+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Naqvee said:
Thanks Sylvia27,

My LVO is london, should we do upfront medical or just wait for them to ask?
When was your file transfered to London? Your mom is in Pak and medical/PCC request came through yet? Pls let me know.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Learned one thing new to me today that when SA is approved, the paper file also gets transferred to visa office, which doesn't happen right away. They send many files together in batches, so your in-transit time to the visa office can be longer esp. if they are a busy office. So if you're approved as SA, but no medical or other request, know that transit time+workload of visa office, are some of the contributors.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
I got the email today as follows"

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing with regards to your family-class application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be advised that, in order for us to continue processing your application, we require the following:

- A copy of your divorce certificate (with an English translation if not already in English) which was not provided in your original application.

- Updated, signed Schedule A form.

- Original UK Police Certificate; please refer to our website for instructions.

- Payment in Canada of the outstanding Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF); please refer to our website for instructions.

- Medical examination; please note that medical instruction forms will be emailed separately.

Please submit the requested documentation/information to the London visa office within 45 days including a copy of this email as a cover letter. Please submit all the above documents to us at the same time, quoting your file number (shown in the subject line above) on all correspondence.

Did everyone else get a request for an updated Schedule A? - Has the form changed or can i simply re-submit the same form?

Also, can anyone verify that fee i need to pay is the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee - non fast entry" ?

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
And another question, can i pay the fee on behalf of my mother and just email her the receipt so she can send it to the local visa office? (I am in Canada and she is in the UK at the moment).

Or does she have to pay it and print it directly from the website?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AnastasiaU said:
Did everyone else get a request for an updated Schedule A? - Has the form changed or can i simply re-submit the same form?
I got it from Singapore VO. The contents of the forms did not change, but some formats changed. So, you need to download the latest form and fill it out. The reason behind asking updated IMM5669 is that CIC does background check after they are satisfied with Medical and PCC. And IMM5669 gives your full history where you lived, worked, if you were involved with any organization etc. FYI, my mom was asked specifically to insert her history and addresses since age 18, so I did.

Also, can anyone verify that fee i need to pay is the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee - non fast entry" ?
Yes, it's RPRF - Not Express Entry. And you can pay as a sponsor. Again, in our email, we were asked to notify CPC-M re: RPRF receipt. So, I uploaded the receipt using the webform given in "After You Apply" section of CIC. We also attached the receipt with the documents sent back to VO.

PS: Could you kindly update the SS?

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks for your answers. So how long do we anticipate it will take from here?

Rossei i'll be happy to update spreadsheet. Can you re-send the link please?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AnastasiaU said:
Thanks for your answers. So how long do we anticipate it will take from here?

Rossei i'll be happy to update spreadsheet. Can you re-send the link please?
From the date when LVO receives Medical/PCC etc, it shouldn't take long (1~4 months). It highly depends on the specific LVO: how they handle PGP, how much backlogs they have, how much current workload they're bearing, how much workforce they can provide, if they're exceeding their allotted quota of family immigration etc. After the case officer is satisfied with the submitted docs and medical results; s/he ques it for background check. Once that's clear, s/he issues PPR. So, it also depends on the case officer as well.

Links are given in my signature.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks is it the "IME/PCC/RPRF
Req Date" cell that i need to update? - it is already entered as 19th July but i only got it yesterday (Aug 24th).

cassieautumn

Aug 25, 2016
ha08 said:
My parents files are processed in Ottawa. I got SA email on July 12,2016 and I linked the application to my account before medical request.
I guess I will only receive further request via myCIC. As I received PCC request, RPRF, medical request on Aug.11 via my account, no email communication.
Mycic shows below so far: my parents will do the medical and PCC next week. I assume I need to upload PCC online only and pay RPRF online.

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Review in Progress
Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applicant
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Hope myCIC is the only place they will send request. Cuz my parents haven’t received anything so far.
Hi there, I tried to link my parent's (mom) application on the CIC website to my CIC account. However, for some reason it can't locate it. When I input the info in the linking account page, the "Applicant' should be my mom right? /under "Number of Family Members, including the primary applicant, that are a part of the application", it should just be 1 right? (my mom only).

Any help is appreciate and thank you!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
cassieautumn said:
Hi there, I tried to link my parent's (mom) application on the CIC website to my CIC account. However, for some reason it can't locate it. When I input the info in the linking account page, the "Applicant' should be my mom right? /under "Number of Family Members, including the primary applicant, that are a part of the application", it should just be 1 right? (my mom only).

Any help is appreciate and thank you!
Applicant should be your mom.

The number of family members should be the number of total family size you put in your original application to CPC-M. It should be 2 (you & your mom) + your wife + your children (if applicable).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AnastasiaU said:
Thanks is it the "IME/PCC/RPRF Req Date" cell that i need to update? - it is already entered as 19th July but i only got it yesterday (Aug 24th).
So, 19-Jul-2016 date has nothing to do with you? Was it your in-process date?

For now, I put 19-Jul-2016 as your PR I/P Date AND
24-Aug-2016 as your IME/PCC/RPRF Req Date

cassieautumn

Aug 25, 2016
Rossei said:
Applicant should be your mom.

The number of family members should be the number of total family size you put in your original application to CPC-M. It should be 2 (you & your mom) + your wife + your children (if applicable).
Thanks so much! I tried again and didn't work so I have submitted a Webform on the CIC website and hopefully they will respond soon. Appreciate your speedy reply :)!

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Rossei said:
So, 19-Jul-2016 date has nothing to do with you? Was it your in-process date?

For now, I put 19-Jul-2016 as your PR I/P Date AND
24-Aug-2016 as your IME/PCC/RPRF Req Date

No, i didn't put that in and i see it's V-look-up that references other cells. So i think you made the correct entry now. Thanks

kikayc

Aug 25, 2016
mhievalencia said:
Paid the Landing Fee and submitted the additional documents last July 11. No additional updates yet from the Manila Embassy

We received your application for permanent residence on January 4, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 8, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on July 19, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
wow! your application went fast.

I sponsored my mom Jan 2016.

Here is her status so far:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 4, 2016.

We started processing your application on July 7, 2016.

We sent you correspondence on July 20, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We sent you correspondence on August 1, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They asked for Original Police Clearance (NBI)
She was requested to do her Medicals too end of July but she was asked to come back regarding hoarseness in her voice. The Embassy wanted a medical clearance for that. She had Endoscopy and CT scan done and it was all clear. She submitted that as well first week of August. Now, just waiting....patience is definitely a virtue.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
cassieautumn said:
Thanks so much! I tried again and didn't work so I have submitted a Webform on the CIC website and hopefully they will respond soon. Appreciate your speedy reply :)!
I also couldn't link my application and tried many times. Very frustrating. Do i need to do this or can the application proceed without having online visibility?