File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Maybe this has been asked so forgive me but....

I know the first stop is to the Canadian Embassy to request the Capacite de Mariage...I also know it takes 48 hours....during that time can we go ahead and do the medicals and get the photos and such??

After we get the Capacite de Mariage what is the next stop?... the court house? the police? Can someone please just give me a simple 1 2 3 process as to what you did...some people have mentioned it only took 10 or 12 days...does that include weekends when nothing is open?

What papers will we need to go to the police in Morocco?

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe this has been asked so forgive me but....
dont worry i know its already in this form but people still likes to asking no probelme :)

I know the first stop is to the Canadian Embassy to request the Capacite de Mariage...I also know it takes 48 hours....during that time can we go ahead and do the medicals and get the photos and such??
yes u can go head do them madicals from local doctor. but which madicals are u refering to? madicals required for mariage? or for PR application immigration? they are two different things. u must wait 48 hours for embasy to give u capacite.but in there will it mentione about ur daugther? i am not sure...

After we get the Capacite de Mariage what is the next stop?... the court house? the police? Can someone please just give me a simple 1 2 3 process as to what you did...some people have mentioned it only took 10 or 12 days...does that include weekends when nothing is open?
when u get this capacite and natinality papers. u go straight to ministry foriegn affairs in rabat. its about 10 minute taxi drive. be careful with younge boys standing outside ministry offering u their service to speed up things. i was told by embasy that if the under cover police is wathcing and u giving them bribe to make process faster.u can be in trouble so do not make risk.
any how u get ur papers from embassy stamped ligalized next day. they close at 4 pm

What papers will we need to go to the police in Morocco?
u needs to taking with u RCMP police check. its better u also take the translated RCMP police check to big police station its called ministry of justice. its about 10 minute taxi drive from embassy canada.not even....dont forget to take ur candian passport.they keep it at the front desk and return when u exit out. this takes about 3 hours.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
joecreosta said:
yes u can go head do them madicals from local doctor. but which madicals are u refering to? madicals required for mariage? or for PR application immigration? they are two different things. u must wait 48 hours for embasy to give u capacite.but in there will it mentione about ur daugther? i am not sure...

when u get this capacite and natinality papers. u go straight to ministry foriegn affairs in rabat. its about 10 minute taxi drive. be careful with younge boys standing outside ministry offering u their service to speed up things. i was told by embasy that if the under cover police is wathcing and u giving them bribe to make process faster.u can be in trouble so do not make risk.
any how u get ur papers from embassy stamped ligalized next day. they close at 4 pm
Thank you

It is the medical for marriage...I understand the medical for immigration is different and we are planning to get the list of dr's when I pick up the capacite de mariage at the embassy.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
Thank you

It is the medical for marriage...I understand the medical for immigration is different and we are planning to get the list of dr's when I pick up the capacite de mariage at the embassy.
embassy will not give u list of dactors.this list is aviable on CIC website and up to date

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the link to the DMPs in Morocco. Print this and take it with you. Your husband will require an appointment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1949&CountryName=Morocco

Your husband can complete his medical for marriage before you arrive in Morocco. Actually, he could complete both but keep in mind that the medical for immigration has an expiry date. It was one of the last things we did to prolong the date and we still ended up needing another one. While waiting for the Capacite from the Consulate, you could get your police clearance from the Department of Justice. You could also work on getting the necessary documents translated.

In our case, the Capacite was ready to pick up from the Consulate in the afternoon. By that time it was too late to go to the Department of Foreign Affairs. This place is extremely busy and more than a little crazy. You need to arrive early in the morning and line up. There are two lines, one for men, one for women. There's lots of pushing and que jumping so be prepared to be just as aggressive as the Moroccan women. Your husband is not allowed to wait in the line with you. Mine would come over and chat with me from time to time and bring me drinks but the women around me would only tolerate him for so long before they told him to go away. LOL! It's truly an "experience" you won't forget! Anyway, you bring the Capacite in, give it to them and they give you a number and tell you to come back at a certain time after lunch to pick it up. Again, more line ups in the afternoon but even less organized if that is even possible. We had to wait another hour after the time they told us before we could get in. When you do, you go up to a room where everyone sits and they announce numbers in Arabic and French. When your number is called, you go up to the desk and pay for your stamps. They speak quickly so I held my number out in front of me so the women around me could see it and nudge me when they saw I had the number being called.

That place was crazy! It's funny now but I was not having fun when I went through it! However, like Joe said, ignore the guys who say they can get it faster for you. Everyone has to do the same thing so they really can't do anything for you.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
now u guys see why it will help if some1 posts pictures from outside of thise places so its easy for new women going to marry moroco mens help them location.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
rjessome said:
Here is the link to the DMPs in Morocco. Print this and take it with you. Your husband will require an appointment.

Your husband can complete his medical for marriage before you arrive in Morocco. Actually, he could complete both but keep in mind that the medical for immigration has an expiry date. It was one of the last things we did to prolong the date and we still ended up needing another one. While waiting for the Capacite from the Consulate, you could get your police clearance from the Department of Justice. You could also work on getting the necessary documents translated.

In our case, the Capacite was ready to pick up from the Consulate in the afternoon. By that time it was too late to go to the Department of Foreign Affairs. This place is extremely busy and more than a little crazy. You need to arrive early in the morning and line up. There are two lines, one for men, one for women. There's lots of pushing and que jumping so be prepared to be just as aggressive as the Moroccan women. Your husband is not allowed to wait in the line with you. Mine would come over and chat with me from time to time and bring me drinks but the women around me would only tolerate him for so long before they told him to go away. LOL! It's truly an "experience" you won't forget! Anyway, you bring the Capacite in, give it to them and they give you a number and tell you to come back at a certain time after lunch to pick it up. Again, more line ups in the afternoon but even less organized if that is even possible. We had to wait another hour after the time they told us before we could get in. When you do, you go up to a room where everyone sits and they announce numbers in Arabic and French. When your number is called, you go up to the desk and pay for your stamps. They speak quickly so I held my number out in front of me so the women around me could see it and nudge me when they saw I had the number being called.

That place was crazy! It's funny now but I was not having fun when I went through it! However, like Joe said, ignore the guys who say they can get it faster for you. Everyone has to do the same thing so they really can't do anything for you.
this has come up before not my experience at all hubby went on his own

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lois Lane said:
this has come up before not my experience at all hubby went on his own
they change the rules now.if documents did not belonging to u.then u cannot going in.they see the names on document and picture ids.if they dont matching then ur out.i was kicked out from line because i try take my wifes paper for legalisation lol.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rjessome said:

UGH...I take anti-anxiety medication as it is .... this is really NOT good news for me :-\

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
joecreosta said:
they change the rules now.if documents did not belonging to u.then u cannot going in.they see the names on document and picture ids.if they dont matching then ur out.i was kicked out from line because i try take my wifes paper for legalisation lol.
as i said this has come up before....three years ago two years ago and last year, there were some that did have to wait in lines and others didn't, who had applied within the same year...not sure if the rule has changed, or if the number of people lined up causes them to restrict the number who enter

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
UGH...I take anti-anxiety medication as it is .... this is really NOT good news for me :-\
Don't stress about it. It's not really difficult, just strange. And I went in the summer when it was really busy. I know a couple of other people who went in winter and spring and it wasn't a big deal for them at all. The line ups weren't as long so the waits were shorter.

Lois, I've seen you mention this before but since then, I've never seen anyone who's spouses were able to do this piece for them. I was married a little over 2 years ago and the others I know were married within the last 12 to 18 months and they had to do it themselves as well. I think you were married before us so a rule change seems likely. But in any event, January will probably be a much less busy time than July was.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I did the process 3 years ago, and I also had to take my own documents for processing. You need to be there really early in the morning,there were a lot of people at that time in the month of september.

Good luck with everything

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
I got married july 2007 I didn't have to. A member of an other forum got married sept 2008 suzanne she didn't have to and tanya who does peak into this forum was married dec 2009
She didn't either.tanya had to get the family book I didn't neither did suzanne.but best be prepared.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Lois Lane said:
I got married july 2007 I didn't have to. A member of an other forum got married sept 2008 suzanne she didn't have to and tanya who does peak into this forum was married dec 2009
She didn't either.tanya had to get the family book I didn't neither did suzanne.but best be prepared.
Family book ??? What is that?