28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
usheraz said:
Dear Friends... Can anyone advise me if RRSPs are considered as part of your income. I withdrew some RRSPs in 2012 and was taxed by CRA. It shows on my NoA. Would it be considered acceptable as it increases my income to qualify.

Thanks
No - RRSP withdrawls aren't classified as income.

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
usheraz said:
Is it the income before taxes or after? Please advise.

Thanks
It is income before taxes. Line 150 on your tax return. See this form for more details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5768E.PDF

usheraz

Jan 20, 2013
And line 150 includes all the incomes including RRSPs, would it mean RRSPs can be part of required income? What do you think.
Thanks

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
usheraz said:
And line 150 includes all the incomes including RRSPs, would it mean RRSPs can be part of required income? What do you think.
Thanks
You are correct in saying that line 150 includes RRSP income, and the source I linked says that line 150 is the figure used for income by CIC. So any RRSP income would be included when you calculate out your income for the sponsorship evaluation.

The specific quote is: "Total income amount from your Option C or NOA (line 150)"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5768E.PDF

indocanadian student

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the last three years income...
If one got married in 2013..Then does one have to have the cosigner's income only for the year 2013 - 2014..

For example one person is sponsering 2 parents...Then can income for the year 2011, 2012 be shown for a family size of 3' and for the year 2013 show the income for family size of 4??????????? ???

pektusin

Nov 21, 2015
Hi folks, I'm planning to sponsor my mother without any co-signers. What confuses me in the IMM5768E form, is that I should list my wife in line 5 thus increasing total number of persons in line 7 and then take it in account in line 8 (minimum necessary income). She is working full time and she is not a dependent in any way. How will CIC know that she has income?

Also, what is the point of Gross income/benefits in my employment history if I'm already attaching Option C for all required years?

Thanks!

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pektusin said:
Hi folks, I'm planning to sponsor my mother without any co-signers. What confuses me in the IMM5768E form, is that I should list my wife in line 5 thus increasing total number of persons in line 7 and then take it in account in line 8 (minimum necessary income). She is working full time and she is not a dependent in any way. How will CIC know that she has income?

Also, what is the point of Gross income/benefits in my employment history if I'm already attaching Option C for all required years?

Thanks!
I think u still have to include her in family size calculation. Moreover u will need to write reason as why she is not co-signing
On ur second question. The annual gross income is package u get in offer. But actual income in option c form is different due no of months u have worked or even if worked 12 months then bonus and PSA etc benefits taxable claims vary indiviually.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
pektusin said:

Thanks!
It doesnt matter if your wife is working or not. She is still your family that you must list family size number. So if it is just you and your wife and you are sponsoring your mother, your family count is 3. If you have any children, add them to your family size number as well.

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
Greetings,

I have three kids (6year, 2 year and 5 months) and myself & spouse.

I am willing to sponser my parents, and my income for year 2013, 2014 and 2015 is more than 120k, I have NOA of assessment for year 2013, 2014 and also requested Option c print out last week for year 2012, 2013, 2014, but for year 2012 income for year 2012 is 64xxx $ as NOA (line 150).

for year 2015 proof income - can show pay stubs and employment income letter from employer as proof of income in 2015 not sure if it will be acceptable form of income proof? because notice of assessment for 2015 will be done by march and during that time frame number of applicants will already be over the expected quota 5000 / 2015.

Please advise if it can be done.

Thank

wj

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
khanwaja said:
for year 2015 proof income - can show pay stubs and employment income letter from employer as proof of income in 2015 not sure if it will be acceptable form of income proof? because notice of assessment for 2015 will be done by march and during that time frame number of applicants will already be over the expected quota 5000 / 2015.
No that is not allowed. CRA specifically says CRA NOA or Option C is the only acceptable proof for income. So if you don't meet LICO in 2012, then you will need to use 2013, 2014 and 2015 NOA to apply in January 2017.

You won't be able to apply in Jan 2016 unless you live in Quebec where only 1 year proof of income is necessary. There are no other options.

pektusin

Nov 21, 2015
jhutti said:
I think u still have to include her in family size calculation. Moreover u will need to write reason as why she is not co-signing
On ur second question. The annual gross income is package u get in offer. But actual income in option c form is different due no of months u have worked or even if worked 12 months then bonus and PSA etc benefits taxable claims vary indiviually.
screech339 said:
It doesnt matter if your wife is working or not. She is still your family that you must list family size number. So if it is just you and your wife and you are sponsoring your mother, your family count is 3. If you have any children, add them to your family size number as well.
Hmm, interesting. The only reason I am not including her as a co-signer is that I'm making enough to be a sponsor myself. Sure I can write a couple lines explaining this.

Regarding the annual gross income, now it confuses me even more. The job offer that I received was stating my salary and other benefits like stock options. Price of the stock option was changing all the time. Moreover, the salary number was valid for less than a year, then I got an increase each year. So what is the annual gross income in this case? In addition to this, I quit that job and started in another company in the middle of a year. As I understood it, I had to count all the money that company gave me from the first day to the last day, so I added employment income from all my T4's from both companies.

Thank you for your responses.

pektusin

Nov 21, 2015
jhutti said:
screech339 said:
Hmm, interesting. The only reason I am not including her as a co-signer is that I'm making enough to be a sponsor myself. Sure I can write a couple lines explaining this.

Regarding the annual gross income, now it confuses me even more. The job offer that I received was stating my salary and other benefits like stock options. Price of the stock option was changing all the time. Moreover, the salary number was valid for less than a year, then I got an increase each year. So what is the annual gross income in this case? In addition to this, I quit that job and started in another company in the middle of a year. As I understood it, I had to count all the money that company gave me from the first day to the last day, so I added employment income from all my T4's from both companies.

Thank you for your replies.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello Everyone,

I am active member of this forum however I am new to this section of the forum.

I am planning to sponsor my parents (father and mother) under family class.

Could please someone guide me regarding the following:

1. Does the photocopies need to be certified?

2. As I am sponsoring my mother and father both, do i have to fill the forms as mentioned on CIC's website twice (one for my father and one for my mother)?

Please guide.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
pektusin said:

Thank you for your replies.
CIC is only interested in line 150 (gross income) in income tax NOA or Option C. So line 150 will include income from the two companies combined including any benefits such as bonuses etc etc you get from companies.

Just because you are not including your wife as co-signer doesnt mean you dont include her in the family size count. The premise is that you work to support your whole family including a working spouse. If your wife ever lost her job, you still support her.