Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ad rasheed said:
Hi,
can any one tell me what to do with "print out form C"? i live in USA and i am canadian citizen, i am sponsering my wife but from more than 10 years i am working and living in USA.
if you are not living or working in canada, and not filing canadian taxes, then you don't need an option c form. i believe what you do instead is write a letter explaining this and supply 12 months of paystubs. what they are looking for is confirmation that you have not drawn on welfare in the past 12 months.

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Hello,
I have a tensed question. Situation is- I applied for spouse sponsorship last year but withdrew after 3 weeks because my didn't want to go for spouse sponsorship and some dates were wrong in file and we thought we should take file back as representative put dome wrong points of dates. Now I applied again with spouse sponsorship this year 10 days before, we changed dates of course because some dates were wrong last time. I thought we would put letter of explanation with that but unfortunately, that letter remained at home. I m so tensed now, I don't want to do any misrepresentation. I don't know should I send letter now, as I don't have file no., or should take file back or what should I do. I don't wanna revoke my residency to sponsorship. I m scared n feeling bad. Plz help n advice. I can explain this to CIC but don't Know when n how. Mistake was done last year by different person n we didn't check n this time forgot to send letter. Just highly bad luck. Help n advice plz.
Highly appreciated.

honeymann

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 MAY 2014
AOR Received.
23 JULY
Interview........
IP 13 JAN
Passport Req..
29 JAN DM AS WELL
VISA ISSUED...
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN
LANDED..........
maharaj ji jaldi mehar krnge
while status check its showing application recieved , does it mean like my file is IN PROCESS .
If it is i got email from cic to submit PCC and FEE RECIEPT if not submitted ,BUT thats already submitted .
should i send them my other documents like passport like some of the consultants were saying to send this
tell me

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
honeymann said:
while status check its showing application recieved , does it mean like my file is IN PROCESS .
If it is i got email from cic to submit PCC and FEE RECIEPT if not submitted ,BUT thats already submitted .
should i send them my other documents like passport like some of the consultants were saying to send this
tell me
no, application received does not mean in process. "in process" means it's in process, and the file is being worked on. if you already submitted the info, then you don't have to resubmit. there are some visa offices that will send that to all applicants. however, if you want to just be sure, you can always send it again. are they requesting an updated Police check? generally, that needs to be an original copy. Do not send anything to CIC unless they specifically request it. they will request your passport and send instructions about how to send it. if it wasn't mentioned in the request you already received, the applicant will be notified when the visa office wants you to send it. for the most part, consultants give REALLY BAD ADVICE. if they are telling you to send your passport to cic when it hasn't even been requested, i suggest you don't use that consultant. the last thing you want is your passport getting lost and not being returned to you. AGAIN... ONLY SEND YOUR PASSPORT WHEN CIC SPECIFICALLY REQUESTS YOU TO SEND IT TO THE VISA OFFICE.

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Hello,
I have a tensed question. Situation is- I applied for spouse sponsorship last year but withdrew after 3 weeks because my didn't want to go for spouse sponsorship and some dates were wrong in file and we thought we should take file back as representative put dome wrong points of dates. Now I applied again with spouse sponsorship this year 10 days before, we changed dates of course because some dates were wrong last time. I thought we would put letter of explanation with that but unfortunately, that letter remained at home. I m so tensed now, I don't want to do any misrepresentation. I don't know should I send letter now, as I don't have file no., or should take file back or what should I do. I don't wanna revoke my residency to sponsorship. I m scared n feeling bad. Plz help n advice. I can explain this to CIC but don't Know when n how. Mistake was done last year by different person n we didn't check n this time forgot to send letter. Just highly bad luck. Help n advice plz.
Highly appreciated. :(

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello,

I sent my case to Mississauga on 5 Aug 2014, file delivered on 7th Aug 2014. but we have not received any email of acknowledgment from CIC that application has been received by them.
what might be the problem, please guide me in this regard. How can I contact them?

Thanks

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
ikonkaar939 said:
Hello,
Highly appreciated. :(
I don't think you need to send any letter of explanation, as long as everything on your file is correct now it should be ok

If CIC want explanation of anything they will ask for it

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Salar123 said:
Hello,

I sent my case to Mississauga on 5 Aug 2014, file delivered on 7th Aug 2014. but we have not received any email of acknowledgment from CIC that application has been received by them.
what might be the problem, please guide me in this regard. How can I contact them?

Thanks
This is normal you probably will not hear form them until you get your sponsorship approval

Check the processing times online, you probably have at least another months wait yet

dpatel

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Hello All,

I was approved as a sponsor and the file was transferred to New Delhi Office in India in June/July 2014, so the status shows Application Received for my wife when she checks her ecas.

