+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
GideonSword said:
Do I have to list deceased relatives of my mother I'm going to sponsor on form Additional Family Information (IMM5406)?
Yes, i listed them and in the address box I wrote Deceased.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
sylvia27 said:
[/quote
What about the marital Status box for deceased relatives. ..do we put "Not Applicable"?

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
If the supporting document e.g. Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate is already in English. Do you still need to get the photocopy certified. If i understand the instructions correctly, it only asks for certified copy in case the document is not in English/French.

In the Financial Evaluation Form, Q15, will the # of family members for each year be same based on the current # of members e.g. in 2013 the # of members are 6. But in 2012 it was 5 as i had a child in 2013. So do i mention 5 in 2012 and 2011 or 6.

Thanks

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
isha94 said:
sylvia27 said:
[/quote
What about the marital Status box for deceased relatives. ..do we put "Not Applicable"?
you can put whatever status they had before they died. If they were married, you put married, etc,...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
isha94 said:
sylvia27 said:
I wrote "Not applicable" as I did same in past on my mother's visa application.

Is PHOTOS of parent(s) required now?

Has anyone noticed the footnote right under the signature box on IMM0008?
IMPORTANT NOTE:
This application must be signed and dated before it is submitted.

Do not forget to include: photos, fees (if applicable), and any other documents required by the visa office. Review application guide and kit for more information and verify you have completed all of the required documents as per the documents checklist.

Is it still written because this form wasn't required at time of sponsorship application in past?

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Rossei said:

I wrote "Not applicable" as I did same in past on my mother's visa application.

Is PHOTOS of parent(s) required now?

Has anyone noticed the footnote right under the signature box on IMM0008?
IMPORTANT NOTE:
This application must be signed and dated before it is submitted.

Do not forget to include: photos, fees (if applicable), and any other documents required by the visa office. Review application guide and kit for more information and verify you have completed all of the required documents as per the documents checklist.

Is it still written because this form wasn't required at time of sponsorship application in past?
It is written because the form IMM0008 is not only used for parents sponsorship application but it's a general form that is filled for many other types of immigration. That's why they put if applicable depending if it's required for the specific immigration process you're applying for. But they're not required for Parents sponsorship, at least not at this stage.

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
The document checklist does not mention to submit photos anywhere. If it was needed it would say so e.g. if you look at the document checklist for visitor visa, it clearly says 2 photos and also mentions the specifications for it. So my understanding is you don't need to submit it now.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sylvia27 said:
It is written because the form IMM0008 is not only used for parents sponsorship application but it's a general form that is filled for many other types of immigration. That's why they put if applicable depending if it's required for the specific immigration process you're applying for. But they're not required for Parents sponsorship, at least not at this stage.
champ1 said:
The document checklist does not mention to submit photos anywhere. If it was needed it would say so e.g. if you look at the document checklist for visitor visa, it clearly says 2 photos and also mentions the specifications for it. So my understanding is you don't need to submit it now.
Thanks. I thought the same.

It's just the fear of application returned which would make one to wait another year to re-apply.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
I'm doing like this as a call centre agent said so:

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY - SPONSOR
From To Employer Name Address Phone No. Gross Income/Benefits Family Size
(YYYY-MM-DD) (YYYY-MM-DD) For Period
2013-01-01 Present XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xx,xxx 3
2012-01-01 2012-12-31 XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xx,xxx 3
2011-01-01 2011-12-31 XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xx,xxx 3

She understood my confusion and said CIC will understand what 'Present' means. If I put the income for 2014; then I will have to provide NOA for 2014. So, from 2013-01-01 to Present would indicate only the income of 2013. That was her explanation.

Coming to your question, you need to put 3 for all years.
Thank you very much Rossei!!

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rmust said:
If your current family size is 3 persons (you, dad, mom), then you must meet financial requirement of last 3 taxation years for 3 persons. This is regardless of the fact that your parents may be living in a different country and not with you.
I had called CIC to verify this information.
Thank you very much Rmust!

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I am sponsoring my parents.

Q1. We are four in family and 2 will be my parents altogether 6. So the low income for 2013 is $71,991. Do I add 30% to it or 30% included in low income. If we have to add 30% to low income that means it will be $93588.30? Am I correct.

I sponsored my parents in the beginning of this year application was received on Jan 21st/2014 but returned to me on Jan 29th/2014 stating that I missed to write payment amount in section B where you authorize Receiver General.

Q2. I am sponsor and my husband is co signing so should I do 2x$75=$150 (Sponsor and co sponsor fee) or only 1x$75=$75 (Sponsor fee), Principal applicant (my father) $475 and spouse (my mother) $550. All together will it be $1100 or $1175.

Please respond I am trying to get hold of agent for the last two days.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikary said:
I am sponsoring my parents.

Q1. We are four in family and 2 will be my parents altogether 6. So the low income for 2013 is $71,991. Do I add 30% to it or 30% included in low income. If we have to add 30% to low income that means it will be $93588.30? Am I correct.

I sponsored my parents in the beginning of this year application was received on Jan 21st/2014 but returned to me on Jan 29th/2014 stating that I missed to write payment amount in section B where you authorize Receiver General.

Q2. I am sponsor and my husband is co signing so should I do 2x$75=$150 (Sponsor and co sponsor fee) or only 1x$75=$75 (Sponsor fee), Principal applicant (my father) $475 and spouse (my mother) $550. All together will it be $1100 or $1175.

Please respond I am trying to get hold of agent for the last two days.
Can't answer your Q1, but I will try to answer your Q2> form IMM5770E offers you a table to calculate:
Sponsor 75
Applicant (your father) 475
Applicant's spouse or common law partner (your mother) 550

So it adds up to 1100. And I don't see in this table a fee for co-signer fee at all.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
OrangeCup said:
Can't answer your Q1, but I will try to answer your Q2> form IMM5770E offers you a table to calculate:
Sponsor 75
Applicant (your father) 475
Applicant's spouse or common law partner (your mother) 550

So it adds up to 1100. And I don't see in this table a fee for co-signer fee at all.
Thanks

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
Rossei said:
As I started to fill out the forms; I got stuck at few stuffs:

Financial Evaluation (IMM5768)
Q15 (Employment History):
Gross income/benefits for period and Family Size
Does it mean total income for 2011, 2012 and 2013? If I made $50K each taxation year; should I insert $150K in that box?
For family size; does it mean me and my wife for the taxation years? Or, I should include my mother as well since I'm sponsoring her? It's either 2 or 3 for me.

Q17 (Spouse's current situation):
My wife is unemployed. So, I want to describe her situation in the text box; but the box is not open to typing. Well, I use Adobe Acrobat X (v10). Has anyone faced such problem?

My wife is expecting and she is due in March, 2015. Does this anyhow affect determining family size? Should I just notify CIC when the baby gets born during the application? FYI, we're a family of 3 at present. Myself, my wife and my mother (whom I'm willing to sponsor).
I faced the same situation and cannot type in the text box for Q17