+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Small question regarding Document Checklist for Sponsor:

If I have attached Additional Sheets for questions like "Give details of all employers you have worked for over the past five years", does it make sense to put MY name (the Sponsor) as the header instead of the Principal Applicant?

Seems like a silly question but I am really second guessing everything that I've printed out. So close to finishing ;D

duggal2490

Apr 15, 2015
Hi,

Pls let me know what all documents need to be certified by Notary Public in need to fill the spouse sponsorship file.

Regards
Ankush

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
c4luu said:
Small question regarding Document Checklist for Sponsor:

If I have attached Additional Sheets for questions like "Give details of all employers you have worked for over the past five years", does it make sense to put MY name (the Sponsor) as the header instead of the Principal Applicant?

Seems like a silly question but I am really second guessing everything that I've printed out. So close to finishing ;D
When you add separate sheets to a sponsor form put the sponsor's name, the form name, and the number/letter of the question you're answering.

Do the same but PA info for PA forms.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
duggal2490 said:
Hi,

Pls let me know what all documents need to be certified by Notary Public in need to fill the spouse sponsorship file.

Regards
Ankush
It varies somewhat from region to region. You'll need to look at both the general checklist as well as your region specific guide.

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImABule said:
When you add separate sheets to a sponsor form put the sponsor's name, the form name, and the number/letter of the question you're answering.

Do the same but PA info for PA forms.
Great! Thanks!

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question. My ex and I were not married. He is happy for me to take our son as a dependant when i emigrate. How can i 'prove' this? Since there was no divorce, there was no custody agreement - we've always just sorting it between us and never done anything legal or in writing. I know i have to show evidence of his agreement but not sure how to do this?

Hemrup123

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 March 2016
AOR Received.
22nd April 2016
IELTS Request
SA on 16th May 2016
File Transfer...
26th May 2016
Med's Done....
Already done
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello Everyone,

Category Fam
Visa Off New Delhi
App Filed 31 March 2016
AOR1 23 April 2016
SA 16 May 2016
File Transferred 20 May 2016
Passport Req waiting
Visa Issued Waiting
Landed Waiting

:) :) :)

SolBourg

May 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-10-2016
LANDED..........
before end of month lol
JetsFan said:
Hi Folks I had a question regarding application status.

After you send in the application how do you go about checking the status ? I went to the CIC website and their portal for checking status but I do not have a Client ID/UCI, I only have the receipt number RXXXXXXXXX and I punch that in but don't get a status update. Whose last name should I be putting in when checking status ? Mine (sponsor) or wife's ?
Yours, you are the one who paid for it right and the payment was registered to your name so the details with birthplace, surname and birthdate should be yours. :p

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanada77 said:
Quick question. My ex and I were not married. He is happy for me to take our son as a dependant when i emigrate. How can i 'prove' this? Since there was no divorce, there was no custody agreement - we've always just sorting it between us and never done anything legal or in writing. I know i have to show evidence of his agreement but not sure how to do this?
I would think that the most important thing for you to do is to have your ex type and sign his signature on a piece of paper, stating his agreement. Is the ex the Birth Father listed on your son's birth certificate? You can submit this into evidence as well. State down agreed upon forms of contact for your son and his birth father.

You have to be very careful with this. Without court approval first, what happens if your ex or his family suddenly changes his mind?

Take into account whether your son needs a visa too?

My advice would be to go to a family lawyer!

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hello everyone, can someone advise me on my situation. My PGWP will expire exactly in one month from today. We have not sent our inland application yet as waiting for some missing documents. As i heard i have to apply for OWP 30 days before my current status expires. Would it be possible for me to apply for OWP together with pr application later this month, meaning that i will pass that 30 days requirement?

Hemrup123

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 March 2016
AOR Received.
22nd April 2016
IELTS Request
SA on 16th May 2016
File Transfer...
26th May 2016
Med's Done....
Already done
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
duggal2490 said:
Hi,

Regards
Ankush
Hi,
Following documents you need to get notarized as per my view, but take second opinion before submitting application.
1) All School Certificates and mark list
2) School Leaving Certificate
3) Aadhar Card (For Indian)
4) Pan card
5) Voter's ID
6) Passport Photo Copy
7) Marriage Certificate
9) Birth Certificate
9) Divorce Papers (If applicable)
10) All Receipts
11) Ration Card
12) Driving License

If any document is in regional language then translate it in English (Translation should be done by authorized lawyer) Then you have to submit with original regional language document plus translated notarized copy.
Original document you will never get back..
All the best!!!!!!

You can submit bank photo passbook for this notary is not required.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hemrup123 said:
Hi,
Following documents you need to get notarized as per my view, but take second opinion before submitting application.
1) All School Certificates and mark list
2) School Leaving Certificate
3) Aadhar Card (For Indian)
4) Pan card
5) Voter's ID
6) Passport Photo Copy
7) Marriage Certificate
8) Birth Certificate
9) Divorce Papers (If applicable)
10) All Receipts
11) Ration Card
12) Driving License

If any document is in regional language then translate it in English (Translation should be done by authorized lawyer) Then you have to submit with 1) original regional language document plus translated notarized copy
Original document you will never get back..
All the best!!!!!!
notarization of the above documents are not necessarily required. it will depend on the country specific guide. this information will be in there. as far as i know, the documents that generally need to be notarized are documents not in english or french. i have not heard of passport copies or receipts needing notarization (again, this can be country specific). also, a lot of the documents listed above are not necessarily relevant to a spousal sponsorship application. it's best to check your country specific guide or check with the thread specific to your visa office to get an accurate answer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
OhCanada77 said:
You need to have your ex fill out an IMM5604, Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada. This is a notarized declaration giving you permission to bring the child to Canada.

vladikim said:
Hello everyone, can someone advise me on my situation. My PGWP will expire exactly in one month from today. We have not sent our inland application yet as waiting for some missing documents. As i heard i have to apply for OWP 30 days before my current status expires. Would it be possible for me to apply for OWP together with pr application later this month, meaning that i will pass that 30 days requirement?
There is no 30 day requirement; it is simply a suggestion from CIC. You can apply closer to the expiry date.

Note that as you hold a PGWP, you can't continue working on Implied Status.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Guys

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

This courier address is for all types of application ?

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the replies. My son and I are coming over on spousal/family sponsorship as my future husband is Canadian. My son will be a dependant on my application..

Thanks again