+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
You should only expect AOR and not worry abt app being returned...if there was anythn they wld have returned it within 2weeks
That's actually not true. With returned apps, what I've seen in 100% of the cases is that they pass their due date for AOR based on other nearby timelines, and then a week or two after they were supposed to receive AOR, they get their returned app in the mail.
IRCC doesn't go through the envelope as soon as they get the package. They get it, open it up to see if there is a text pilot barcode, if there is, they scan it so the text goes out, otherwise they queue it. Then in like 3 or 4 weeks, they go through the contents. If it's complete, they generate an AOR and send it. If it's not, they return it and it arrives back to you in a week or so.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi ! Thanks for the response!

They received the package 17th of september. Exactly one month today.
Do you have any idea how long people are waiting before they get their OWP after their AOR?
They received my application on September 16th. I haven’t gotten AOR either. Keep in touch we are on the same timeline.

MaameD

Sep 4, 2017
That's actually not true. With returned apps, what I've seen in 100% of the cases is that they pass their due date for AOR based on other nearby timelines, and then a week or two after they were supposed to receive AOR, they get their returned app in the mail.
IRCC doesn't go through the envelope as soon as they get the package. They get it, open it up to see if there is a text pilot barcode, if there is, they scan it so the text goes out, otherwise they queue it. Then in like 3 or 4 weeks, they go through the contents. If it's complete, they generate an AOR and send it. If it's not, they return it and it arrives back to you in a week or so.
I said this bcos my app was received on august 31 and was returned sept 12 so it means they actually did open it and checked for missing info...

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
I said this bcos my app was received on august 31 and was returned sept 12 so it means they actually did open it and checked for missing info...
Ours was recieved August 18th returned via Canada post October 5th. Refills out and send back they recieved it October 16th. Now we wait.

Joel1234

Oct 17, 2017
Hello guys i am just wondering is there anyone here on the same situation! Our application was received on August 31 (Inland) and never heard anything from CIC. No AOR yet!!! Im kinda worried

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
So I just realized I used staples in all of my forms. Anyone applied this year and had their forms returned because they used staples?

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Hello guys i am just wondering is there anyone here on the same situation! Our application was received on August 31 (Inland) and never heard anything from CIC. No AOR yet!!! Im kinda worried
People from the middle of August are just getting their AORs now so I’d be patient and give it another couple weeks...

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
shazahsan said:
Not sure what their actual process is, as our original application was delivered on 15th and returned in 4 days due to an error with the forms so we sent again and still waiting to hear back. Initially even I thought that if it hasn't been returned till now then everything should be okay and they may process it but after reading here that applications have been returned well past the tentative due date for AOR, I'm kinda worried now..

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
we are in the same boat, mine was received a day before and still waiting to hear from them.

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
Friends,
I flagpoled at the Vermont/Quebec border on September 2, and received a visitors record for 2 months. We completed the application and it was received by CIC on September 19. So now we are waiting AOR expected in November and in the meantime, the 2 month record runs out. It is advised by everyone not to leave the country while an application is pending but that seems like my only option. Does anyone have advice?

Krisushu

May 12, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
App. Filed.......
22-02-2017
Doc's Request.
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Request
04-06-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
I did after I received my OWP. But I have been with the same employer for one year and they ask for a letter saying that you will be employed with them for another six months. They are pretty strict with that letter.
Oh! Thanks for the reply Yulia

Reactions: Yulia V