Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello Everyone,

Good to find this thread... my husband mistakenly sent my application to the inland address instead of the outland address. Who knows what can be done asap.

Thanks

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Ok, so my application is now complete and ready to be sent off, but 1) Do I clip the whole thing together? Staple each section? I'm sure I have seen something that says don't, but it is an awful lot of paper that I want to make sure stays in the right order. 2) How do I sign up for text message alerts?

Thank you in advance for help.
  1. You don't need to clip or bind all papers in application together, just place them all in order as listed in checklist and slide inside the brown kraft envelope or bubble plastic envelope. DO NOT staple anything! However, you can use paper clips for some big and long sections of application. For pictures use elastic.
  2. How to subscribe follow the link.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello Everyone,
Good to find this thread... my husband mistakenly sent my application to the inland address instead of the outland address. Who knows what can be done asap.
Thanks
I am not sure but they may redirect your application to the appropriate department but only after they have opened and started going through it.
Here is an old thread about it.
You also may try to call them on Monday if you know the date your application has been received.

PersistentOne

Jun 3, 2017
Hey guys,
In the Schedule A form under Education History, they ask to Provide the number of years of school you successfully completed for each of the following levels of schooling:
Elementary/ Primary
Secondary/ High School
University/ College
Trade/ Other post secondary

I'm confused about the first two. For Elementary/ Primary, do we count kindergarten as well or just from 1st grade onwards? Would Elementary/ Primary be from 1st grade to 8th grade and Secondary/ High School from 9th grade to 12th grade?

Then the following question is: Give full details of all secondary and post-secondary education you have had.
I included details of my Master's degree and Bachelor's degree. Do I need to provide details of high school as well since it seems like high school and secondary education are the same thing?
It depends on your country. Google "country name and primary or secondary".

For Example: Vietnamese primary education

For Vietnam when I sponsored my wife who had a secondary education. It was 6 on Primary. 4 on Secondary. 0 and the other two.

cccolin

Jun 4, 2017
San Diego
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Hey everyone,

New here..I tried searching for an answer to my question but didn't have a whole lot of luck with an explicitly clear answer. If I'm just a bad searcher and it's easy to find please point me in the right direction!

I've read and understand the difference between an inland and outland application, but I'm trying to figure out which is better in my situation. I'm Canadian and my wife is American. We currently live in the US but want to move back next year. The CIC website says an outland takes around 12 months but we'd like to move sooner than that. I know with the inland application you can also apply for a temporary work permit. Are we better off doing an outland application ASAP and moving when it's approved? Or getting her a visitor visa or something and doing an inland once we move? Obviously since it's so far out I don't have a job there lined up or anything but could get letters from family and probably even someone I would end up working for when I'm back.

Any help would be amazing!

/EDIT: I did find a handful of threads about this but all of them are from before they made the changes to processing times in December, so advice would still be great!

Last edited:

PersistentOne

Jun 3, 2017
Hey everyone,

New here..I tried searching for an answer to my question but didn't have a whole lot of luck with an explicitly clear answer. If I'm just a bad searcher and it's easy to find please point me in the right direction!

I've read and understand the difference between an inland and outland application, but I'm trying to figure out which is better in my situation. I'm Canadian and my wife is American. We currently live in the US but want to move back next year. The CIC website says an outland takes around 12 months but we'd like to move sooner than that. I know with the inland application you can also apply for a temporary work permit. Are we better off doing an outland application ASAP and moving when it's approved? Or getting her a visitor visa or something and doing an inland once we move? Obviously since it's so far out I don't have a job there lined up or anything but could get letters from family and probably even someone I would end up working for when I'm back.

Any help would be amazing!
There are goods and bad sides to inland and outland but the most important one is that if you get rejected on an inland application then you are not able to appeal. With outland applications, you are allowed to appeal and take it to court if they do not accept your application. Please double check to see if I am correct though as it has been a long time since I updated myself with cic regulations.

cccolin

Jun 4, 2017
San Diego
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Great, that's good to know. I did find a few other posts talking about this.

I realize now that you can do an outland application from in Canada. How does that work? Would we just have to move and my wife couldn't work until her PR got approved?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Great, that's good to know. I did find a few other posts talking about this.

I realize now that you can do an outland application from in Canada. How does that work? Would we just have to move and my wife couldn't work until her PR got approved?
Outland American apps average about 4-6 months, with many being done even faster.

If the app is still processing when you come to Canada, your wife can just enter as a visitor.

cccolin

Jun 4, 2017
San Diego
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Outland American apps average about 4-6 months, with many being done even faster.

If the app is still processing when you come to Canada, your wife can just enter as a visitor.
Oh perfect!

When I got my US Green Card there were tons of rules about leaving or coming in during processing so I'd assumed that isn't an option.

Thanks!

Emasirc

May 30, 2017
Hello guys my husband in canada sent our documents last April 23 2017, until now ddnt get any response. How can we update our documents any idea guys? Please help. Thanks

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Hi my name is jhazzy i just have a few wuestion regarding going back to canada. I just recently recieve my permanent residency and i wanna ask if:

1. My son already have his pdos stamped question is do i need to be stamped to(obviously i am a permanent resident) in order for me to depart phil? As other say i dont need to but i wanna make sure to know what to do. As i dont want to missed my flight and rebook my ticket. Anyone who have the same experience please could u please help me and let me lnow thank u so much

Ventorro

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi guys, for the new applicaiton package, is phone/call records required?
I don;t see it's mentioned in the new package. Am i missing something

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
With the new application package, I'm a little confused with the classes of application and how they translate to the 'Inland' and 'Outland' that everyone talks about here. I'm assuming Option 1 here in the list is Inland, and Options 2 and 3 are Outland.

Right now I'm in Canada with my sponsor. Does that mean I can do Option 1 or Option 3 from the checkboxes? Now that the processing times are the same, isn't it preferable to do Option 1 over Option 3 so you don't have to go to another country for a possible interview? I understand there's a restriction on leaving the country for Option 1, but that doesn't apply to me since I still have a valid study permit, work permit and TRV till 2019 so I should be able to enter Canada regardless of the PR application being processed. Also, is there a difference in how they process and what the required documents are between the 'Family Class' and the 'Spouse and Common-law Partner in Canada' class?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Hello everyone!

I have received the medical request, however I'm unable to link my application to my MyCIC account. It says 'application cannot be found'.

Any thoughts about what may be wrong?

Reactions: KandyK

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hello everyone!

I have received the medical request, however I'm unable to link my application to my MyCIC account. It says 'application cannot be found'.

Any thoughts about what may be wrong?
There is some update issues where people received medical requests this morning and they didnt actually send it. The system are having issues. You might want to double check with cic about that. What is your timeline? Did you apply inland or outland?