Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
I meant *leaving Canada
That's from CIC Website:

"You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada. If required, a Canadian criminal record check will be conducted. You may be asked to provide fingerprints or additional information later, if we need it to complete the check."

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
What I was thinking caused the backlog is that they may be focusing on all those applications that they promised to complete by December 2017 and were supposed to take years, like you said. There may be quite a bit.

I think they give you a deadline for the sake of it, since people that submitted it in April haven't heard any follow up on it. They will probably process it together with the rest of your application. I'm not quite sure why now they ask to submit that and police certificate after they receive the application since they still take a long time to look at it.

I don't think so :( Like I said earlier April applicants are still waiting for medical request with no SA at all. They haven't heard anything after submitting Schedule A and PCC

That's right, mid-April, early-May and mid-May applicants are all still waiting for the med request, myself included. It used to come 120-140 days after app was received. Things have changed now. And you're right, if you look at the Inland spreadsheet, you'll note how they're busy giving DMs to 2016 applicants. They're focusing on finishing off 2016 applications so that's probably slowed things down overall.
SA, AIP, DM and Landing Interview invitation all come very close together now. So after you submit your medical and it gets passed, it's a silent waiting game until you get SA. Within a few weeks you'll get AIP, DM and all.
So the med request is the last piece of info they need from you.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Any news from April applicants and their medical request? Or does anyone know to what month does the latest medical request received correspond to?

I'm a late June applicant and can't help but feel that they will never make it within 12 months if they haven't even issued medical requests to applicants from 6 months ago.
The thing with the medical request is that it won't really delay it past the 12 month timeline, because once they send you the med request, you're normally able to find an appointment within a week or so, and then the doc sends documents within a week or so, and IRCC gets them within a week or so, and finally, once they look at it, it's as simple as a pass or fail, so they do it. They don't have to process or review the med results in house. So the whole process takes a month or less. So even if they send you the med request in the 10th month, it shouldn't hinder the overall process, as everything continues in parallel.

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Im march 13, 2017 inland. Got SA October 6 but no SA email.
March 13, 2017 inland here. Med request july 19.
SA October 6 (No email)

For a while now the meds have been put on hold hope u guys get it soon:(
Hi,
Congrats for your SA. We have the same timeline : I'm March 2017- inland, medical done July. I just sent out my PCC and Schedule A last month as I never received any request about that, I called CIC and they told me that they sent request since March when i linked the app.. but we received NOTHING. You know, i lost 6 months for nothing :(
Can you tell me please how long does it take for background check ? I sent out PCC and Schedule A exactly 1 month ago but..My background check stills N/A on ecad and they did not start eligibility yet.

Thanks in advance :).

Reactions: Zayed and KandyK

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
That's from CIC Website:

"You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada. If required, a Canadian criminal record check will be conducted. You may be asked to provide fingerprints or additional information later, if we need it to complete the check."
Thank you very much!!! Helpful!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Alo!

So I got the letter from CIC to ask us submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government as we are living in Quebec.

Before we applied for PR, we asked one lawyer in Quebec city if my husband who is Quebecois needs to have a job to sponsor me, and he said that No, according to Quebec law, my husband just needs to stay in Quebec to sponsor me no matter what he has a job or not. He came back to Canada on December 2016 and has a job on January 2017 until now. But I just read this Guide which said that:
"Sponsors are presumed capable of fulfilling an undertaking if, over the past 12 months, they have had gross income from Canadian sources equal to the total of the income appearing in table 1 and 2 below."

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/guide-sponsor.pdf
(#9. Financial scales - Valid for 2017)

According to the table 1, he sponsors only me and his salary for 10 months is more than the requirement, however, I have a big question that he just works here for 10 months so is he eligible to sponsor me?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Alo!

So I got the letter from CIC to ask us submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government as we are living in Quebec.

Before we applied for PR, we asked one lawyer in Quebec city if my husband who is Quebecois needs to have a job to sponsor me, and he said that No, according to Quebec law, my husband just needs to stay in Quebec to sponsor me no matter what he has a job or not. He came back to Canada on December 2016 and has a job on January 2017 until now. But I just read this Guide which said that:
"Sponsors are presumed capable of fulfilling an undertaking if, over the past 12 months, they have had gross income from Canadian sources equal to the total of the income appearing in table 1 and 2 below."

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/guide-sponsor.pdf
(#9. Financial scales - Valid for 2017)

According to the table 1, he sponsors only me and his salary for 10 months is more than the requirement, however, I have a big question that he just works here for 10 months so is he eligible to sponsor me?
Normally, the financial tables, or the financial requirement, is only applicable to dependent children and parents etc. The financial requirement is not applicable to spouses. The undertaking requires that you are to sponsor your partner for 3 years for all needs, but there is no employment requirement or minimum basic income requirement. In the document you shared, read the specific requirements on page 8. And the note 'Important' on the top of page 9 says, " *IF* your undertaking is subject to financial requirements..." meaning it isn't always subject to financial requirements. For a spouse, it isn't. Also on page 3, the 'useful information' part says "...even when you do not have to demonstrate your financial capacity for the undertaking to be approved." They are referring to spousal cases.

Reactions: Trinh

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi,
Congrats for your SA. We have the same timeline : I'm March 2017- inland, medical done July. I just sent out my PCC and Schedule A last month as I never received any request about that, I called CIC and they told me that they sent request since March when i linked the app.. but we received NOTHING. You know, i lost 6 months for nothing :(
Can you tell me please how long does it take for background check ? I sent out PCC and Schedule A exactly 1 month ago but..My background check stills N/A on ecad and they did not start eligibility yet.

Thanks in advance :).
Thanks.i finally got SA email last night at 6:15 pm. @profiler

Oh shit that sucks u didnt get the info in March.
My background check started in April one week after they received my schedule A.

Still shows my background is in process. Hope it didn't delay ur process since background is the longest part of process.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks.i finally got SA email last night at 6:15 pm. @profiler

Oh shit that sucks u didnt get the info in March.
My background check started in April one week after they received my schedule A.

Still shows my background is in process. Hope it didn't delay ur process since background is the longest part of process.
@chloecanada
It might slow you up a couple or 3 months. I wouldn't expect more than that. They try to run several parts in parallel, BG is one of them. But, that's not to say that they cannot finish it quickly. It will totally vary based on countries visited, places lived, etc. So, if they accepted the docs and are processing still, then I would just accept that it will be a little delayed, but you didn't lose the file! I can't see it being more than a couple months. THey have time anyway, as they haven't started into December 2016 yet....

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
It’s exactly 4 months today since June 14th I submitted my sponsorship application with OWP. Am yet to receive an information on my OWP. Since I linked it to my cic account on July 14th... anyone with same experience?
I would send them an inquiry online and ask. I think you will get a more useful response than if you called.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Odd question, My spouses police certificate from Australia was issued exact one month prior to leaving the country how likely is it that they will accept it. As we've sent the returned application back with everything except the Canadian one (its ordered but did not arrive so we will have it once we get the request).
Another question is my spouse has a criminal record in England, but was issued a Criminal Rehabilitation letter last year when he got his original work permit do you think this will be a problem as I sent the letter along with the record checks? (the offense is not illegal in Canada but due to England being the mother land we needed to get the Crim. Rehab.)

Any advice as my poor spouse is so frustrated with this whole process, we hired a company back in may to extend his work permit which they did buty didn't include the category he qualified for...(PNP, Express Entry...) we paid them a lot of money and gave them everything they needed but all they applied for was the extension nothing else so it was refused 16 days after his permit was expired. We've just come to find out the IEC work permits do not qualify under the implied status(which this company told us it did) so he worked a grand total of 11 days past his expiration on the advice of a awful company. We disclosed that he worked until the 31st of July included his letter of refusal and everything. What are the potential implications of this?

For this Spousal application I went through it with about 2500 fine tooth combs and this time I can guarantee that is will not be returned due to missing information. My concerns are now the above. Can anyone give any kind of insight?

Anyone have any advice for this?

bamckay1986

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

I just received a letter in my account that says that I need to fill out a Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669). It says you and all your family members over 18 years of age must fill out this form. Does that mean my spouse and I, or all of my family members, even if they are not trying to get their PR in Canada?

Thank you.