+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Anoushkev

Aug 26, 2014
Hey Leon,

I came to Canada 10 months,on a study permit because my fiancee lives here. in March we got married and we applied for spouse sponsorship papers in June. i received an email, last week, stating that my papers have been received by Immigration Canada .
my husband is going back home for a 10 days vacation in Christmas and i want to go with him, but the immigration office, when i called, notified me that i might not be able to re-enter Canada, even tho i have a valid study permit??!!!!
i was told by immigration that they are currently processing PR application submitted last July!!and that i might need around 20 months, to get my PR.
What am i supposed to do???20 months is tooo long for me to stay in Canada without any visits to my parents or my country!!!
i tried opening the link you added in your post, but couldn't!!since my application is just received and not being processed yet, i cant check anything online..... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Anoushkev said:
Hey Leon,

I came to Canada 10 months,on a study permit because my fiancee lives here. in March we got married and we applied for spouse sponsorship papers in June. i received an email, last week, stating that my papers have been received by Immigration Canada .
my husband is going back home for a 10 days vacation in Christmas and i want to go with him, but the immigration office, when i called, notified me that i might not be able to re-enter Canada, even tho i have a valid study permit??!!!!
i was told by immigration that they are currently processing PR application submitted last July!!and that i might need around 20 months, to get my PR.
What am i supposed to do???20 months is tooo long for me to stay in Canada without any visits to my parents or my country!!!
i tried opening the link you added in your post, but couldn't!!since my application is just received and not being processed yet, i cant check anything online..... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
It is my impression from my readings that if you do an Inland application you are not allowed to leave Canada because you won't be able to re-enter. However, Id verify this. If the immigration officer notified you that then it must be true. Did you mention to them that you have a student permit before the immigration officer gave you that answer?

Anoushkev

Aug 26, 2014
Yes i told her that i came her with a study permit and that it expires August 2015!!
Also i want to know, does it really take up to 2 years???how can i know anything now, since i cannot check my application online???
and when can i get my UCI????

rannvveer

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
new delhi
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2014
AOR Received.
sept9th 2014
File Transfer...
sept20th
Med's Done....
20/05/2014
me too i applied on july 23..but havent still recieved AOR

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Anoushkev said:
Yes i told her that i came her with a study permit and that it expires August 2015!!
Also i want to know, does it really take up to 2 years???how can i know anything now, since i cannot check my application online???
and when can i get my UCI????
I wish I could help you more. I am doing outland application so I am not too familiar with the inland process. However, I have heard that inland takes a very long time to process. Outland is faster.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Anoushkev said:
Hey Leon,

Right now it is taking about 2 years. What would be your Outland visa office? Although not ideal, if it is a quick processing time you might be better to withdraw your inland application and reapply as Outland. Some Outland applications can be quite fast. In fact my husband's was only 3 months from start to finish, even though his visa office listed it as a 14 month process. Not to mention, there is no issue with leaving during the outland process and with a valid study permit you would get back into Canada after your Christmas vacation.

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

We got an email requesting an extra form to be sent in.

Here's the text of the letter:

Dear XXXXX,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act establishes that a person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must
produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or
documentation:

- Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether
accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who
is not accompanying you to Canada.

This documentation is reasonably required to complete the assessment of your application. If we do not
receive all of the above documentation from you WITHIN FORTY-FIVE (45 DAYS) of the date of
this letter, a final review of your application will be completed based on the information available on file.
Please note that this may result in a refusal of your application.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our question is... does my wife (the applicant) need to send in her passport along with this form? I'm thinking not, but if you look at the image below, there's clearly a box that says:

"Address where your passport(s) can be returned by
courier collect:"

Here's an image of it: http://imgur.com/iMj0DCn

Why include that if they don't need any passports?

edit: plus the fact that it's called "Passport request" at the very bottom of the form...

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
yumyumhungry said:
Hello everyone,

Dear XXXXX,

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act establishes that a person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must
produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or
documentation:

- Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether
accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who

This documentation is reasonably required to complete the assessment of your application. If we do not
receive all of the above documentation from you WITHIN FORTY-FIVE (45 DAYS) of the date of
this letter, a final review of your application will be completed based on the information available on file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our question is... does my wife (the applicant) need to send in her passport along with this form? I'm thinking not, but if you look at the image below, there's clearly a box that says:

edit: plus the fact that it's called "Passport request" at the very bottom of the form...
This must be a country specific form, because we never had to fill out a form that looked like that... At first I was going to say no, you don't need to submit passport, but upon closer look, it does say they need all documents requested and the form with 45 days, and the form says passport request. Not to mention, the information seems like that is supplied for a passport (eye colour, height, etc...).

I think I would email and ask your visa office. And if they don't get back to you within a couple days, I would then probably send the passport(s) with the form.

Hopefully someone with experience from your visa office and shed some light.

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
yumyumhungry said:
Hello everyone,

Dear XXXXX,

documentation:

It looks like your Going to have your PPR already...that's a good news! comply with the requirements and send it right away...visa is coming very soon for you!

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for the responses. I've emailed Manila, but I'm under the impression if they want her passport, they will ask for it specifically in the letter, won't they?

Also, they attached Appendix B which is photograph specifications to the same file as Appendix A, but mention nothing of photos in the letter. She says she put in about 8 or 10 passport photos with the package. It's unlikely she needs to send more, right? (They would request a specific amount in the letter, or at least mention it).

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-DEC-2014 (DM 15-DEC-2014 VISA Rec'd 12-JAN-2015)
LANDED..........
Flights Booked 17-JAN-2015
lynnie24 said:
yumyumhungry said:
Hello everyone,

Dear XXXXX,

documentation:

It looks like your Going to have your PPR already...that's a good news! comply with the requirements and send it right away...visa is coming very soon for you!
When we received this letter, our lawyer advised to send back applicants passport, completed Appendix A, and photos mentioned in Appendix B. I believe 6 of them. We did that end of May 2014, and ecas is still showing APPLICATION RECEIVED. An email was sent to Manila office over 30 days ago, and no response from them yet. Good luck :). Patience is our new best friend.

Geet88

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-June,2014
AOR Received.
19-08-2014
File Transfer...
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Ip since 22 Dec,2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
Hello everyone!! I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell which month is processing now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Geet88 said:
Hello everyone!! I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell which month is processing now?
Which month is processing for what? You'll need to be a lot more specific. What kind of application did you submit? Which visa office?

Elena78

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
I have a question and I am wondering.
I applied inland. The one thing I dislike about inland is the fact that me and my husband cannot make plans to travel.

Once he finally does get around to obtaining his AIP. Would he be able to travel to go home back to Greece for three weeks or so? I read somewhere that if he is from a Visa exempt country and once he receives his AIP he will be able your travel.

Your thoughts or experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Elena78 said:
I have a question and I am wondering.
I applied inland. The one thing I dislike about inland is the fact that me and my husband cannot make plans to travel.

Once he finally does get around to obtaining his AIP. Would he be able to travel to go home back to Greece for three weeks or so? I read somewhere that if he is from a Visa exempt country and once he receives his AIP he will be able your travel.

Your thoughts or experience on this would be greatly appreciated.
He can certainly travel once he has AIP and his work permit - but much as before, there is never a guarantee he will be allowed back into Canada on his return (he should be since he's visa exempt - but there's always some chance, no matter how small, of refusal). If he's not allowed back into Canada this means his application will be effectively canceled and he'll need to start the application process again from scratch through outland.