IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
To think two weeks ago you were whining and saying you weren't gonna land anytime soon LOL! Look at you now!
Right? Pretty soon, there won't be any 2016's left, at this rate!

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if you could help clarify what a letter that i received today means... It says that 'it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residency'.

Is this AIP letter?

Any insight you can provide with this is greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)
congrats.When did you apply?

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi Profiler,
I need you intelligent guess :)
I just spoke with CIC agent, she told my requested RCMP uploaded on June 30 and Passport on July 6, 2017. I applied on April 1, 2016. already have SA, any guess when should I get DM?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Profiler,
I need you intelligent guess :)
I just spoke with CIC agent, she told my requested RCMP uploaded on June 30 and Passport on July 6, 2017. I applied on April 1, 2016. already have SA, any guess when should I get DM?
It's after 11am. This and mathing are not supposed to happen. If they do, I require "Danger Pay" (a bonus because I will be ridiculed by my friends for not adhering to the rules of conduct!).

If they attached the passport to your file today (meaning they actually attached it, and didn't just acknowledge they received it), then one of:
- If they have finished security screening, then within 2 weeks you should see a DM in ECAS. Or,
- if they held back on the security screening, then you'd have to wait for this to finish. This can take 3-6 months. So I really hope it was already done.

Let me qualify the first answer:
They have requested your passport, and fingerprints to RCMP. This is a likely indication that you already have an AIP, because the fingerprints will be for completing a criminality report from RCMP, and they require a valid passport for when they seek to grant permanent residency. Both indicate you to likely be in the second stage, which is admissibility. Another sign is if you were requested to do a Medical -- another item required to complete the landing process.

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Maybe I will just pay the tax for my personal belongings then.

I am worried that my family are not good at telling lie. Like a kid bracelet they want to bring it here, but... I don't know... we don't mind to pay tax, but don't want to make my family be in trouble.

Do you think the customs will ask if the kid wears the jewellery?

They will be on the way to Canada in couple hours... haha

Weird. MP time. Call your local MP and stress the problem to them. Explain that no one is helping you with the process. Most *good* MP's will intervene.

If it was me, ditch the kitchen and household appliances. You can replace those here (are you sure the power requirements are the same???). Other material you can have your parents send as "gifts". Jewelry, you stated your parents are coming for a visit -- Mom can bring those as "hers".

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016

I am worried that my family are not good at telling lie. Like a kid bracelet they want to bring it here, but... I don't know... we don't mind to pay tax, but don't want to make my family be in trouble.

Weird. MP time. Call your local MP and stress the problem to them. Explain that no one is helping you with the process. Most *good* MP's will intervene.

If it was me, ditch the kitchen and household appliances. You can replace those here (are you sure the power requirements are the same???). Other material you can have your parents send as "gifts". Jewelry, you stated your parents are coming for a visit -- Mom can bring those as "hers".

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Just put it in the suitcase. Mom says it's hers for if or when they go out for dinner etc. They don't know your mom, nor how much jewellery she has or wears. If they are bringing food, they will likely be searched anyway....

Or you could visit them and bring some back, a bit at a time (enough to say it was a trip's worth).

Or involve your MP.

I hope they have a safe trip in any case!

Last edited:

JagmeetSingh046

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
SA 09-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2016
Med's Request
01-06-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
So I just received a call from the case officer today, who is working on our file. She wanted to confirm the address on our file. Because when my representative updated new address she just updated on my side only(PA). So she asked me my DOB and my wife's DOB and then she asked our current address. Later she just confirmed if we are living together at the moment. I was on the phone with her for only a minute and half. Then before ending the call she said she will make her decision and I will see an update in next couple weeks. Really excited and scared at the same time because we don't know the out come as of now.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
To think two weeks ago you were whining and saying you weren't gonna land anytime soon LOL! Look at you now!
For all those waiting desperately, please read this message. @erable_rouge was fed up by the process and guess what, she got news now. To all people feeling down because of the lengthy process, just hang on, your turn is coming soon!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For all those waiting desperately, please read this message. @erable_rouge was fed up by the process and guess what, she got news now. To all people feeling down because of the lengthy process, just hang on, your turn is coming soon!
And take up fishing :)

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
It's after 11am. This and mathing are not supposed to happen. If they do, I require "Danger Pay" (a bonus because I will be ridiculed by my friends for not adhering to the rules of conduct!).

If they attached the passport to your file today (meaning they actually attached it, and didn't just acknowledge they received it), then one of:
- If they have finished security screening, then within 2 weeks you should see a DM in ECAS. Or,
- if they held back on the security screening, then you'd have to wait for this to finish. This can take 3-6 months. So I really hope it was already done.

Let me qualify the first answer:
They have requested your passport, and fingerprints to RCMP. This is a likely indication that you already have an AIP, because the fingerprints will be for completing a criminality report from RCMP, and they require a valid passport for when they seek to grant permanent residency. Both indicate you to likely be in the second stage, which is admissibility. Another sign is if you were requested to do a Medical -- another item required to complete the landing process.
thanks profiler for nice clear answer.
last time when I talked they told me : security, medical, eligibility and background passed.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So I just received a call from the case officer today, who is working on our file. She wanted to confirm the address on our file. Because when my representative updated new address she just updated on my side only(PA). So she asked me my DOB and my wife's DOB and then she asked our current address. Later she just confirmed if we are living together at the moment. I was on the phone with her for only a minute and half. Then before ending the call she said she will make her decision and I will see an update in next couple weeks. Really excited and scared at the same time because we don't know the out come as of now.
Don't worry, you cannot go from no news to refusal, that just do not happen. If they are not satisfied with the documents you submitted to prove your cohabitation and relationship, they will send you a letter requesting more proofs. Before refusal, they would give you opportunities to address their concerns. So, if you have a decision in a few days/weeks, that's for sure a positive one! Just start planning your party!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hopefully sooner!

Reactions: JagmeetSingh046