+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
ap_123 said:
Hi there,

I downloaded the forms for my parents sponsorship application (scheduled to re-open in February 2015) & noticed it has last 3 year's of NOA & income requirements on the forms.

These years are 2011, 2012 & 2013

I was going to use 2012, 2013 & 2014 (current year's NOA).

My Question : Does this mean If we don't have 2011 NOA, as I landed here in Canada in March 2012, I cannot even apply ??

Thanks,

AP.
You have to wait for 2016 reopen. Last year one application got returned because of lack of NOA 2010.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
My recalled package from Fedex which has original Option C arrived at my home today. Should I resubmit a "second app" with these original copies, with a cover letter that if they check the system and find no record of the first one (meaning it is rejected for any reason) then they should proceed with my 2nd submission. If they see that a file has been created then they can destroy or return the 2nd application.
I sent photocopies of Option C on my 1st application. Some people said that will be rejected :'(
I just want to be on safe side but unsure what I think and what I plan to do make any sense
Civic,

You seems to be in quite a pickle. Will the second application be rejected due to no original option C printout, one can only wait. It is possible that you may get in the cap but get concerned that once your application get opened and reviewed closer, it may get rejected on account that the option C is not original document. By then you may miss a year or 2 of sponsoring the parents.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
civic said:
My recalled package from Fedex which has original Option C arrived at my home today. Should I resubmit a "second app" with these original copies, with a cover letter that if they check the system and find no record of the first one (meaning it is rejected for any reason) then they should proceed with my 2nd submission. If they see that a file has been created then they can destroy or return the 2nd application.
I sent photocopies of Option C on my 1st application. Some people said that will be rejected :'(
I just want to be on safe side but unsure what I think and what I plan to do make any sense
I totally understand what you are feeling now. I missed the cap last year and finger crossed for this year.
Just relax. Don't make the thing too complex.

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
polaroffer said:
I totally understand what you are feeling now. I missed the cap last year and finger crossed for this year.
I agree with you, in my app, I only sent copies of NOA, I don't think they will reject it for this reason !

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
polaroffer said:
When did you mail your application last year? When did you mail it this time? Mine got delivered on the 5th..I am still a little worried because I am sure the cap will fill up faster this year. I didn't know the sponsoring parents was open last year.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
JL2015 said:
When did you mail your application last year? When did you mail it this time? Mine got delivered on the 5th..I am still a little worried because I am sure the cap will fill up faster this year. I didn't know the sponsoring parents was open last year.
Last year I wasted my time to wait for option C print outs. Later I learned even the copy printed from online were accepted too.
I would catch it up if I knew it.
So what can I say?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
u should have let the packet delivered. I did not find any 2014 case where incorrect certified cheque is reason to get the package back.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polaroffer said:
Last year I wasted my time to wait for option C print outs. Later I learned even the copy printed from online were accepted too.
I would catch it up if I knew it.
So what can I say?
Thats correct . Online NOA printed from CRA website is acceptable. My application was return last year due to 2010 NOA issue. But they mark my 2011, 2012 online NOAs as fine in their checklist

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polaroffer said:
So what should I do? Send the third time or not? :(

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhutti said:
u should have let the packet delivered. I did not find any 2014 case where incorrect certified cheque is reason to get the package back.
I am very a precautious guy and sometimes that hits me back. :-\

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
I am very a precautious guy and sometimes that hits me back. :-\
send it bro. Just RUN to Mississauga address and give it to local courier company at nearby location.
I still think local bank money order & bank drafts are fine with CIC. This reason they keep quite in listing them in payment form is as they do not want to deal with
foreign bank money order & bank drafts. From where or which account the source of funds come on local money order or draft is one second job for them to find if required.

moreover a online CRA NOA printout was better than simple photocopy of option C form. But I hope it is fine for you.

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
Has someone known how cic received our package if there is no required signature? I paid for required signature but canadapost said that there wasn't required signature on the file and the courrier delivered my package in mail room but there is no signature. That why I only see ''out for delivery'' since monday and no update until now. How angry I am :mad: Hope that cic will recognize that my package arrived on monday, 5th and no 6th or 7th....

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Adrielle said:
Has someone known how cic received our package if there is no required signature? I paid for required signature but canadapost said that there wasn't required signature on the file and the courrier delivered my package in mail room but there is no signature. That why I only see ''out for delivery'' since monday and no update until now. How angry I am :mad: Hope that cic will recognize that my package arrived on monday, 5th and no 6th or 7th....
We have same issue, paid for "required signature" but Canada post said it is up to CIC to provide one. My tracker was updated to "delivered" yesterday. I hope we made it.

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Bessy said:
We have same issue, paid for "required signature" but Canada post said it is up to CIC to provide one. My tracker was updated to "delivered" yesterday. I hope we made it.
Quite frustrating situations.

It seems the courier guys have challenges too. Its not just a simple delivery as it looks like. For instance, i called Fedex guys asking why my package was not delivery on the time it was promised and the answer was "The courier guy reached there on time i.e., Jan 02 at 7:30 AM and there are thousands of people gathered there to deliver several packages and it took 4-5 hours for them to just hand over the package to CIC guy in the Q".

Canada Post is definitely behind other services and i hope they better their services. Stay tuned to the results. Wish you all to get flying colours.

Action has just begun. Welcome to Canada Immigration. Lot more to follow up :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gks_2012 said:
Quite frustrating situations.

Canada Post is definitely behind other services and i hope they better their services. Stay tuned to the results. Wish you all to get flying colours.
While Canada Post is behind in the quality of service but they are not behind due to the circumstances of the situation whereby you basically got everyone sending huge parcels from all over Canada coming to one specific location all on the same day. It is like everyone sending a gift to Santa Clause on Christmas day instead.