+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

lmkay88

Jan 16, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My husband received notice for his interview. They have requested the typical things such as passport, some more photos and recent communication. They have also requested proof of joint assets. We do not have any joint assets right now. We both rent our apartments and he isn't signed on the lease because of course he is isn't here. Same with the bank accounts, we would have one together but you cant sign up for a bank account without being present. Has any one had any issues with this in the past? Should we be worried that we cant provide something they has asked for or is it just a basic list?

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Hi, I have not been to this site in a while, but just wanted to say that my husband has the same way of thinking when it comes to money and trying to get me to change culturally, so I can really relate. He started out contributing a lot, but changed after...Since he has arrived (2014), it has been and still is very hard. I have growing anger for him as well...A lot of them promise up and down that woman are equal to men, but it just isn't so...Yes, the being together part is 3x harder than the sponsorship process. We are on the verge of separating...:(

Habibti said:
Hello Habeeb! Thank you for your nice reply. After the winter holidays, my husband started to get depressed and be very very homesick. It is around June my husband complained that life for him in Canada is difficult and stressful (the pace is too fast) and he has not come into terms with things he sees here in Canada... things that are against Islam... for example women dressed in a provocative way. After two years and a half, he is still disappointed it is not the way he imagined life in Canada.

He is leaving on September 18 for Morocco for a 2 months visit (it will be his first visit since he has landed). Over there he will reflect and ponder about his life in Canada and his marriage. Again it is around June he expressed the desire to be married to a Muslim woman. He married me (with the false hope) thinking I would convert to Islam eventually. He still loves me and always say I am a very good woman.

However, he has not been loyal and honest regarding money matters and it put me in a precarious financial situation. I have lots of anger towards him. I told him that if he does not come clean with me, repent and repair what he did and accept to disclose things to me from now on, he would have to get out of my life. I was shocked when he told me he would leave and divorce me as he has been unhappy for a long time.

The good news is that this weekend there has been some sort of breakthrough but we are still far from reconciliation as he is still stiff in his position regarding money matters. One thing I want to say to everybody here.... life together (adaptation, cultural clashes, etc.) is tougher than the appeal process. It has been so for my husband and for me. I really wish you all the best and may your suffering ends soon!!!

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
lmkay88 said:
Hi Everyone,

My husband received notice for his interview. They have requested the typical things such as passport, some more photos and recent communication. They have also requested proof of joint assets. We do not have any joint assets right now. We both rent our apartments and he isn't signed on the lease because of course he is isn't here. Same with the bank accounts, we would have one together but you cant sign up for a bank account without being present. Has any one had any issues with this in the past? Should we be worried that we cant provide something they has asked for or is it just a basic list?
I'm so sorry, I haven't been on here for a while and didn't see your message until now.

I would not worry about them asking you to bring proof of joint assets. If this comes up in the interview (which I doubt it will) your husband can say that it is something you have discussed, ie merging your finances etc but at this time it's just not possible as you reside in different countries. If the officer asks further just Have him tell the officer that you openly discuss your finances and share financial information between you. One question that may come up, they may ask your husband how much is your salary etc, make sure he knows this, and that the amount matches what you put in the financial evaluation form or letter from your employer.

Inshallah the interview will be ok, just make sure your husband is well prepared and knows a lot about you, your past etc. let me know if you have any other question or just want to talk, I know this is a nerve wrecking process.
Asia

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Aquarian said:
Hi, I have not been to this site in a while, but just wanted to say that my husband has the same way of thinking when it comes to money and trying to get me to change culturally, so I can really relate. He started out contributing a lot, but changed after...Since he has arrived (2014), it has been and still is very hard. I have growing anger for him as well...A lot of them promise up and down that woman are equal to men, but it just isn't so...Yes, the being together part is 3x harder than the sponsorship process. We are on the verge of separating...:(
I'm so sad to read this. I am sorry you're going through this hardship. Relationships are not easy especially if there are many cultural differences. But even without differences the statistics don't lie. For example in Morocco 1 out of 5 marriages (between Moroccan men and women) ends in divorce, 59% of divorce proceedings are initiated by women. When it comes to mixed marriages 1 out of 3 marriages end in divorce. By marrying, here or there or elsewhere in the world chances any marriage will end in divorce are very high.

hope you and the kids are ok. If you want someone to talk to, we are here for you. Hugs.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Aquarian said:
So sorry to hear this Aquarian. I can relate to you as my husband left me 10 days ago. I am in lots of pain. I told him we needed help and guidance, he needed to make more efforts and seek counselling (because since June 2015 I felt and he showed me he gave up on his marriage). It was that OR he had to leave. He chose to leave :(

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
dair2dv8103100 said:
habibti,

Nobody can make any decision for you...yes marriage is a serious commitment but marriage also means respecting the other person.... Oh man I am biting my tongue but I will say this....

All these things happened in a span of 15 days....DAYS.... How do you think 15 YEARS is going to look like? 15 years of snide remarks, hitting things, pouring things on you, making fun of you, hurting you deliberately ..er accidently?? :-\

If this is bothering you after 15 days......Are you willing to live the rest of your life with someone like that? Because you have to assume he will not change!! I am not saying people CAN'T change I am only saying that most of us know most people do not change. So if you are ok living with this kind of behaviour around your son and probably towards your son and definitely towards yourself then thats fine....again...it's your decision, you are an adult. But I hope you think long and hard about if and when he is kind and loving if it is for his own benefit and once he has what he wants he is off on a tangent again or if you believe that he is sincere in his kindness and this really is all just "stressed out" behaviour.

I am not going to compare men because everyone is different. But I think as a woman coming from Western society you know that pouring pop on someone is abusive and degrading. Hitting...whether it leaves a mark or not or whether it is a person or not is not acceptable, there are much better ways to deal with anger and frustration. And his "lesson" is what exactly?? To make you afraid of the person you are having the most intimate relationship of your life with??

Ask yourself these questions.... Are you ok with your son witnessing those things done to/around you? Are you ok knowing that your son will think this is acceptable behaviour from a man towards a woman? Are you ok with your husband treating your son this way?

OK I have to stop... I am NOT judging you. I am merely trying to give you something to think about. But please, PLEASE think about the long term...not just the present moment with the appeal and such.

You have my support no matter what. Just please take care of yourself first....you are all your son has.
You were so right, so damn right! (crying)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Habibti said:
So sorry to hear this Aquarian. I can relate to you as my husband left me 10 days ago. I am in lots of pain. I told him we needed help and guidance, he needed to make more efforts and seek counselling (because since June 2015 I felt and he showed me he gave up on his marriage). It was that OR he had to leave. He chose to leave :(
Habibti - I am so sorry to read this. I know how much you gave and gave up for this to work. I saw you had posted in this thread and was hoping it was a good news update. Anyway - I don't know what to say. I'm sorry and I wish you strength.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my dear habibiti
I am so very sorry to hear your news, my heart is broken. How can someone be so cold and uncaring to treat you this way after all you have sacrificed??? You deserve a prince who would kiss your feet (and mean it, not for some show). I don't care that sponsorship is hard and cultural differences make it harder there are just some things that a decent human being doesn't do to another human being.

How are you coping? How do you keep going? It is so so so hard to think what you must be going thru. I think about you every day and pray for you to received some kind of strength to get thru this awful time. You have the most beautiful spirit and I hope you come thru to the other side quickly and learn to love life again.

Aquarian I am so sad to hear your news also. It scares me to think it can happen to any one of us. We don't really know what we're in for until we start living together, and I think that goes for any marriage. I have my own serious ups and downs with my husband. I know how differently they think you are right they don't really truly understand equality between men and women and it's so deeply ingrained I don't think they even know it. I hope you two can make it work.

viiv

Feb 14, 2016
lmkay88 said:
Hi Everyone,

Hi Imkay88, when did you submit your application to Mississauga? What was your timeline like? Thanks.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
This place is sooooo quiet! What is going on ? Hope everyone is doing well and is in good health inshallah :-*
Very calm and quiet here, hubby is playing indoor soccer tonight and I'm home with the baby (she's still my little baby even though she's 15 months old now hhhh) and I just put her to bed.

Jennifer7777

Mar 12, 2016
Hello All,

I'm going to be married soon to my Moroccan finance and hope you can help me.

We didn't plan to have a formal wedding, just something with just 2 because our families cannot attend. Plus were both not into all big traditions.

Once we're married, we want to start the process from him to come to Canada, so I can also meet my entire family. He's meet my mom.

Do you know how the visa application process is taking, the CIC says 17 months. That is a long time to be living apart!

Also do you think they will give us problems for not having a bi formal wedding...

Thanks...Jennifer

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Jennifer7777 said:
Hello All,

I'm going to be married soon to my Moroccan finance and hope you can help me.

We didn't plan to have a formal wedding, just something with just 2 because our families cannot attend. Plus were both not into all big traditions.

Once we're married, we want to start the process from him to come to Canada, so I can also meet my entire family. He's meet my mom.

Do you know how the visa application process is taking, the CIC says 17 months. That is a long time to be living apart!

Also do you think they will give us problems for not having a bi formal wedding...

Thanks...Jennifer
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

yes, not having a big traditional wedding could be a big problem since your file will be processed in Rabat Morocco, and especially if it's coupled with other "red flags". Of course there are a few that got approved with no big wedding but in those cases likely they had a very long relationship, with many visits, time travelling together,, no big age difference, first marriage for both sponsor and applicant, same education level etc.

