+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
taffy7 said:
I will answer some of your questions. When your wife came to Canada ,she came as a visitor. She will have six months before she either leaves and returns or will file for an extension. Your wife can not work while she is here visiting . There is no record of landing because she is visiting not a landed immigrant.

It is always worrying crossing the border. There is always that chance that she will get refused entry back into Canada . My husband and i got married in Dec and then flew out for our honeymoon,but he did have a return ticket to the U.K..

The only status your wife has is a visitors.
Thank you.

So outside of being granted PR, is there any other way to get her status here?

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
Hey everyone i want to ask one question before applying.My husband got permanent residency as a dependent child in august 2015.He is 27 years old.He landed in Canada got a job there and returned back to his country in October and married me in oct 2015.he went back to Canada and now we are planning to apply for spousal visa.Now the thing that is worrying me is that may be the immigration officer raise an issue on how come the sponsor gets married immediately as he was sponsored himself as a dependent child and this is an arrange marriage.Do anyone of you see any redflags in our case?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
F.M said:
Hey everyone i want to ask one question before applying.My husband got permanent residency as a dependent child in august 2015.He is 27 years old.He landed in Canada got a job there and returned back to his country in October and married me in oct 2015.he went back to Canada and now we are planning to apply for spousal visa.Now the thing that is worrying me is that may be the immigration officer raise an issue on how come the sponsor gets married immediately as he was sponsored himself as a dependent child and this is an arrange marriage.Do anyone of you see any redflags in our case?
As long as you didn't live together for 1 year before he landed as a PR, and if arranged marriages are common in your country, it shouldn't be a problem.

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
PR fees:

Sponsorship application $75
Principal applicant fee $475
Family member under 19 $150
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490

Total $1190

You should not be looking at fees under Express Entry.
I only see express entry - right of permanent residence fee. What selection should I choose when I make the payment?

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
scylla said:
The card will be mailed to you. Processing times are on the CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
Thanks for the info scylla. If we chose the other option of booking a CIC appointment, would there still be a 50 day delay in receiving the PR card? I imagine so since everything happens in super slow motion at CIC but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hcseeker said:
Thanks for the info scylla. If we chose the other option of booking a CIC appointment, would there still be a 50 day delay in receiving the PR card? I imagine so since everything happens in super slow motion at CIC but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks again.
The PR card issuance processing time is the same regardless of how you land.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PatrickD said:
I only see express entry - right of permanent residence fee. What selection should I choose when I make the payment?

Go here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/fees/index.asp

- Select "Canada" and "Spouse....outside Canada"
- Select "Pay my fees online"
- Click Continue
- Check the box and click Continue
- Select "Immigration"
- Select "Family Class"

Every fee is listed there.

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors
Can anyone suggest good immigration lawyer (with good reputation / success rate in handling spousal cases) in Toronto or immediate vicinity. Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Decent2015 said:
Hello Seniors
Can anyone suggest good immigration lawyer (with good reputation / success rate in handling spousal cases) in Toronto or immediate vicinity. Thanks
I can't vouch for them, but you might want to call the law firm that provides this forum/website for all of us. Just click on the red and black CANADAVISA.com logo at the top of the page, to find their contact info.

They are based in Montreal, but also have a liason office in Toronto...and they offer a free phone consultation.

Good luck!

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Go here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/fees/index.asp

- Select "Canada" and "Spouse....outside Canada"
- Select "Pay my fees online"
- Click Continue
- Check the box and click Continue
- Select "Immigration"
- Select "Family Class"

Every fee is listed there.
Thanks canuck in uk, just one more question, does it give me a client ID when I make the payment?

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,

Just want to know if it is possible to marry in Canada and apply inland. My gf lives in Ireland with a PR status and I am a canadian citizen.

Any advise will help

Thank you

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just paid and printed my receipt. Does it go before the sponsorship Questionnaire?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
PatrickD said:
I just paid and printed my receipt. Does it go before the sponsorship Questionnaire?
I just put ours on top of everything. I figured it's a good idea to show them the money first. It really doesn't matter though.