07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hi Monish,

I am sorry for the late reply, actually i am being sponsored by my wife as she is Canadian. I was on a student visa before and completed my studies before we got married. And then we did indeed get the open work permit which is why i am currently working as she is a full time student right now. We got married in 2014 while i was completing my education. I was going to apply through as a student and was going to apply through Manitoba PNP but since we were married and going to move in soon. We waited till we could and then applied through the spouse sponsorship inland.

I had a valid student visa till 15 july 2017 which expired but i still have a work permit till May 2018. I am not sure if the pilot program is 1 year work permit because i got mine in 2016 may and it was valid for 2 years.

Hope that helps. If you need to ask anything else. Feel free. :)
Hi Saqlain,
Since yours is an inland application, could you share if your wife is here on a visitor visa while the spouse PR application is in process? or did you apply for an open work permit as per the new pilot rule that started couple of years ago? If it's a visitor visa, then did you have to cross the border every 6 months? I became a PR last week and was thinking what would be the best pathway for a spouse PR.
And Also Congrats on getting your PR. I see decision made on mine so waiting on hearing from them soon :)

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
Hi

I am submitting my application inland, and I understand that when applying inland it is not recommended to leave the country while it's being processed. My questions are...

1. I do not have police certificates from my home country, and to obtain that I will have to go back. How do I solve this issue?
2. I lived in China for 1.5 years when I turned 18, do I need police certificate from China Police ?
3. I enter Canada with visitor visa, and I have 6 months til March 2018, say until then my PR is still not complete/approved, I will be out of status. Do I exit to USA and re-enter? Or do I have to apply visitor extension status?

Thank you

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Thanks for your reply Saqlain! That helps!!
Great to know your application is in it's last stages now. All the best and I am sure it will be through in no time:)
I got a message today that my application would be finalized on Oct 16, i have to come to Niagara Falls IRCC for interview! so i think i am on the finish line now :)

Reactions: aipm487

canada_33

Jul 16, 2017
Hello,

Need advice.

I know there is a portal for "paid" representative to link application. But since I am the sponsor and "unpaid" representative of my spouse, I am not sure if I could link the application to my online account. Can I do so? Am I allowed to link it?

Thank you!

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
Hi every one>> i sent my application on october 2, it was received yesterday.. what should i do or expect next?
U will receive AOR1 (Acknowledgement of Receipt) within 5-7 weeks with application number.
Link application to applicant's online account (can't do yet as you don't have an application number).
Then CIC will ask to get medical done, upload Schedule A form and police clearance certificate a couple of weeks after that.
Then just wait for the file to be transferred tp your visa office
Good luck! :)

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Hello everyone. Just wondering if any of you here knows how long it takes for the Canadian Embassy in Manila, Philippines to process the application before sending it to the principal applicant?

Thank you very much.

Xchange

Oct 8, 2017
Hello All, Been looking through the threads and can't seem to find anything fitting my exact scenario.
Been in a relationship for almost 5 years now. Its a pretty serious relationship though we have never lived together and the only reason we aren't married is because his divorce is not final. Once it is we would do an engagement ceremony and marry formally. I recently got my PR approved and looking to land in December 2017. Im very reluctant to leave him behind cos we have never been apart and I'm not sure i can cope with a long distance relationship. Our relationship is as genuine as can be, pictures, videos, joint vacations every year etc. However i could not add him to my PR cos the divorce was pending hence i declared as single.

My questions.

1. The 1st option we are exploring is for him to apply for a visitors visa sometime in the middle of the year and travel say September wherein i can apply inland for him and he can get an OWP so he can work. Due to his profession (architecture) he needs to do some addiitonal training and a lengthy process to be able to get a job in his field. How long after he lands can i submit the spousal application and how soon can he get the OWP approved.

2. He has 2 kids from his previous marriage who are in custody of his ex-wife, i assume he has to include them in the application them but if he is unable to get the wife to consent to medicals hope this would not be an issue though it is unlikely she would refuse.

3. Would the fact that his divorce being so close to our marriage and subsequent application affect our chances negatively.

4. As an alternate option, is he better off applying for a study visa while we get married in Canada and i apply for him, this is a last resort due to the expenses. He does plan to do a masters but only after seeing 1st hand the sector he wants to focus on (Architecture, project management or Construction management).

I apologise in advance for the lengthy post. All responses would be appreciated.

mander12

Sep 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
hi guys
my agent in canada told me not to link profile to online account as than he/she will not be able to view mails sent by immigration authorities.

mander12

Sep 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
one more question
what it means if they approve application and give us file no./ AOR
At which step they check marriage genuinity?
just asking out of curosity
thanks

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
... However i could not add him to my PR cos the divorce was pending hence i declared as single. ...
Since CIC requires that you declare your spouse/common-law/conjugal partner and other dependent family members when you apply for PR, they seem to be pretty strict and reject later applications to sponsor these partners, whether inland or outland. Search this forum before making further decisions.

Xchange

Oct 8, 2017
Since CIC requires that you declare your spouse/common-law/conjugal partner and other dependent family members when you apply for PR, they seem to be pretty strict and reject later applications to sponsor these partners, whether inland or outland. Search this forum before making further decisions.
we were not common law partners and we are not currently married. Never lived together either.