Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Good day. I'm in need of A LOT of guidance, assistance and positivity if available. I came to Canada in 2014 November and started dating a Candian in December 2014, who asked me to stay. After discussion we decided to do in land sponsorship which we could apply for after 12 months of living together. In May 2015 I became pregnant but had a miscarriage and surgery in July 2015, and by September 2015 he had kicked me out with no where to go and a list of medical bills to pay on my own. I didn't return to my country in fear of the medical dept I had and unsure of what to do. A month late I found a live in job and have been getting to make my way towards a better life. I also have been avoiding Barbados because I was raped by a well known person in the media when I was 16 and have had a hard time coping while being in and out of the hospital for depression. Currently I am engaged to a wonderful Canadian man who has been good to me. We are currently trying to figure out my immigration situation but not sure where to start or who to go to. November 2017 is officially 3 years I've been here and I'd like to start putting my life together like a legal Canadian or Permanent Resident to start. Thank you for you time and consideration.
If you have other sensitive issues concerning immigration, hit our expat, profiler or Silvain a note on their inbox. They are an asset to us here. Good luck and sorry for your experience.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guysss I just received an email 'It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all requirements are fulfilled'
Please explain what is the procedure from here. Thanks!
Congrats. That's AIP!

Next they will check your Medical results, Criminality, and Security checks. Once those are done, they will make a decision and send you an invitation for a landing interview!

Reactions: amazingt

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If you have other sensitive issues concerning immigration, hit our expat, profiler or Silvain a note on their inbox. They are an asset to us here. Good luck and sorry for your experience.
@PositiveVibes

profiler and @sylvain1 are not expats. We are both citizens. And, profiler does bite...

Just jokes -- yes you can always hit me (and I assume @sylvain1 as well) via conversation if you have specific things you don't want to air publicly.

Reactions: sylvain1

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
It's a little behind schedule, but not much (they're in October). But that really doesn't mean much (so don't worry).

The sponsor doesn't have to work, but does have to prove some form of income or plan to avoid using social assistance. If the paperwork is already in, you don't need to advise them, unless they ask.
Thank you. We read so many post from people that applied after us and they got SA,AIP and/or DM . We are getting worried about it.

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
My wife is October 2016 applicant, we got the medical request on September 13, 2017, the medical was passed a few days after that. Nothing else from CIC (No SA, no AIP).
ECAS shows the same as yours.

I am not sure what we can do beside waiting!!!
Wait and keep the fingers crossed

Reactions: Melhem1

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Congrats. That's AIP!

Next they will check your Medical results, Criminality, and Security checks. Once those are done, they will make a decision and send you an invitation for a landing interview!
But I don't understand one thing why PR status still is in process after AIP? We just checked online status using the sponsor details. The status is shown as below:

Sponsorship Application Status:Decision made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
But I don't understand one thing why PR status still is in process after AIP? We just checked online status using the sponsor details. The status is shown as below:

Sponsorship Application Status:Decision made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

Thanks!
Simple: AIP means you are ELIGIBLE to apply under the program you applied for. Meaning The PR Application side will not switch to 'In Process' until they have determined you are eligible to apply. You are not eligible until they validated your sponsor can sponsor you (that's why they have a DM).

The PR Application side will switch to Decision Made once they have completed all the stage 2 activities (Medical, Criminality, Security). Lastly, it will switch to 'Complete' once you land :).

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Simple: AIP means you are ELIGIBLE to apply under the program you applied for. Meaning The PR Application side will not switch to 'In Process' until they have determined you are eligible to apply. You are not eligible until they validated your sponsor can sponsor you (that's why they have a DM).

The PR Application side will switch to Decision Made once they have completed all the stage 2 activities (Medical, Criminality, Security). Lastly, it will switch to 'Complete' once you land :).
Ohh great! Thank you so much @profiler so that means SA that is sponsorship approval that comes after AIP?

Reactions: profiler

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler @sylvain1 and everyone I finial had the baby on Oct 31 2017 he came early his name is jason. I been busy

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, JASON! Glad to hear it's all over! Now the real pain begins ;)
yes he already had health card number it will take 30 days for his Ohip card now I have ti do is birth certificate I already did register him in Ontario, his sin number plus for child benefits . otherwise he's been good

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
yes he already had health card number it will take 30 days for his Ohip card now I have ti do is birth certificate I already did register him in Ontario, his sin number plus for child benefits . otherwise he's been good
HC # is issued at the time of birth. Most hospitals will have computers in the room and the attending (midwife/nurse/doctor) will generally create one immediately (they issue a piece of paper at first). The paper is usable immediately.

If you don't remember to send the registration to the registrar's office, they will hound you -- I found out ;). Easy to do, order the kit online. They send the SIN with the kit.

Glad everything has been good.

Last edited:
Reactions: KandyK