I'm not sure what the actual timelines are now in Rabat, but I'm sure it is not 17 months. When we applied in 2013 the processing times were listed at 12 months and we were approved in less than 5 months. I don't think that average processing in Rabat is longer than 12 months.

Jennifer7777

Mar 12, 2016
Thank you! Getting all the papers to get married has also been a crazy process. We're just waiting for the Adbul to call us now...hopefully this week.

We have a 13 year age difference, with me being older. We have known each other for almost 10 months and I'm actually living in Morocco. Waiting to get married, so we can start living together. This is my 3rd visit here and staying 3 months and then coming back again for 3 mor months.

The reason we didn't want to have a big wedding is its too expensive for my family to fly here from Canada. His parents also live at the bottom of Morocco and it would take almost a day for them to get here. It family is big and impossible for them to all come here. We were going to plan a wedding in Canada once he gets approved to come there and then visit his family to do something with them.

I'm hoping this wouldn't be a problem since we are still planning on doing something, but not right away.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Jennifer7777 said:
Thank you! Getting all the papers to get married has also been a crazy process. We're just waiting for the Adbul to call us now...hopefully this week.

We have a 13 year age difference, with me being older. We have known each other for almost 10 months and I'm actually living in Morocco. Waiting to get married, so we can start living together. This is my 3rd visit here and staying 3 months and then coming back again for 3 mor months.

The reason we didn't want to have a big wedding is its too expensive for my family to fly here from Canada. His parents also live at the bottom of Morocco and it would take almost a day for them to get here. It family is big and impossible for them to all come here. We were going to plan a wedding in Canada once he gets approved to come there and then visit his family to do something with them.

I'm hoping this wouldn't be a problem since we are still planning on doing something, but not right away.
This is just my opinion but if I were in your position I would absolutely have a traditional wedding in Morocco even if your family from canada doesn't come. I only had a few people from my side of family come to my wedding (they came from Europe so wasn't too expensive for them). My parents who are in canada did not attend our wedding due to my mom not being able to travel since she had heart surgery a few months before our wedding (I submitted her medical report to CIC so they knew that to be true and never questioned why my parents weren't there) but we did have a big wedding (100+ people) there with most of his family attending, even his aunts and cousins came from France for the wedding. In your case it is completely fine for financial reasons not to have your Canadian family attend. But I would advise you to have a wedding for 50+ people (his family) in Morocco before you submit sponsorship and advise that due to your family not being present due to financial constraints you are planning to have another wedding in Canada (get quotes for banquet halls here in Canada, quotes from DJ, photographer etc and submit as proof that your plan of having reception in Canada is real).

Age difference seems to be the biggest obstacle in a visa office in Morocco so with all said you really have to have a strong case to be approved. Your age difference will be a red flag but it also depends on your actual ages and other factors as to what his motivation is for marrying an older woman. For example if he is not educated and has no job/career prospect in Morocco may be counted against you. Also your past relationships may be examined. If you are divorced and have kids from prior relationships and he has never been married is also a red flag.

To know what the visa officers are looking at and why sponsorships are refused I would strongly suggest you go to CANLII site and search federal court case appeal under the immigration division. In the search function put in "Morocco marriage" and you can read actual appeals.

By the way I am so jealous you get to stay in Morocco for so long! Lol. We are supposed to go again this year but financially it is so expensive for us to travel with our baby plus since I had her My husband asked I don't go back to work full time so I only work part time from home Which city is your husband in? for now just enjoy your time and don't stress too much.

Reactions: Alicee

Zidan890

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Hope not
Help please

Bonjour,

La présente concerne votre demande de résidence permanente au Canada. Afin de poursuivre le traitement, Merci de nous envoyer les documents suivants.

- Paiement des droits d’établissement par votre garant au Canada

- Formulaire Annexe A dûment rempli sans aucune interruption dans les dates depuis vos 18 ans.

- Photo d’identité conforme format passeport (voir site internet)
- Plus de Photos du couple, en famille, en voyages de noces …

- Preuves de contact, Communication internet, transfert d’argent

Remarque :
Tous les documents doivent être accompagnés d’une traduction en français ou en anglais. Les documents notariés ne sont pas acceptés s’il vous est demandé de fournir des originaux.

Les renseignements/documents susmentionnés doivent parvenir à notre bureau dans les 30 jours suivant la date de la présente lettre, à défaut de quoi votre demande pourrait être refusée. N’oubliez pas d’indiquer votre numéro de demande complet dans votre correspondance et d’expédier celle‑ci (à l’ambassade à l’adresse indiquée ci‑dessous.

Ambassade du Canada
Service immigration
66, Av Mehdi Ben Barka, Rabat-Souissi
(BP.2040 Rabat-Ryad) Maroc 10000