+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

JWorld

Nov 8, 2017
Thank you I will call tomorrow although I can never get through to a human ever!!

Also wondering if you know does every one have to apply for OPR? We were informed that we could go ahead and apply if we hadn’t already in that last letter (AIP) I thought you get that and OHIP when you go for your landed appointment. Or does everyone have to apply for one at some point in their application? We will be looking into OHIP this week with that same letter as it seems people use it for that as well. Thanks for your help!!! ☺

Call CIC to ask why the snail mail. Yes it's positive. Email is the fastest way to get a landing invite. So call tomorrow.

And Congrats!

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
You'd have to withdraw your refugee claim as @sweet_mahsa said, then you can get your passport back. If they know there is a spousal sponsorship application in play, you can request an administrative deferral to avoid deportation. If you don't withdraw, they would see you travelled home, and nullify your case (unsure the process here, but if you returned, then it must be safe enough, no?).

Generally speaking, you could leave Canada for a short duration (most say less than a month; but that's subjective based on the officer's tolerance) without having your inland sponsorship refused, because you didn't remain in Canada.

To return to Canada, you will require a visitor visa to be able to re-enter. Given the refugee claim, I would hazard a guess to say, they will likely give you a very difficult time at the border. My guess is they would likely refuse entry.

So, that's the bad -- sorry about that, but it's important that I provide a realistic perspective.

Now, the good:. I'm guessing you're almost done. Once you land, you get your PR Card in ~61 days. You can leave immediately after. If you cannot wait the 61 days, the landing officer can explain to you how to apply for a PR Travel Document (PRTD). It has to be done overseas.

Given your advanced stage (considering you applied sometime in 2016), I would say you're close to being done. There is no fast forward button, or means to get expedited processing.

I am assuming you can't just board a flight tomorrow, assuming you had your passport. So, I might suggest someone brings a cell phone or tablet to the hospital so you can Skype. Or something to fill the gap of time until you can return.

If you get stuck and have to leave and cannot return, your file will be refused, and you'll likely have no choice but to apply Outland.

Lastly, I don't envy your situation. I hope for a speedy recovery for your sister. In the end, we are all family, and family is all we can really count on.
Thank you for responding

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you I will call tomorrow although I can never get through to a human ever!!

Also wondering if you know does every one have to apply for OPR? We were informed that we could go ahead and apply if we hadn’t already in that last letter (AIP) I thought you get that and OHIP when you go for your landed appointment. Or does everyone have to apply for one at some point in their application? We will be looking into OHIP this week with that same letter as it seems people use it for that as well. Thanks for your help!!! ☺
You do not need an OWP. OHIP can be granted after you have the COPR (which you get at landing). There is a 90 day wait.

Reactions: JWorld

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Tony Ng

Nov 13, 2017
Congratulations, this is your AIP (approval in principle). You can now register (if not already done) to the public health coverage of your province (OHIP, RAMQ and likely those from other provinces as well).
The next step is indeed your decision made letter.
Thankyou so much:)

Reactions: sylvain1

Kamranria

Nov 8, 2017
I receive the both sides DM on September 20, 2017, now still waiting for the landing notice...is this too long?? I called the CIC and they said it will up to 7 weeks to finalize the landing appointment...
Is there someone's timeline similar to me?
Hi can you plz tell when did you submitted the application?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you sylvian... what happens next any comments
Seeing decision made on both sides means you are done. You will receive soon a DM letter (however some people never receive or receive it with delays this letter). The important one to get will be your landing invitation appointment. This can take up to 2 months to arrive depending on your location (Montreal and Etobicoke are usually the slowest (and busiest)). But at your stage, it literally only a matter of time before you are confirmed as a PR.

SUNNY19984

Aug 21, 2017
Thank you sylvain.. lets hope for the best

Seeing decision made on both sides means you are done. You will receive soon a DM letter (however some people never receive or receive it with delays this letter). The important one to get will be your landing invitation appointment. This can take up to 2 months to arrive depending on your location (Montreal and Etobicoke are usually the slowest (and busiest)). But at your stage, it literally only a matter of time before you are confirmed as a PR.

Reactions: sylvain1

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

I just renew my passport, and numbers on the new passport are different from old one.
How can I notice CIC about that?
I received medical examination from CIC, I'm wondering whether I can do the medical examination with the new passport.
thank you so much for your help.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone,

I just renew my passport, and numbers on the new passport are different from old one.
How can I notice CIC about that?
I received medical examination from CIC, I'm wondering whether I can do the medical examination with the new passport.
thank you so much for your help.
Scan the bio page and send to IRCC via IRCC Web form : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.223207323.1234462247.1510693135-1959297963.1488291669

Notify them that you got a new passport. Attach the bio page at the end of the web form submission.

For the medical, bring old and new passports. The doctor's office can sort that out.

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
Reactions: profiler

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Good Night ,
I am a September 2016 applicant and so far we didn’t get any SA or AIP.
Is it normal?
My wife is my sponsor but she isn’t working right now, since we closed our home daycare for health issues. Would that be a problem or we should rush to get a new job?

When I call the 1888 it says
“The review of your eligibility haven’t started yet”
“Medical results were successful”
“We are checking your background”

Ecas shows
Sponsor side - in process
Applicant - application received

Thank you in advance

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good Night ,
I am a September 2016 applicant and so far we didn’t get any SA or AIP.
Is it normal?
My wife is my sponsor but she isn’t working right now, since we closed our home daycare for health issues. Would that be a problem or we should rush to get a new job?

When I call the 1888 it says
“The review of your eligibility haven’t started yet”
“Medical results were successful”
“We are checking your background”

Ecas shows
Sponsor side - in process
Applicant - application received

Thank you in advance
It's a little behind schedule, but not much (they're in October). But that really doesn't mean much (so don't worry).

The sponsor doesn't have to work, but does have to prove some form of income or plan to avoid using social assistance. If the paperwork is already in, you don't need to advise them, unless they ask.