+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
dear friends, those who got medical and police clearance request and submitted it, kindly share what your MyCIC and ecas status shows now. Thanks

mhievalencia

May 12, 2014
Paid the Landing Fee and submitted the additional documents last July 11. No additional updates yet from the Manila Embassy

We received your application for permanent residence on January 4, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 8, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on July 19, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Did anyone here from 2015 get visa yet?

afs25

Jan 30, 2015
vnexpress said:
What forms did they require you to update? Just Schedule A or anything else?
Just the schedule A, but they want all information since my parents were 18 years old. Have your online status been updated yet after they receive your documents?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
pirates of sandvip said:
I applied in 2011
YES! I would recommend you to complete upfront medical and RPRF payment, and send the receipts directly to Singapore. You might not find my assumption comfortable for your case, but the reason newer inventory (post 2014 files) are getting preferential treatment and better processing time than 2010 and 2011 is because the new set of requirements is much more stringent in terms of income (3 year vs 1 year) and the sponsorship undertaking is 20 years vs 10 years. IRCC seems to be filling up their quota with as many new files as possible and the "leftover" will be used to process older files over the next several years until they're all gone. This, again, is only my assumption based on some raw data. This isn't just with Singapore, most visa offices are doing the same thing: lock the older files longer and process newer files.

The current PGP inventory in Singapore in general, is low, however they are still carrying a fair number of 2010 and 2011 files pending further checks, including DNA and income review. Last year, Singapore issued nearly 2,000 individual PGP visas and they got rid of the backlog at the end of 2015. As of July 2016, there are only approximately 500 persons queuing for PGP visas at Singapore.

pirates of sandvip

Jul 10, 2014
Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
YES! I would recommend you to complete upfront medical and RPRF payment, and send the receipts directly to Singapore. You might not find my assumption comfortable for your case, but the reason newer inventory (post 2014 files) are getting preferential treatment and better processing time than 2010 and 2011 is because the new set of requirements is much more stringent in terms of income (3 year vs 1 year) and the sponsorship undertaking is 20 years vs 10 years. IRCC seems to be filling up their quota with as many new files as possible and the "leftover" will be used to process older files over the next several years until they're all gone. This, again, is only my assumption based on some raw data. This isn't just with Singapore, most visa offices are doing the same thing: lock the older files longer and process newer files.

The current PGP inventory in Singapore in general, is low, however they are still carrying a fair number of 2010 and 2011 files pending further checks, including DNA and income review. Last year, Singapore issued nearly 2,000 individual PGP visas and they got rid of the backlog at the end of 2015. As of July 2016, there are only approximately 500 persons queuing for PGP visas at Singapore.
Thanks a lot for the advice and information. I was also thinking of doing the medical and police Clarence. Now I definitely will.
Regards

bazzi

Feb 2, 2011
gurpreet.gumber said:
Thank you Salil. Appreciate your response. I hope we all get to hear from them soon..... fingers crossed.
Anyone else has got any different updates?

Thanks.
We also have yet to receive anything yet. We are in the 2015 batch and received a notice in March 2015 that we had been included. I am in the same boat as you...hopefully they get back to us soon.

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
I just saw on cic website and seems like they are officially processing 2014 applications. let keep finger processed for 2015.

bazzi said:
We also have yet to receive anything yet. We are in the 2015 batch and received a notice in March 2015 that we had been included. I am in the same boat as you...hopefully they get back to us soon.

ishtera

Aug 16, 2016
Hi there! Has anybody heard anything from Poland processing office? I got a notification that my parent's application was sent there, but since then have not heard anything.

g1m

Jan 29, 2015
Is anybody aware if we ca use passport "photocopies" as ID proof from Medical exam. Trying to call the doctor/clinic but looks like they are done for the day.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
g1m said:
Is anybody aware if we ca use passport "photocopies" as ID proof from Medical exam. Trying to call the doctor/clinic but looks like they are done for the day.
I don't think so but you can try.
The panel physician takes it very seriously to verify the identity. Not only that, they provide an identity check sheet for each subsequent test the patient will go for.

g1m

Jan 29, 2015
Rossei said:
I don't think so but you can try.
The panel physician takes it very seriously to verify the identity. Not only that, they provide an identity check sheet for each subsequent test the patient will go for.
Apparently the photocopy is acceptable :D
Just got the confirmation from the Clinic.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
vnexpress said:
Where do you get this info on Singapore from? I want to know similar info on London office. Heard its a crazy busy office.