+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hello all,

Is there anybody who applied to common law immigration application in early 2017 and already received medical check report request???

I submitted my application in Spring (almost everything, except medical check report), and I only received the filed number, no further information anymore...

Below is my timeline:

Application sent: Mar 27, 2017
Application No email received: Apr 13, 2017

Didn't CIC change the process time for inland application to 1 year or less??

My agent told me to send other life related documents (from Apr to now) to the gov again, just to follow-up, and he said it may help...

Please share your experience:)
I have a friend who applied in January 7th and he only got an AOR a week later, according to what he told me, he's been on a "30 days assessment period" ever since. IRCC haven't asked for medicals, nor background check. Nothing. He has called but they say he's still under "the normal timing for processing"

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Normally, the financial tables, or the financial requirement, is only applicable to dependent children and parents etc. The financial requirement is not applicable to spouses. The undertaking requires that you are to sponsor your partner for 3 years for all needs, but there is no employment requirement or minimum basic income requirement. In the document you shared, read the specific requirements on page 8. And the note 'Important' on the top of page 9 says, " *IF* your undertaking is subject to financial requirements..." meaning it isn't always subject to financial requirements. For a spouse, it isn't. Also on page 3, the 'useful information' part says "...even when you do not have to demonstrate your financial capacity for the undertaking to be approved." They are referring to spousal cases.
Thank you so much for the response!

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
I've still only received one AOR email. It was the one giving me my application number and telling me to link it online but never got a second AOR (which if I understand correctly is the one telling you the sponsor was approved?) Is this normal? Should I be worried? Or can I assume everything is ok seeing as they have requested my Schedule A and PCC?
It still says my action is required even after I've uploaded and sent the documents requested.. is this a glitch does anyone know?
This waiting game is the worst!

Application recieved at CIC : August 17,2017
AOR received : October 2, 2017
PR Linked to GCkey: October 3, 2017
Schedule A and PCC request: October 3, 2017
OWP linked online: October 11 , 2017

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi,

I just received a letter in my account that says that I need to fill out a Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669). It says you and all your family members over 18 years of age must fill out this form. Does that mean my spouse and I, or all of my family members, even if they are not trying to get their PR in Canada?

Thank you.
IRCC's definition of family member is 'Your spouse/common law partner, your dependent children and their dependent children'. The sponsor does not need to fill out Sched A. Only the PA has to. If you have dependent children over 18, they have to fill out the Schedule A too, even if they are not coming to Canada with you.
Family members does not include your siblings or parents for this definition.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I've still only received one AOR email. It was the one giving me my application number and telling me to link it online but never got a second AOR (which if I understand correctly is the one telling you the sponsor was approved?) Is this normal? Should I be worried? Or can I assume everything is ok seeing as they have requested my Schedule A and PCC?
It still says my action is required even after I've uploaded and sent the documents requested.. is this a glitch does anyone know?
This waiting game is the worst!

Application recieved at CIC : August 17,2017
AOR received : October 2, 2017
PR Linked to GCkey: October 3, 2017
Schedule A and PCC request: October 3, 2017
OWP linked online: October 11 , 2017
Normally, you get an AOR to the principal applicant's email, and then the next day, you get an AOR email for the sponsor to the sponsor's email address (or same address if you put the same email on both forms). The PA's AOR contains UCI, file no and the linking instructions. The sponsor's email contains their UCI and the same file no but no linking info.
The sponsor approval is known as the SA and normally comes near the end of the process. "AOR 2" is terminology I believe that was used in the old process, and is also terminology used in the outland process when you get notified that the app has been sent to another visa office in the home country. There's no AOR2 in Inland.

And yes, it is normal. I uploaded my documents the same day that I got the AOR, linked app and the request letter on my online account. It still says action required for me too. Note what it says on the table in your app for the 'Additional Documents' row. It should say "The Additional Documents you provided have been uploaded". For the 'Background Check' row in the table, it might still say Not applicable. That may or may not change depending on if they update it or not, normally it changes when they start your background check. Sometimes though they start the background check and don't change that, so it's hard to tell.

I guess now you just have to wait on your OWP to be approved and be mailed to you. The next step after that is to get the med request. Normally they used to send med requests between 120-140 days after the app was received, but lately they've been delaying it even more. Some early May applicants still haven't gotten med requests. I'm still waiting on mine too.

SA, then AIP, then DM letter (with landing interview invitation) come near the end of the process.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
How do I submit my IMM 5669 through the IRCC web form?
Instructions are in the guide as below. Make sure to sign it based on the rules outlined or it won't be accepted.
Note that the recommeded method is to upload it online on your GCKey account. (Click on 'view submitted application' blue button at the bottom on the application page and upload there)

Link to guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#expect
Link to Webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.257294795.1106634724.1508109664-971326420.1476322213

Reactions: Haire Gabriela

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Any news from April applicants and their medical request? Or does anyone know to what month does the latest medical request received correspond to?

I'm a late June applicant and can't help but feel that they will never make it within 12 months if they haven't even issued medical requests to applicants from 6 months ago.
I think ...March applicants

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
I'm stuck on this step, the form asked us to fill my information on page 4, it sounds like my husband and I are sponsoring our children. But in fact, we haven't had a kid yet and my husband is sponsoring only me. So should I just ignore filling this squares:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/A-0546-GA-dyn.pdf

Number 1 is the sponsor info, then 2 and 3 will be is about the sponsored person, and you leave number 4 in blank if you don't have children. That's why they wrote "(where applicable").

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Number 1 is the sponsor info, then 2 and 3 will be is about the sponsored person, and you leave number 4 in blank if you don't have children. That's why they wrote "(where applicable").
Yes and write "Not applicable " in the blank space. Should be obvious to them, but make sure they don't send it back to you to fill in gaps!

Krisushu

May 12, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
App. Filed.......
22-02-2017
Doc's Request.
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Request
04-06-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Hi
Application relieved on Feb 23rd,
PCC and Sch A sent on May 9th,
Medicals sent in June 9th,

No update until now.... Telephonic update says "processing background check", any idea how long does the back ground check takes?

Reactions: Emily89