+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Good Night ,
I am a September 2016 applicant and so far we didn’t get any SA or AIP.
Is it normal?
My wife is my sponsor but she isn’t working right now, since we closed our home daycare for health issues. Would that be a problem or we should rush to get a new job?

When I call the 1888 it says
“The review of your eligibility haven’t started yet”
“Medical results were successful”
“We are checking your background”

Ecas shows
Sponsor side - in process
Applicant - application received

Thank you in advance
My wife is October 2016 applicant, we got the medical request on September 13, 2017, the medical was passed a few days after that. Nothing else from CIC (No SA, no AIP).
ECAS shows the same as yours.

I am not sure what we can do beside waiting!!!

PositiveVibes

Nov 15, 2017
Brampton
Good day. I'm in need of A LOT of guidance, assistance and positivity if available. I came to Canada in 2014 November and started dating a Candian in December 2014, who asked me to stay. After discussion we decided to do in land sponsorship which we could apply for after 12 months of living together. In May 2015 I became pregnant but had a miscarriage and surgery in July 2015, and by September 2015 he had kicked me out with no where to go and a list of medical bills to pay on my own. I didn't return to my country in fear of the medical dept I had and unsure of what to do. A month late I found a live in job and have been getting to make my way towards a better life. I also have been avoiding Barbados because I was raped by a well known person in the media when I was 16 and have had a hard time coping while being in and out of the hospital for depression. Currently I am engaged to a wonderful Canadian man who has been good to me. We are currently trying to figure out my immigration situation but not sure where to start or who to go to. November 2017 is officially 3 years I've been here and I'd like to start putting my life together like a legal Canadian or Permanent Resident to start. Thank you for you time and consideration.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good day. I'm in need of A LOT of guidance, assistance and positivity if available. I came to Canada in 2014 November and started dating a Candian in December 2014, who asked me to stay. After discussion we decided to do in land sponsorship which we could apply for after 12 months of living together. In May 2015 I became pregnant but had a miscarriage and surgery in July 2015, and by September 2015 he had kicked me out with no where to go and a list of medical bills to pay on my own. I didn't return to my country in fear of the medical dept I had and unsure of what to do. A month late I found a live in job and have been getting to make my way towards a better life. I also have been avoiding Barbados because I was raped by a well known person in the media when I was 16 and have had a hard time coping while being in and out of the hospital for depression. Currently I am engaged to a wonderful Canadian man who has been good to me. We are currently trying to figure out my immigration situation but not sure where to start or who to go to. November 2017 is officially 3 years I've been here and I'd like to start putting my life together like a legal Canadian or Permanent Resident to start. Thank you for you time and consideration.
Wow. Sorry to hear about all the trouble!

How long have you been with your fiance?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We started living together from April 2017 and got engaged October 2017
Ok, so are you expecting to marry before April 2017? Do you have proof of cohabitation from April 2017? Inland is still an option, and now-a-days they do state they will finish processing in 12 months for 80% of cases (the 20% are the more complex cases that require more time).

The reason for my first question is, if you plan to marry before, you can apply as Spouse instead of CL partner. That would mean you can apply as soon as you have the paperwork together.

Another question would be, do you currently have status? If not, then you will probably have to wait until after you get AIP to get an OWP (which as of late, could be useless -- if they continue the same processing timelines).

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
My wife is October 2016 applicant, we got the medical request on September 13, 2017, the medical was passed a few days after that. Nothing else from CIC (No SA, no AIP).
ECAS shows the same as yours.

I am not sure what we can do beside waiting!!!
Sep. 2016 applicant AOR on Oct 3rd. same status as all you guys NO SA or AIP yet but medical requested and successful. I have heard the medical is always after SA and AIP dont know how the system is working these days. But also read in the forum so many people did get decison email after medical without any SA or AIP. Hope for the best.

PositiveVibes

Nov 15, 2017
Brampton
Ok, so are you expecting to marry before April 2017? Do you have proof of cohabitation from April 2017? Inland is still an option, and now-a-days they do state they will finish processing in 12 months for 80% of cases (the 20% are the more complex cases that require more time).

The reason for my first question is, if you plan to marry before, you can apply as Spouse instead of CL partner. That would mean you can apply as soon as you have the paperwork together.

Another question would be, do you currently have status? If not, then you will probably have to wait until after you get AIP to get an OWP (which as of late, could be useless -- if they continue the same processing timelines).
We were looking for marry in June 2018 which would give some enough time to save up for a small wedding. I wanted to do it before a judge but since my case will be under scrutiny (because of my overstay), my fiancé suggested we do a small wedding with family.
We do have proof of cohabitation from April 2017.
No...I do NOT currently have status.
And I do not know what "AIP" and "OWP" are.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We were looking for marry in June 2018 which would give some enough time to save up for a small wedding. I wanted to do it before a judge but since my case will be under scrutiny (because of my overstay), my fiancé suggested we do a small wedding with family.
Just a heads-up. Many who apply inland are over stays. Inland actually has a higher success rate than outland. So, there is nothing to worry about here.

We do have proof of cohabitation from April 2017.
Perfect, then you should be able to apply as CL partner in May 2018. Note: there is a higher bar for evidence proof for CL partners compared to Spouses.

No...I do NOT currently have status.
It is possible you could have, so I didn't want to assume. The OWP would probably turn out to be useless for you then.

And I do not know what "AIP" and "OWP" are.
AIP - Approval in principle. They say you are eligible to apply for a PR under the program you have applied.
OWP - Open Work Permit. Inlanders can apply for an OWP, so they can maintain their status and work (if they choose) while they wait for their PR to be approved. If you are more than 90 days out of status, you cannot apply for an OWP until AIP has been reached. I mean, you *could* but it would be delayed until AIP.

Reactions: sylvain1

PositiveVibes

Nov 15, 2017
Brampton
Just a heads-up. Many who apply inland are over stays. Inland actually has a higher success rate than outland. So, there is nothing to worry about here.

I wish I had know about these forums when I first came. Thanks for the info.

Perfect, then you should be able to apply as CL partner in May 2018. Note: there is a higher bar for evidence proof for CL partners compared to Spouses.

It is possible you could have, so I didn't want to assume. The OWP would probably turn out to be useless for you then.

AIP - Approval in principle. They say you are eligible to apply for a PR under the program you have applied.
OWP - Open Work Permit. Inlanders can apply for an OWP, so they can maintain their status and work (if they choose) while they wait for their PR to be approved. If you are more than 90 days out of status, you cannot apply for an OWP until AIP has been reached. I mean, you *could* but it would be delayed until AIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Hi guysss I just received an email 'It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all requirements are fulfilled'
Please explain what is the procedure from here. Thanks!

Reactions: Snigs and sylvain1