+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Hi When did you get the approval letter for your sponsorship and when did you get the medical is it come by email and which LVO (local visa office) they transfer your file.

thanks.
----------------------------------
lenium said:
Folks! My parents received their medical request forms!
Also the online status has a line added now saying they started processing the application May 17.
The sponsorship status hasn't changed at all!

Does anybody know how long it will take between medical and passport request?

Thanks

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
maulikpatel35 said:
GKS_2012
can you please let me know when did you get your approval for file and when did you get the letter for medical as my parents are coming to Canada this august.
Thanks.
I got the approval 1st week of this month and followed by medicals, rprf and pcc (a week after approval)...

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
maulikpatel35 said:
Hi When did you get the approval letter for your sponsorship and when did you get the medical is it come by email and which LVO (local visa office) they transfer your file.

thanks.
----------------------------------
maulikpatel35,

It comes by email in pdf format and the medicals, rprf and pcc in email format. Good luck.

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Thanks but if you don't mind than can you please confirm the date when you get the approval and date of medical email you go so I will keep an eyes on it.
Thanks a lot for quick replay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
gks_2012 said:
maulikpatel35,

It comes by email in pdf format and the medicals, rprf and pcc in email format. Good luck.

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Please ignore this mgs as I did not see your previous email.
Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------
maulikpatel35 said:
Thanks but if you don't mind than can you please confirm the date when you get the approval and date of medical email you go so I will keep an eyes on it.
Thanks a lot for quick replay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
You're on fast track although I never heard of filling out IMM5562 for PGP.

But a request for PCC and RPRF this early is mad crazy!!! Hope you can return the docs quick.
I didn't have the PCC ready, so it's going to take a week for me to get that done and translate it. Then have to ship it physically to Ankara.

but in general it should be done in 10 days I would say.

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Got an email this morning (May 26, 2016) from CIC that my sponsorship has been approved. Visa office is London

App Recv'd: Jan 2, 2015, 8:45 AM
AOR Date: 23-Mar-2015
PR Applicants: Mom+Dad+Dep

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
If your mum is in Canada then you could request passport to be sent to Ottawa for visa issue. You would need to explain that it is not permitted to post Indian passport in mail and that your mum is currently here in Canada.

However not to dampen your enthusiasm I would be very surprised if you get visa request before Aug most likely closer to end of year if not early next year from Delhi.

But heck 6 months ago if someone had said they were going to process 2015 cases, who would have believed that. So anything is possible.
Congrats!!

Completely agree SoonIHope. Good things are moving super fast on sponsorship approval :)

Wait till some folks from other years see these messages ;D ;D

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
MOONGS said:
Congrats!!

Completely agree SoonIHope. Good things are moving super fast on sponsorship approval :)

Wait till some folks from other years see these messages ;D ;D
Though they may be moving fast on SA. I still believe the PR visa granting will still on first come first serve basis. We need to appreciate the fact that they wont delay the whole line behind just to stick with the date order. Files that might need extra time to process will take their own courses while everything else can move along.

Its easy to judge that this isn't fair, but speaking of efficiency, this is the way to go.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Though they may be moving fast on SA. I still believe the PR visa granting will still on first come first serve basis. We need to appreciate the fact that they wont delay the whole line behind just to stick with the date order. Files that might need extra time to process will take their own courses while everything else can move along.

Its easy to judge that this isn't fair, but speaking of efficiency, this is the way to go.
Completely Agree to your point !!

Its easy to critisize. We should create a habit to appreciate else whats the point in immigrating to a country and not adopting its culture :)

Cheers,
Moongs

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Just love the speed at which CIC is progressing.

I am hoping in next few days we will also get the mail for police clearance certificate and medical. Just to be better prepared with police clearance certificate, I have few questions :

Do we need police clearance certificate for all the countries where my mother has stayed more than 6 months.. ? In my case my mother has stayed in US more than 6 months, even getting police clearance certificate from US takes 2 months. Also I am wondering if we need police clearance certificate from Canada also (will cic typically mention the countries when they send the letter or its our responsibility to give them PC of all the countries where we have stayed more than 6 months)

It will be great if someone can share their experience in getting the police clearance certificate from India sitting here in Canada(anywhere ouside New Delhi and Punjab area).

I just wanted to get ready without any delays.

Thanks,
Salil

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
gks_2012 said:
maulikpatel35,

lenium said:
I didn't have the PCC ready, so it's going to take a week for me to get that done and translate it. Then have to ship it physically to Ankara.

but in general it should be done in 10 days I would say.
Both you guys had same CC Charge Date (15-Jan-2015) and asked for same docs (PCC, IME & RPRF).

I hope you guys will update the SS accordingly.

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salil said:

I am hoping in next few days we will also get the mail for police clearance certificate and medical. Just to be better prepared with police clearance certificate, I have few questions :

Do we need police clearance certificate for all the countries where my mother has stayed more than 6 months.. ? In my case my mother has stayed in US more than 6 months, even getting police clearance certificate from US takes 2 months. Also I am wondering if we need police clearance certificate from Canada also (will cic typically mention the countries when they send the letter or its our responsibility to give them PC of all the countries where we have stayed more than 6 months)

Hi Salil,

Yes you would need PCC from eqch country where stay was 6 months or more. In my case, my parents have not stayed in US for nore than 6 months consecutively still they have been asked for FBI clearance so i would suggest you apply for FBI clearance Asap as the wait time for fbi clearance is around 13 to 15 weeks.

You dnt need PCC from Canada.

It will be great if someone can share their experience in getting the police clearance certificate from India sitting here in Canada(anywhere ouside New Delhi and Punjab area).

Thanks,
Salil

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
thanks very much @ MOONGS. I will get the process going for FBI Clearance

For FBI clearance certificate, did your mom had to get the fingerprints .. ? I am just wondering where can we get the fingerprints done and also on the application form they are asking for Social Insurance Number..not sure what to fill in that since she is just a visitor.

Salil

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
salil said:

Thanks,
Salil
Salil,

Use BLS services in canada http://www.blsindia-canada.com

It does all such kind of services and has offices all over major cities in canada. I did the same thing.. Good Luck