AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Doing med checks in the morning. Just curious, my 3 children have student visas currently that expire on 09-30-17. I am hoping the last part of this process goes quickly, but assuming it doesn't- we have to send in for extension of the visas to study by 08-30-17. I am wondering what happens in that case? I send the extensions out on say August 29th and then the next day we get final decision....and I am out the $450 ??? I am currently out of status and was told that I can still land while out of status, but the representatives from the call centre have been advising me that I MUST have a status whether that be a valid worker or visitor status (problem is I cannot be restored and the only way to get a new visitor visa status would be to leave the country and return (which I also cannot do due to the fact that I have a PR application pending). Due to this issue, I am just not sure how it is best to proceed regarding the visas that will expire by the end of September. Any advice?
You can land without status, no problem, as mentioned by @profiler Don't go out of the country!!! If you go out of the country and you are not readmitted, you cannot land and have to file a new sponsorship application fro outland. You really really don't want that!
Regarding the study permit of your children, yes apply in the end of August. If you happen to land before IRCC makes a decision on the extension of the study permit, you can (I don't know the exact procedure) withdraw those application and get refunded. In the worse case, yes you will lose 450$, but that would still be better than having your children unable to attend school in September.

Reactions: profiler

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if you could help clarify what a letter that i received today means... It says that 'it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residency'.

Is this AIP letter?

Any insight you can provide with this is greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

It's an AIP congratulations

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
15, 13, and 9
So there is a couple of things. When does their present visa expire? The theory is, even if you apply the night before, as long as they have not expired, you will have implied status until they "decide".

That said, you have been granted AIP. So you can apply to work (which I suspect you would have to apply to restore status on the same OWP application -- $200 more -- they can return this if unnecessary).

So, WRT children, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-minors.asp :
"
Exceptions: Studying without a study permit
In some cases, minor children do not need a study permit to study in Canada. These cases include:

• minor children attending kindergarten;
  • minor children who are refugees or refugee claimants, or whose parents are refugees or refugee claimants; and
  • minor children who are already in Canada with parents who are allowed to work or study in Canada, and who want to attend pre-school, primary or secondary school.
When minor children studying in Canada without a permit reach the age of majority (turn 18 or 19 depending on the province or territory), they must apply for a permit if they want to continue studying.
"

So, you can either correct your status, or continue theirs. They would be eligible for schooling in either case.

If you continue theirs, as long as they receive the application(s) the day before the present permit expires, they would have implied student status (means they can continue to attend school until CIC "decides").

Not sure how much that helps....

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
If I understood correctly your previous posts, you are preparing to apply for sponsorship, but you did not apply yet, am I right? If so, then don't worry, submit your application with the police certificate you have and to be on the safe side, apply for a new one. If IRCC requires it later in the process, you will have it in hands.
i applied before but they returned my application for missing some documents , so i said i will send my application again with my police certificate from my country and a police certificate from here canada, i received canadian police certificate already, so i will send both of them with my application tomorrow

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
RCMP and CIC talk directly. You do not need to follow up.
:)
that means CIC will not inform me whether they received RCMP or not. If needed they will directly contact with RCMP as I had submitted the RCMP serial no with my updated passport while submitting a Case Specific Inquiry..

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
i applied before but they returned my application for missing some documents , so i said i will send my application again with my police certificate from my country and a police certificate from here canada, i received canadian police certificate already, so i will send both of them with my application tomorrow
did you manage RCMP fingerprint police certificate? for me I have submitted Canada police certificate and they requested for RCMP.

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Thanks that helped very much!

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
We did the same and had a little gap from issuance to arrival. We submitted anyway.

I'd submit your app now so they start processing, and get a new PCC ordered. Then you have it if they ask.

They don't normally take them anymore until they ask a little later on.
they ask you a new one or no??? in anyway i will order new one from my country and i will send my application tomorrow. but as i know they give me one month to submit the police certificate when they ask , and mine gonna get 4 monthes , can i ask for more time when they ask me ??
i will sub
did you manage RCMP fingerprint police certificate? for me I have submitted Canada police certificate and they requested for RCMP.
i did one and get the result from RCMP by mail , i will send this with my application

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
:)
that means CIC will not inform me whether they received RCMP or not. If needed they will directly contact with RCMP as I had submitted the RCMP serial no with my updated passport while submitting a Case Specific Inquiry..
They won't contact you at all, unless you don't do it.

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
We did the same and had a little gap from issuance to arrival. We submitted anyway.

I'd submit your app now so they start processing, and get a new PCC ordered. Then you have it if they ask.

They don't normally take them anymore until they ask a little later on.
they ask you a new one or no??? in anyway i will order new one from my country and i will send my application tomorrow. but as i know they give me one month to submit the police certificate when they ask , and mine gonna get 4 monthes , can i ask more time when they ask me a new one??
i will submit the candian police certificate ( RCMP) and the old one and Schedule A with my application

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks that helped very much!
You bet. If you choose to restore yours, look in my signature. Should take you maybe 20 minutes tops.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
they ask you a new one or no??? in anyway i will order new one from my country and i will send my application tomorrow. but as i know they give me one month to submit the police certificate when they ask , and mine gonna get 4 monthes , can i ask more time when they ask me a new one??
i will submit the candian police certificate ( RCMP) and the old one and Schedule A with my application
They sent an email blast (which comes apparently twice a year) asking people to submit PCC's. We fell for it, and got a new one from the Russian Consulate in Toronto (took less than a week, and they issued it in English). We were told later that it in fact was not required at all.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.