+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

nmtrjn

Apr 16, 2015
Address Change

Since submitting my application in January, I have bought a house with my husband in downtown Toronto. My mailing address at CIC is still my in-laws' house in Mississauga - they currently live there and check the mail regularly. Wondering if changing my address on CIC's website would cause any delay to my application? Or if it is at all necessary?

Also, would it be beneficial to inform CIC that I have bought a house to show my husband and I are joint owners of a property, thus confirming the strength/legitimacy/etc of our relationship?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Re: Address Change

nmtrjn said:
Since submitting my application in January, I have bought a house with my husband in downtown Toronto. My mailing address at CIC is still my in-laws' house in Mississauga - they currently live there and check the mail regularly. Wondering if changing my address on CIC's website would cause any delay to my application? Or if it is at all necessary?

Also, would it be beneficial to inform CIC that I have bought a house to show my husband and I are joint owners of a property, thus confirming the strength/legitimacy/etc of our relationship?
1. it won't necessarily delay your application. however, cic is known to not update address information even after it's been changed online and through a case specific inquiry, so you will still want to keep an eye out on the mail at the old address - it's good your inlaws check it regularly. there IS a chance the approval will mistakenly go there.

2. yes, and no. while it will help prove relationship validity, it's usually not recommended to send new information to CIC unless it's specifically requested. the officer may not need the extra supporting material, so it's definitely worth keeping it handy in case they request additional proof down the road. there are people who send in additional proof without being prompted and don't have any issue or delay, so really it's up to you if you feel your application needs the additional info.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
After a pain staking 5 years of being in the process for inland sponsorship I finally got my landing appointment email. I will be landing in Montreal on the 26th of July, 2016 at 9Am....woohoooo....alhamdurillah!!!!!..YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........#gettingblackouttonight

Jun 10, 2016
hello am on the final stage for inland spousal application (the review stage) i called in today and the agent told me that my application is at the final review stage
Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: passed
background check: passed
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time

am at the Final review stage now and i wanted to know how long do i have to wait to to receive a decision made from here
Final decision: Not Started

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
OhCanada77 said:
Quick question. My ex and I were not married. He is happy for me to take our son as a dependant when i emigrate. How can i 'prove' this? Since there was no divorce, there was no custody agreement - we've always just sorting it between us and never done anything legal or in writing. I know i have to show evidence of his agreement but not sure how to do this?
get him to sign a declaration form for non-accompanying parent and have it notarized. Also, tell him to execute a parent's affidavit of custody, make sure that in that affidavit he is transferring sole custody and control to you... I would contact a family lawyer for this matter to be safe. This is what I just did, the affidavit is on the way already, I will send it to cic as soon as I get it. and yes, the cic required me to submit a copy of legal custody papers, since there were no custody papers made from the court ( we mutually agreed for what is best for the child without going thru any court proceedings...), this is what I have done. I called CIC first prior to the execution of the affidavit, and they said yes, the affidavit is alright , plus Include a cover letter explaining your circumstances

Tinzy

Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys,I am on a multi entry visa good till 2018.My husband and I just sent our spousal application yesterday.It will be my 6th month in canada this August 30, 2016.My question is, since we just sent our appication, am I automoatically on implied status meaning I can stay in Canada while waitibg for the decision or I have to wait for the AOR before I am considered on the implied status? Or I have to apply for visitor extension just to be sure?any repky would be much appreviated.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Tinzy said:
Hi guys,I am on a multi entry visa good till 2018.My husband and I just sent our spousal application yesterday.It will be my 6th month in canada this August 30, 2016.My question is, since we just sent our appication, am I automoatically on implied status meaning I can stay in Canada while waitibg for the decision or I have to wait for the AOR before I am considered on the implied status? Or I have to apply for visitor extension just to be sure?any repky would be much appreviated.
An application for permanent residency does not give you any status, much less implied status. Only the OWP that goes along with inland applications grants status.

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
hello everyone :) I would like to know does anybody know anything about online application for OWP, after I received AIP? Because I sent my app without OWP.. :/

Yno11

Jul 15, 2016
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding my sponsored wife. I submitted the application when I was still in Winnipeg. And now I moved to Calgary due to some personal circumstances.. Just recently, my wife got approved for her visa(thank God) and received her CoPR however, the destination printed in the CoPR form is still Winnipeg. Would there be a problem if she will now land here in Calgary where I now live? Any help from you guys is deeply appreciated..

Harleen.61

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Punjab
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31july 2015
Re: Address Change

I need help....plz tell if there is anyone who is 31 july NDVO applicant....
Thnks

tserab

Jul 15, 2016
Hi,

I am somewhat confused here. I have already done my medical exams. I have two children aged 5 years plus and 2 years plus. I had heard that children who are 11 years and older only were required to go under medical exams. Is it true? Or do I have to take my two children also for medical exams?

The other inquiry is regarding my 5 years old plus. He is a child from my ex-husband which means step son to my current husband (my sponsor). Our plan is to take the younger child (our baby together) as a dependent first and then take our elder child (from my ex-husband) after a few years. In this case, is my elder son's medical required?

Please respond!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tserab said:
Hi,

I am somewhat confused here. I have already done my medical exams. I have two children aged 5 years plus and 2 years plus. I had heard that children who are 11 years and older only were required to go under medical exams. Is it true? Or do I have to take my two children also for medical exams?

The other inquiry is regarding my 5 years old plus. He is a child from my ex-husband which means step son to my current husband (my sponsor). Our plan is to take the younger child (our baby together) as a dependent first and then take our elder child (from my ex-husband) after a few years. In this case, is my elder son's medical required?

Please respond!
Both children require medicals.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yno11 said:
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding my sponsored wife. I submitted the application when I was still in Winnipeg. And now I moved to Calgary due to some personal circumstances.. Just recently, my wife got approved for her visa(thank God) and received her CoPR however, the destination printed in the CoPR form is still Winnipeg. Would there be a problem if she will now land here in Calgary where I now live? Any help from you guys is deeply appreciated..
No - there won't be a problem.

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
status

hi all. i am filling out the form to change my status from worker to visitor in canada right now. should i choose option "tourism", "visit" or "family visit" when i have told in letter that i want to chance status because of pr process inland and stay with my husband?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Re: status

kristiina89 said:
hi all. i am filling out the form to change my status from worker to visitor in canada right now. should i choose option "tourism", "visit" or "family visit" when i have told in letter that i want to chance status because of pr process inland and stay with my husband?
i would choose family visit. seems to match the best.