I would really appreciate your suggestion/feedback from someone in the same situation or has pretty good knowledge about this:

1) Can I (sponsor and Canadian citizen) travel to India for 2 months to see my wife? Will it cause any problems during the processing of the application?
2) As per the current trends, my wife's visa might be issued sometime in Feb 2015. Can I bring her along with me to Canada once her visa is issued? Will it cause any problems when we enter Canada?

Anyone who was or is in the same situtation and planning to visit their spouse, please let me know.

Cheers,
Dpatel

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
dpatel said:
Hello All,

I was approved as a sponsor and the file was transferred to New Delhi Office in India in June/July 2014, so the status shows Application Received for my wife when she checks her ecas.

I would really appreciate your suggestion/feedback from someone in the same situation or has pretty good knowledge about this:

1) Can I (sponsor and Canadian citizen) travel to India for 2 months to see my wife? Will it cause any problems during the processing of the application?
2) As per the current trends, my wife's visa might be issued sometime in Feb 2015. Can I bring her along with me to Canada once her visa is issued? Will it cause any problems when we enter Canada?

Anyone who was or is in the same situtation and planning to visit their spouse, please let me know.

Cheers,
Dpatel
1. Yes. Not a problem at all.

2. This is fine too. Lots of people land with their spouses.

David112233

Aug 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping for some clarity on my situation. I am an Australian married to a Canadian. We were married in June on this year in Canada and have been residing together in Costa Rica (setting up a business). Previous to that I have lived in Canada on 3 successive WHP visas over 6 years since 2008.

We wish to return to Canada next month and apply for inland spousal sponsorship. I will be entering on a visitor visa as my previous WHP is expired.

1) It is my understanding that I can apply to extend my visitor visa so I can stay in the country while the spousal/residency applications are been processed. Is this correct?

2) Can/should i send the visitor visa extension with my inland application?

3) Can I apply for a temporary work permit while I reside in canada awaiting initial spousal approval? I understand once my spouse is approved I can apply for an open work permit but this process seems to take 11 or so months.

4) Can I enter Canada, with my wife, on a one way ticket and explain to the port authority that I intend to stay in Canada, supported by my wife, while my application is been processed? Or should I say nothing and enter with a return ticket out of the country and just extend the visitor visa when entered and the spouse application is sent.

Any help would be most appreciated. Please advise if I posted this in the wrong thread. Thank you.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
David112233 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping for some clarity on my situation. I am an Australian married to a Canadian. We were married in June on this year in Canada and have been residing together in Costa Rica (setting up a business). Previous to that I have lived in Canada on 3 successive WHP visas over 6 years since 2008.

We wish to return to Canada next month and apply for inland spousal sponsorship. I will be entering on a visitor visa as my previous WHP is expired.

1) It is my understanding that I can apply to extend my visitor visa so I can stay in the country while the spousal/residency applications are been processed. Is this correct?

2) Can/should i send the visitor visa extension with my inland application?

3) Can I apply for a temporary work permit while I reside in canada awaiting initial spousal approval? I understand once my spouse is approved I can apply for an open work permit but this process seems to take 11 or so months.

4) Can I enter Canada, with my wife, on a one way ticket and explain to the port authority that I intend to stay in Canada, supported by my wife, while my application is been processed? Or should I say nothing and enter with a return ticket out of the country and just extend the visitor visa when entered and the spouse application is sent.

Any help would be most appreciated. Please advise if I posted this in the wrong thread. Thank you.
You can apply to extend your stay. That is not a problem. It's generally advised to do so about a month before your status expires.

It is not advised to do an inland application as a visa-exempt national. Sydney is one of the fastest visa offices and you are almost certain to have full PR before your inland application has even been opened.

The extension would be separate from the application.

I would try to enter as a visitor. You cannot use the words live or stay at the border, but you can "visit" your spouse.

David112233

Aug 26, 2014
So would it be advised to prepare and file an Outland application and enter with my wife as a visitor. Will the port authority require a return plane ticket exiting the country before the expiration of my visitor visa? Would an amtrack ticket to Seattle count for example.

David112233

Aug 26, 2014
MilesAway said:
You can apply to extend your stay. That is not a problem. It's generally advised to do so about a month before your status expires.

It is not advised to do an inland application as a visa-exempt national. Sydney is one of the fastest visa offices and you are almost certain to have full PR before your inland application has even been opened.

The extension would be separate from the application.

I would try to enter as a visitor. You cannot use the words live or stay at the border, but you can "visit" your spouse.

Please refer to above post :) ... Newbie here

tejvir123456

Aug 13, 2014
hi guys i ma tejvir andmy gf is canadian n we r marrying soon,,, my gf has to appear for hearing on her case of theft under 5000 act ... can she stil sponsor me if she is charged??