N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Rob_TO said:
Technically it should be fine as long as it's received by CIC while it's within the 6 months validity.

Why are they asking for it now? Did you not include in the original application?
Not really sure since we included it with the original application, but I guess they want a new one along with certificate of entry/exit.

Does it matter if it has expired when they go to look at it, as long as it was submitted when it was actually valid? (i.e.: has a validity of 6 months, but when they look at it, it has been a month after the last valid date)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jalee5225 said:
Not really sure since we included it with the original application, but I guess they want a new one along with certificate of entry/exit.

Does it matter if it has expired when they go to look at it, as long as it was submitted when it was actually valid? (i.e.: has a validity of 6 months, but when they look at it, it has been a month after the last valid date)
As Rob_TO said, as long as it has validity when VO receive it, it should be fine.
think you would have 30 days to send requested docs to VO.
so I would send what you have now before it is expired .
If you are still worried about it, get a fresh one and send to VO after.

steveohan

Dec 3, 2014
Hi folks,

So as I posted a few pages back, my wife received her COPR in August.
We are leaving Korea next week and flying to Toronto.

We are shipping a bunch of stuff with a company called Pumex, so I'll be typing up a list of everything and printing it out for when we arrive at Pearson. I'll also be printing up the B4 Personal Effects document from the Canada Customs website.

I just wanted to see if there was anything else I needed to bring with me?
I'll also have a certificate issued by my company which proves I worked there for 2 years, as I had read that it was a good idea to show the customs guys that we've been gone for more than a year.

Anyway, any last minute tips for landing?

Thanks!

steveohan

Dec 3, 2014
Also, for the B4, would my wife and I fill out separate forms? Or do we group everything on one?
I ask because I would be classified as a former resident, and she would be classified as a settler, so would it not be misleading if we grouped everything together in one form?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
steveohan said:
Also, for the B4, would my wife and I fill out separate forms? Or do we group everything on one?
I ask because I would be classified as a former resident, and she would be classified as a settler, so would it not be misleading if we grouped everything together in one form?
Whne we arrived I just listed all the shipped goods as mine and had no problem, even though at least half of it belonged to my wife.

steveohan

Dec 3, 2014
Great, thank you!
How detailed was your list?

I'm being really detailed in some areas (electronics), but kind of unsure about others. Clothing for example- do I have to list every piece of clothing we are bringing? Or can I just write 'Clothing, 100 pieces' and then mark it with a value?
Same for books. Do I have to note titles, or can it be more broad?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
steveohan said:
Great, thank you!
How detailed was your list?

I'm being really detailed in some areas (electronics), but kind of unsure about others. Clothing for example- do I have to list every piece of clothing we are bringing? Or can I just write 'Clothing, 100 pieces' and then mark it with a value?
Same for books. Do I have to note titles, or can it be more broad?
The moving company that packed us up in Korea knew exactly what to do and prepared a list for us as they packed and sealed it all up. I just attached it as an appendix to the B4 form and CBSA was happy with that. You don't need to be very specific. A box of kitchen items was just described as "Kitchen Items". You should attach a ballpark value to it but again, no need to be that meticulous about the number.

A box of books should just be described as "Books". The CBSA agent who processed our B4 in Vancouver basically told me that when the goods arrive, they will take a cursory look at the boxes to see if they generally match up with your list. She said they are really looking for people trying to sneak in big ticket items like cars, etc. I'm not even sure they did that simple examination in our case. My guess is that they didn't even open the shipping container.

One thing to be careful of (we, and someone else in this thread, had this experience) is when your moving company asks if you mind if they throw "a few boxes" belonging to another customer, in with your shipment. Don't agree to that. The moving company is trying to skirt customs for someone else's goods. Don't let them talk you into that.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
So we had my wife's certificate of entry/exit and police records sent over to Manila the other day, and I guess we wait now. I guess we could say my timeline so far is:

Application sent: 5/1/15
Med: Sent with Application
Fees: Paid with Application
Sponsorship: Still waiting
Docs: Requested 10/08/15, sent 10/20/15
AOR: 10/05/15.

I noticed on the site that my status as sponsor is still undergoing assessment? Should I be concerned at this point, or is this standard?

dbtmalex

Jan 12, 2015
jalee5225 said:
So we had my wife's certificate of entry/exit and police records sent over to Manila the other day, and I guess we wait now. I guess we could say my timeline so far is:

Application sent: 5/1/15
Med: Sent with Application
Fees: Paid with Application
Sponsorship: Still waiting
Docs: Requested 10/08/15, sent 5/20/15
AOR: 10/05/15.

I noticed on the site that my status as sponsor is still undergoing assessment? Should I be concerned at this point, or is this standard?
Yah it is pretty bizarre I got a message in August that my sponsorship had been approved but the last update to "Sponsorship Application Status" is "We started processing your application on July 13, 2015."

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
dbtmalex said:
Yah it is pretty bizarre I got a message in August that my sponsorship had been approved but the last update to "Sponsorship Application Status" is "We started processing your application on July 13, 2015."
If they've notified you that you've been approved as sponsor and your file is in Manila, it probably means they just haven't updated it in ECAS.

buttersmom

Aug 21, 2015
Hi all

I'm a may 2015 applicant. I'm wondering about the processing time for South Korean applicant. I'm a sponsored person and live in Canada for 11 years with Student visa +Postgraduate working permit + Visitor (now). so I have no record in Korea for last 11 years .

A. Is it might be more time for VO getting my criminal + security checks from CSIS & RCMP ?

B. I heard Manilla VO is asking Appendix A even before they start processing the file. So I'm wondering how long other people take to get DM after requested their Appendix A?

This is my time line

Applicant received: May 20
Sponsorship Approved: july 14
File transffered to Manila:July 20
Appendix A requested: Aug 14 ( Sent it by Email the day requested)
Ip since Aug 14.

Thank u for ur time and looking forward to hear siniors!

dbtmalex

Jan 12, 2015
bartjones said:
If they've notified you that you've been approved as sponsor and your file is in Manila, it probably means they just haven't updated it in ECAS.
Actually it ended up at CPC Ottawa along with another person on the previous page. I emailed them in August to ask why this was and never received a response.

Another question, will there be any issues with my wife visiting Canada as a tourist for a month while our outland application is pending? She will still have a job in Korea and return ticket. What kind of questions should she expect at the airport?

Thanks in advance!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbtmalex said:
Actually it ended up at CPC Ottawa along with another person on the previous page. I emailed them in August to ask why this was and never received a response.

Another question, will there be any issues with my wife visiting Canada as a tourist for a month while our outland application is pending? She will still have a job in Korea and return ticket. What kind of questions should she expect at the airport?

Thanks in advance!
she should not have any problem at the airport.
she can tell CBSA to visit her husband. plus she would have return ticket.
make sure she has your number in case of CBSA would call you.