+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jan 23, 2018
Thank you to Rav1988.

I'm intending to come to Montreal as a sponsored spouse. Can anyone tell me what obstacles there might be to me getting a CSQ? For example, do I need to have a strong work history? Do I need to be a "professional"? Do I need to speak French?

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I should mention that I would be applying for inland and an open work permit.
As far as I know nothing. For CSQ (under family sponsorship) they ask for certain papers. Prove that your spose and you are living and planing on stay in QC. Plus document from federals that they are processing your case. You can check that out on their website.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Indeed. I think I figured what it was, when it asks how many people are there in the application, I said one since it´s one applicant, but it turns out it should be two, since they count the sponsor as well. I´ll try again tomorrow since you can only try five times a day. Will report back.
Nope, that didn´t work. I don´t know what else to try, they only let you try five times a day and their email says I should do it within a week, so I´m starting to worry. I sent them an email although I don´t have high hopes for it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Indeed. I think I figured what it was, when it asks how many people are there in the application, I said one since it´s one applicant, but it turns out it should be two, since they count the sponsor as well. I´ll try again tomorrow since you can only try five times a day. Will report back.
??

The sponsor is not included in the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Applicant who submitted in June 2017 and had file transferred to LVO in September. Since then I have not had any updates on GCKEY or ECAS. I know a number of you have requested GCMS notes. How do I do this? What information will it provide me with? I do understand the LVO is slow, but both my wife and I need to give notice to our jobs and sell our property before arriving in Canada. It is also my understanding that this all needs to be done before the medical expires. What happens if we do not leave the U.K before the medical expires? Do we have to start over again?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy.html

If the app is finalized close to the medical expiry date, it will likely be extended for year. If it is still valid for a few months when the app is done, they will not extend it and you will need to land before the expiry.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you to Rav1988.

I'm intending to come to Montreal as a sponsored spouse. Can anyone tell me what obstacles there might be to me getting a CSQ? For example, do I need to have a strong work history? Do I need to be a "professional"? Do I need to speak French?
There are no employment/language requirements for CSQs when sponsoring a spouse.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
??

The sponsor is not included in the application.
I now, but their guidelines to link applications says explicitly that, for this purpose, if there are both a sponsor and an applicant, that counts as two people. It doesn´t really matter though since I´ve tried both ways with equal results.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I now, but their guidelines to link applications says explicitly that, for this purpose, if there are both a sponsor and an applicant, that counts as two people. It doesn´t really matter though since I´ve tried both ways with equal results.
I didn't realize you were referring to linking your app. If you have a look, there are several threads about this where people have detailed how they were able to link their apps.

caballo_rider

Sep 15, 2015
I think I've done fucked up. I received the request for Schedule A and police certificate in late December. I only sent the schedule and no police certificate because, as explained in a placeholder letter, I thought that since I've been living in Canada since I was 18 and only visited my home country no more than 2 months at a time, I'm exempt from submitting the police certificate from my home country. I also say that if however I need to provide the certificate from my home country then I will get that started immediately.

This is not the case as I find out the 6 months period is cumulative over the 10 years/since I'm 18 period. Note that in my schedule A, for personal history, I put exactly 6 months as the cumulative time I spent in my home country (2 months each for the first 3 years) and I didn't put the mini-vacation while I'm working (because tbf, I was still working while I'm abroad so my work period was continuous, aka no gap).

Since then, I haven't heard back from CIC and I've had to deal with some home emergency so I didn't take a closer look at my application. Today, I had some free time so I sit down and actually counted the total number days I've spent in my home country and it is over the 6 months threshold by 20 days! Today is also 2 days past the deadline for my submission of Schedule A and police certificate so I cannot rewrite the letter to say that I will be (would have been) applying for the police certificate from my home country.

My hope would be that the person processing my case would get back to me to request that I supply the police certificate, by which time I hope I can provide it right away. The other possible outcome would be that they will go ahead with my application b/c based on my Schedule A, I haven't spent more than 6 months at home, which I'm over by 3 weeks; I'm worried this might be considered misrepresentation and I'd like to correct that asap. The worst would be they will fail my application. So don't make the same mistake as I do.

Since I can't submit any more through myCIC portal, if somehow I get a hold of my police certificate before they get back to me, is there a way I can provide this info to them before they get to my file? If in the worse case scenario they fail the application, what then? Can I reapply?

Farha noor

Jan 23, 2018
Hello all! I am newbie here. My husband is the principal applicant and he is sponsoring me. He is a PR. We have applied on 27april, 2016. It's been almost two years but still we do not have any updates. My husband contcated his local MP in last June, And came to know that the application is in the security and criminality verification stage.
Both of us are frustrated now because of the long distance..
In addition, I am government officer in my country. Is this a barrier for this lengthy process?

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hello all! I am newbie here. My husband is the principal applicant and he is sponsoring me. He is a PR. We have applied on 27april, 2016. It's been almost two years but still we do not have any updates. My husband contcated his local MP in last June, And came to know that the application is in the security and criminality verification stage.
In addition, I am government officer in my country. Is this a barrier for this lengthy process?
It could very well be the reason your stuck in security screening .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, the fact that you are a government officer could certainly cause the processing to take longer, especially if you are from a country where the government is known to commit human rights abuses.