+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

XKAYIY

May 21, 2018
A.) Notes requests are serviced by another office (ATIP). It does not take from an officer's time.

B.) Nov isn't screwed. Some cases from that time have delayed security screenings or overseas admissibility checks (they assess every immediate family member listed (and not) on the IMM 0008). Sometimes, these can be delayed, for reasons like refugees or asylum seekers.

C.) Don't worry. They'll get the cases done very soon.
Hi, I just wonder they are still processing my( sponsor) background check, not my wife. I don`t know when they started, I only know that they started before Nov 2017 when I check my status through phone service first time.
It is normal??????
Thanks for your any idea.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi, I just wonder they are still processing my( sponsor) background check, not my wife. I don`t know when they started, I only know that they started before Nov 2017 when I check my status through phone service first time.
It is normal??????
Thanks for your any idea.
Sponsors stay "In Progress" in ECAS from the day they create the case in GCMS (close to -- once they verify all the documents required are submitted). Mine showed as "In Progress" for 11 months. They literally had nothing to do, and they did nothing on our file for that time. Then magically, one day, I was approved, she passed eligibility, and they demanded a redo on her medical.

It's normal.

XKAYIY

May 21, 2018
Sponsors stay "In Progress" in ECAS from the day they create the case in GCMS (close to -- once they verify all the documents required are submitted). Mine showed as "In Progress" for 11 months. They literally had nothing to do, and they did nothing on our file for that time. Then magically, one day, I was approved, she passed eligibility, and they demanded a redo on her medical.

It's normal.
Thank you, let me go to find something funny to do

Reactions: profiler

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Who is your US phone with? You might be able to just swap the SIM. But it will depend what carrier you were using (they have different frequency bands that they communicate on).

T-MOBILE..... I KNOW I CAN GET A SIM CAR WALLYWORLD 10 BUCKS for a prepaid number.. they said I could switch Sim cards and get prepaid.. but I think my phone being locked for tmobile tat will not work.. I still wonder why I have that blank card says tmoble sitting in the same slot for my sim card

SIP is a software phone. Most cell phones now a days are actually SIP phones (you're using mobile data even if you're not paying for it). CSip is a software program that you can use to login to FlyNumber to allow for incoming calls. If you pay a little more, you can make outbound calls from the FlyNumber, too.
I still have to Google that flynumber.com and SIP stuff...... Do I have to buy a Canadian phone for flynumber?

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
They will contact you, and what to bring will be in the landing invitation (with the date).
They wont contact me,, they will contact by email the frigging so called lawyer who I cant get to even call me back,,,, so as of now I have no idea at all about that Appointment for my interview... man im so over that lawyers office.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I still have to Google that flynumber.com and SIP stuff...... Do I have to buy a Canadian phone for flynumber?
No. It's an app or a program that uses data networks.

They wont contact me,, they will contact by email the frigging so called lawyer who I cant get to even call me back,,,, so as of now I have no idea at all about that Appointment for my interview... man im so over that lawyers office.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I think they might contact you directly. If you want to ensure that, ask the MP to help getting the lawyer removed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
another question Profiler, if we pass the 12 months, do they accelerate the process or do something to process faster ? anything we can do or ask to the lawyer (its coming in 3 weeks)
Yes there is: you can just wait longer.

They said 80% of cases can be streamlined and will be processed in 12 months. In my estimation (from your GCMS notes), your case might be one of the 20% that might require further review. There is no guarantee that every file will be processed in 12 months.

Not to sound terse, but it seems to be a very common expectation, and is seems that folks have lost sight of the 80 / 20 split.

Reactions: goteborg

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Yes there is: you can just wait longer.

They said 80% of cases can be streamlined and will be processed in 12 months. In my estimation (from your GCMS notes), your case might be one of the 20% that might require further review. There is no guarantee that every file will be processed in 12 months.

Not to sound terse, but it seems to be a very common expectation, and is seems that folks have lost sight of the 80 / 20 split.
We will see we will try to send email and with the lawyer to ''put pressure'' i checked the excel timeline sheet some people they received at 12.4 months...

unbeliveable for my wife that lived 7 years in canada....

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
We will see we will try to send email and with the lawyer to ''put pressure'' i checked the excel timeline sheet some people they received at 12.4 months...

unbeliveable for my wife that lived 7 years in canada....
Good luck to put pressure. Even MPs cannot put pressure on CIC, so good luck to your lawyer! Our case took 22 months while most of people were done in about 14 months. Some cases are just longer to process.
By curiosity, how could your wife maintain her temporary status for 7 years?

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Good luck to put pressure. Even MPs cannot put pressure on CIC, so good luck to your lawyer! Our case took 22 months while most of people were done in about 14 months. Some cases are just longer to process.
By curiosity, how could your wife maintain her temporary status for 7 years?
I pray for 12 months or 13 months but 22....

she studied in canada and worked with the student visa permit after

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I pray for 12 months or 13 months but 22....

she studied in canada and worked with the student visa permit after
My wife was also on a student visa here.

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Hello profiler,
I just recived email that i have update and when i go to my account the link doesnt open and no changes but from the link name it says even scheduled. What it suppose to mean?
I am calling them if it would go through.
Thanks.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request