+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
Same as you I'm American and my wife is Quebec. I spent 6 months In Canada (the full 180 days you're allowed to stay) in june 2016 I recieved a visitor extention for 6 months then in December I got another for 14 months allowing me to complete spousal sponsorship app. Wish you the best and it's expensive so get your wallet ready. Good luck!!!
When you came across the border where you issued a visitor's permit which was stapled into your passport or simply let in for 6 months? Also I am curious how hard it was to cross as they knew you were likely to apply? Thanks for your answers...

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
HELLO,

I submitted my husbands schedule a through cic account, after that this what it says
Details Document Name Instructions Options Required By
Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC
Uploaded Filename: SCHEDULE A ONLINE.pdf

if thats the case do i need to upload the schedule a through IRCC if so, how? can some help me pleasE? thank you all!!

Last edited:

J@c

Jul 21, 2017
Seems like noone is applying inland in 2017 :D :D

We almost have our paperwork together, the marriage certificate is on its way. It took a bit over a month to come. We sent it online on Dec 6, and it says it was processed on Jan 9. Now only waiting for it arrive in the mail.

So we can officially start checking our documents and ensure everything is in order.

Hoping for the best for everyone this year!
Hi! I'm thinking by now you should already have filed for your in land sponsorship. Just had a few questions if you don't mind.
1. When did you marriage certificate finally come in?
2. When was your spouse asked to do his medical examination?
3. How long did it take for you to get your "approval in principle"? (For your spouse to be eligible for provincial health care)

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
HELLO,

I submitted my husbands schedule a through cic account, after that this what it says

if thats the case do i need to upload the schedule a through IRCC if so, how? can some help me pleasE? thank you all!!
This means you have uploaded it. Then you have to click on Submit at the bottom and follow the instructions to electronically sign and submit to IRCC.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oh that's different. I didn't get to keep the OWP paper. They took it.
In my case I have a Study Permit and Work Permit valid till 2019, which I have from before, since I'm still studying, not from during the Sponsorship process (like OWP), so I was wondering if they'd ask for or invalidate those. Probably not.
I was hoping to keep those valid because I have to travel in December, and I if I complete the landing before I leave (as per my timeline I'm expecting it at the beginning of December) there's now way I'll get my PR Card in time (~60 days), and I'm also only going to be out for 2 weeks at max, which is not sufficient time to get a PRTD from that country, so I'd use the TRV and permit to ensure the airline I can travel back, and then at the airport in Canada show the CBSA officer other PR documents like the signed and completed landing letter to confirm PR.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hi everyone,
I am an Australian citizen on a Working Holiday visa till September 21st 2017. We are ready to apply with my partner (Canadian Citizen with whom I have been living for over a year) but a couple of questions remain:

1) Before the end of my visa I was hoping to go and come back from Boston on September 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, does that sound like something plausible or once you apply you cannot leave Canada anymore? (I am just wondering if I can still enjoy the terms of my visa till the end as I have for the past almost 2 years, going and coming back from the States for baseball games).

I have asked a lawyer about my work condition and he answered

"If you submit an application for sponsorship and the open work permit before your status expires then you would be on what called implied status. Even though you would not technically be on a visa, because you will have applied for the spousal open work permit while your previous visa was valid, you would retain legal status in Canada and would be able to continue working under the same conditions as before"

I am just wondering, again, could I leave for 4 days before my work permit and working holiday expire?

2) Finally, I am applying for my open work permit as well (IMM 5710) which I will mail with the rest of my application, but the 3rd question is very confusing, what am I applying for? One or many of the following:
-A work permit with the same employer
-Restoration of your status as a worker
-An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
-Temporary resident permit

Thank you so much for all your help and good luck to all of us!

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We mailed our spousal sponsorship in-land application on June 28, 2017. On August 2, 2017 we received an email stating our application was accepted. I have been unable to link our application to our Canada.ca account. We keep getting an error message saying it cannot be found. Today I sent a technical problem inquiry to cic.gc.ca and I think it could take up to 10 days to hear back from them.
Hi, did you follow this process as below?

1. Log in with GC Key account
2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once) OR Complete the actual city of birth
4. Country of Birth - Select PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - DO NOT enter any passport info, leave blank!
6. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Thank you for answering all my questions.. I have one more question tho. personal history? let say he was born 1991 . is that the date that I am supposed to start detailing his personal history? i always get an error saying don tleave gap..(1991-2017?) so like that? please help! thanks!
Just saw your post. For all that have problems with the gap between dates in Schedule A, apparently the most recent start date you input has to be exactly 10 years after the least recent. Let's say that your most recent start date was May 10th 2017, in this case you have to go back as far as May 10th 2007 and not further, even if that particular entry started before. Hope this helps.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So, my medical shows passed now (CIC asked me to do it mid July 2017)
Now, I'm wondering when can I expect to get permanent residency? They got my application on March 3, 2017.
Medical is normally the last input they need from you, after that, all you do is wait while they finish off processing your application, i.e your background check and all.
I've seen that for the new process, the SA, AIP and DM all come around the same time, often a few days apart only. So Just wait on those I guess.
From what I've seen for the most recent landed people, their timeline took about 7-7.5 months from the day their application was received. I'd say you're looking at mid October for landing if all is well. But it's always case-to-case, so it could actually still take up to 12 months.

Reactions: Dimstereo

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
HELLO,

Have you been able to upload all your documents? Does it still say "Your action is required"? It does on mine...

Reactions: ayien05

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Have you been able to upload all your documents? Does it still say "Your action is required"? It does on mine...

I uploaded my documents on June 12, it still says Your Action Is Required on mine today :p And for a few others I know, it's normal. The way they update CIC is weird.
The day after I uploaded, the row in the table for "additional documents" changed to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded".
Once you've uploaded, just assume that they've received them and will start processing them as per their procedures.
The "Your Action is Required" might change to "Updated" or it might not until the Med Request comes in.
The background check row in the table may change from Not Applicable to "...Is in process" a few weeks after you upload. For some it did, for some in didn't.
In summary, don't worry too much. They update MyCIC for some and not for others, it's inconsistent.
The next step is just to wait for the med request. It'll come ~120-130 days after the day they received your app.

Reactions: EGH

jriddycuz

Aug 4, 2017
Québec City, QC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
Hello all,
I am an american citizen, and my wife is from Quebec. We want to apply for inland sponsorship, but my question is, must I have a visitors record to apply? If I cross and they issue no visitors record is it possible to apply without?
I'm in the same boat, but I already applied. I called before I did and they suggested that I just provide evidence of border crossing (I included an excerpt of my credit card statement showing purchases on either side of the border the day of the crossing, since they didn't stamp my passport. I don't know if this is sufficient, but it seems to have at least gotten the process started.

When you cross, see if you can request a stamp. It might make things easier. Do you plan to cross by car or to fly in?

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
For those still trying to link account, I just spoke with an agent at CIC. She gave some good pointers. Since I the details in my application in capital letters, I need to do that here as well. So if you typed your spouses name in capitals then try that. As well, I was told to put down 3 people as my spouse has an unaccompanying dependent child....IT WORKED!!!

Last edited: