 22nd requesting Schedule A and police certificate. And the option to upload the documents is there as well. However, the send date in the CIC system says this letter is received Jan 29 (yesterday) right after I linked the application to my account. I did get an e-mail from mycic saying that there is a new message in my account.

Do I still have to wait for AOR first? How does this work? My sponsor also did not receive any e-mail.

In ECAS it says;
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 5, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on January 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I've heard that after recent update of CIC site lots of people have issues like a line about sent correspondence in ecas, but they didn't get any letters.
Maybe it's your case as well and your AOR was lost somewhere on the way. But now since you have your mycic account and the requests there, it means your case was assigned to some officer and now you need to upload the requested documents.