Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Good am.we're going to pass our app this june . Is there anybody here who passed photos for proof of relationship wherein multiple pictures are printed on 1 photopaper with description and name and DOB at the back of the photo?is it ok?
Yes, I printed (4) 4x6 on a wedding photo paper, I put my DOB and name boldly at the back and wrote a short description in front under each picture( under each pic there is a thin white line separating them from each other , I wrote on each line ). It was accepted.

Reactions: zhynth

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey,

my IEC will expire in one month so I am applying for a visitor visa. IMM5708 application asks about my marital status. My boyfriend and I will become common-law on 1st of July.
Should I put single because we are not common law yet ? Maybe someone had a case like this.
Yes, you need to put that you are single.

Hey guys,
In the IMM 0008 form (General Application Form for Canada), under Language Detail (page 3) they ask "Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French?"

I took the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) a decade ago when I was applying to universities for my Bachelor's degree. I even have the scoresheet. Is TOEFL considered an acceptable "test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English" when it comes to Canadian immigration? Or should I just tick "No" instead?
The answer is "No". TOEFL is not a designated testing agency.

Reactions: jptskt

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Another question regarding IMM 0008 (General Application Form for Canada).
My current employment is very different from what I studied at uni and what I wrote down as my "intended occupation" in the form. Will this be a problem and raise eyebrows?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Another question regarding IMM 0008 (General Application Form for Canada).
My current employment is very different from what I studied at uni and what I wrote down as my "intended occupation" in the form. Will this be a problem and raise eyebrows?
Doesn't matter.

Huangxyqjy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-08-2014
help!! who can help my question? IMM1344E, part 1, Q5 is asking date of birth, but whose DOB is this? the sponsor or the sponsored? confused. Thanks

shk90

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Hello all,
Just wondering any applicants who have gotten a DM on ECAS but still no PPR? I got a DM on May 15, 2017 and still have not gotten a PPR. My VO is New Delhi, India
My timeline is as follows:
Application sent: Nov 14, 2016
Sponsorship approval: Dec 13, 2016
Processing PR application: Dec 19, 2016
DM on ECAS: May 15, 2017

This is what ECAS says when I click on DM:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received null xxxxxx application for permanent residence on November 14, 2016.
  2. We started processing null xxxxx application on December 19, 2016.
  3. Medical results have been received.
I can't check my GCKey as I am unable to link my application. Any help will be awesome!

shk90

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Good am.we're going to pass our app this june . Is there anybody here who passed photos for proof of relationship wherein multiple pictures are printed on 1 photopaper with description and name and DOB at the back of the photo?is it ok?
I've done this too expect I put the captions underneath each picture

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
help!! who can help my question? IMM1344E, part 1, Q5 is asking date of birth, but whose DOB is this? the sponsor or the sponsored? confused. Thanks
Sponsored/PA's date of birth.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Does the principal applicant also need to send tax documents and letter from employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours at any point in the application process?

Last edited:

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Does the principal applicant also need to send letter tax documents and letter from employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours at any point in the application process?
No, it is just the sponsor. I will advice you to read every sentence in your checklist to ensure all U need is intact and you are doing the right thing. the checklist highlights and explains who brings what and who fills what. regards

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
No, it is just the sponsor. I will advice you to read every sentence in your checklist to ensure all U need is intact and you are doing the right thing. the checklist highlights and explains who brings what and who fills what. regards
Thanks Liz

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,
In the Schedule A form under Education History, they ask to Provide the number of years of school you successfully completed for each of the following levels of schooling:
Elementary/ Primary
Secondary/ High School
University/ College
Trade/ Other post secondary

I'm confused about the first two. For Elementary/ Primary, do we count kindergarten as well or just from 1st grade onwards? Would Elementary/ Primary be from 1st grade to 8th grade and Secondary/ High School from 9th grade to 12th grade?

Then the following question is: Give full details of all secondary and post-secondary education you have had.
I included details of my Master's degree and Bachelor's degree. Do I need to provide details of high school as well since it seems like high school and secondary education are the same thing?

MJEst

Jun 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 14, 2017
Hi! :) I found this forum/site very helpful that's why I decided to create an account too. I was just wondering if you guys can help me fill-up our application form. My husband and I are really confused with some of the questions. We recently got married last January 7. My husband didn't leave PH since we got married.
He's been here for almost 6mos now.

Is that considered as living exclusively outside of Canada already? Are we considered as "living" together even if he's just here for a long vacation?
Thank you in advance for your help!!! :)

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Ok, so my application is now complete and ready to be sent off, but 1) Do I clip the whole thing together? Staple each section? I'm sure I have seen something that says don't, but it is an awful lot of paper that I want to make sure stays in the right order. 2) How do I sign up for text message alerts?

Thank you in advance for help.

C

Classic Chucks

Does the principal applicant also need to send tax documents and letter from employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours at any point in the application process?
No.