App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Anybody from Ontario waiting PR and received OHIP? Does we need to wait until AIP for the same?
I did after I received my OWP. But I have been with the same employer for one year and they ask for a letter saying that you will be employed with them for another six months. They are pretty strict with that letter.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
March 13, 2017 inland here. Med request july 19.
SA October 6 (No email)

For a while now the meds have been put on hold hope u guys get it soon:(
hi KandyK

congrats on receiving SA. How did you know that you received it, since there was no email ?

Im March 10 applicant, but no SA yet.

Reactions: EGH

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
Took us exactly 7 weeks (49 Days) to get AOR recently. You are not past that yet, bet it comes this week!

Edit: Actually just double checked and was 50 days! Someone who had their app received the same day as mine got their AOR 2 days before ours, which shows can be differences, I was also worried the app was being returned.
Thank you for your response, just keeping my fingers crossed to receive it this week.

Reactions: Oldmacwright

Edkin`

Jun 9, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie here. Here's my timeline for my "Inland Family Sponsorship: Spouse" application:

• Landed in Vancouver with visitor visa: July, 2017
  • Mailed all applications together (sponsorship, PR, and OWP): Aug 15th, 2017
  • Package received (according to Canada Post): Aug 17th, 2017
  • AOR for Principal Applicant (PA) received via email: Oct 3, 2017
  • AOR for Sponsor received via email: Oct 4, 2017

Since Oct 3, I have been trying to link my application (I'm the PA) to MyCIC account online but never succeeded. I filed report via webform multiple times about this technical issue, but received automatic response that didn't solve my case. I called CIC twice. The second phone call I was told that because my spouse's sponsorship application has not been approved yet, I cannot link the application. I was also told that the only application that is on their system is my PR application. The OWP application is not on their system yet. I don't know if the Sponsorship application is already on their system. I asked the officer but she can only release that info to my spouse directly and not to me.

And then I received a request for Schedule A on Oct 12. I have included my Police Certificate in my PR application package so now they only asked for Schedule A. So my only option to submit this Schedule A is by mail or through the IRCC webform (a link was provided in the email for this option).

Has anyone ever heard/experience anything like this? I'm a bit concerned that my OWP application isn't on their system yet. I need to start working. It's been three months here without income and I'm the head of the family. I'm also concerned that I still cannot link my application to MyCIC account. It's been 11 days.

What do you think guys?
Hi new2bc,
I cant help you at all because im in the simial case like you but only sending out even later. Your case comfort me a lot as they have received mine on 1 sep only and i guess i have to wait for the AOR until nov if using the same timeline as yours.
I am just so worry like you that i dont even know if i am waiting properly un line as i receive nothing frim CIC.
Oh you did mentioned of calling CIC, where can i get the number? They seems to hide all phone numbers in the web site. I guess I should have call

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Thank you for your response, just keeping my fingers crossed to receive it this week.
When I seen someone reporting an AOR who had their app received the same day as ours I was expecting the worst when we didnt get anything the same day and the day after still nothing, the AOR finally arrived the next morning. We used staples on the application forms which I learned after was a big no no, so I wonder if this caused some delay. but at least they dont return it for using staples even though you arent meant too.

RedGirl

Sep 28, 2017
Can someone please help me with this question. I am sponsoring my husband and he has been asked to send in his Schedule A.

Question 4 asks:
Have you, or if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever: etc.

We do not have any children so he is the only one on the application. His sister has been refused entry to Canada in the past. Do these questions apply to his mother, father, sister? or do they only apply to him? The term "family member" always confuses me on these forms. Please let me know so I can check the boxes properly.

Thanks!

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Can someone please help me with this question. I am sponsoring my husband and he has been asked to send in his Schedule A.

Question 4 asks:
Have you, or if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever: etc.

We do not have any children so he is the only one on the application. His sister has been refused entry to Canada in the past. Do these questions apply to his mother, father, sister? or do they only apply to him? The term "family member" always confuses me on these forms. Please let me know so I can check the boxes properly.

Thanks!
Generally, family members for IRCC means the principal applicant, their dependent children, and their dependent children. But since this question says 'family members listed in your application', it could mean the same definition, or, it could also mean the family on the family info form, which does include parents and siblings. I guess to be on the safe side, you could mention your sister's refusal in the additional info/text box. But I think if you don't, it should be okay too, as sister does not fall under the family member definition per say.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
hi KandyK

congrats on receiving SA. How did you know that you received it, since there was no email ?

Im March 10 applicant, but no SA yet.
I believe she didn't get an email initially or any messages on her MyCIC account, but when she logged on to eCAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=) with the sponsor's information, it said the sponsor was eligible there.
But a few days ago, she received an email as well about her SA.

Reactions: EGH

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
When I seen someone reporting an AOR who had their app received the same day as ours I was expecting the worst when we didnt get anything the same day and the day after still nothing, the AOR finally arrived the next morning. We used staples on the application forms which I learned after was a big no no, so I wonder if this caused some delay. but at least they dont return it for using staples even though you arent meant too.
For sure I didn't use staples so that can't cause any delay. It's just worrying as people who submitted application around my time have got AOR now and last thing you want after waiting for so long is it getting returned due a stupid mistake.

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hello All,

I was thinking there should be a thread for the 2017 inland spousal sponsorship applicants.

We are still working on our paperwork, only need the marriage certificate to come in.

Wishing everyone the best of luck in their process!

Best Regards :)

Hi everyone!

I applied for my common law sponsorpship and OWP September 2017.
Still havent received an email with the CIC confirming that they opened the package. I was just wondering if anyone applied in 2017? How long before you had ant news?

Cheers

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi everyone!

I applied for my common law sponsorpship and OWP September 2017.
Still havent received an email with the CIC confirming that they opened the package. I was just wondering if anyone applied in 2017? How long before you had ant news?

Cheers
What time in September? Currently taking around 7 weeks before inland apps get the first email/AOR, ours took 50 days recently. Looked a bit quicker earlier in 2017 (around 4 weeks) but seems more resources are being dedicated to making sure everyone who applied before December 2016 gets PR by the end of 2017 as promised.

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
What time in September? Currently taking around 7 weeks before inland apps get the first email/AOR, ours took 50 days recently. Looked a bit quicker earlier in 2017 (around 4 weeks) but seems more resources are being dedicated to making sure everyone who applied before December 2016 gets PR by the end of 2017 as promised.
Hi ! Thanks for the response!

They received the package 17th of september. Exactly one month today.
Do you have any idea how long people are waiting before they get their OWP after their AOR?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi ! Thanks for the response!

They received the package 17th of september. Exactly one month today.
Do you have any idea how long people are waiting before they get their OWP after their AOR?
Right so you're probably looking at early November before you get an AOR, much less worrying when you know roughly how long you have to wait! I was happy I found this great forum as you can get a pretty good idea to waiting times by following other peoples timelines. People are saying around 4 months for OWP, but not sure if that is from AOR or when application is initially received, someone else can answer for sure.

MaameD

Sep 4, 2017
For sure I didn't use staples so that can't cause any delay. It's just worrying as people who submitted application around my time have got AOR now and last thing you want after waiting for so long is it getting returned due a stupid mistake.
You should only expect AOR and not worry abt app being returned...if there was anythn they wld have returned it within 2weeks