+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reason i ask becuase some people are like more visual than others.people who never before go to rabat or morocoo sometimes wonder what places might look like.so having picture can give u rough picture what to expect.

for examplle when i went there i was totaly lost and confuse.if someone had posted pictures it would be easy for me. so i am trying to help people out there like minded.

like i said do not have to post pictures if ur in there. no need to see that.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heatherusa said:
I am not trying to stir anything up here....

I am genuinely interested... For what reason would you need/want to see pictures of those buildings?

I cant be the only one wondering why.

I remember when we got married we took pictures in Las Vegas of us getting our marriage certificate at the country clerks office but we were in the pictures. Any of those places I would only take a picture of if we were in it and to remember...
Haha! It does seem like a strange question but for Morocco, it isn't! When I first started going there, I would try to get the typical street addresses for everything. This was way before marriage was even a twinkle in my mind. I was trying to give the addresses to taxi drivers to get me to different places. I learned quickly that they use landmarks rather than building numbers in Morocco. It was totally confusing to me but that's how it's done. For example, I did some work there and every morning, going from my apartment to the office, I would have to tell the taxi driver that it was near the fire station on a certain street. Even renting apartments before I arrived, I quickly learned that I needed to know the landmark to tell the taxi driver how to get me there from the airport. So rather than saying 1234 Main Street, I would say behind the Hotel Diwan on ____ Street and then the name of the building (as most of them have names). Another friend of mine who works in Qatar says it's exactly the same way there so maybe it's an Arab thing or the case of very old cities with less established grid structures the way we have in Canada and America. So pictures of buildings could help in this situation. However, the taxi drivers all over Morocco are like human atlases so if you tell them what you are doing and what you need, they normally know the way when it comes to the marriage business, especially in places like Rabat where many things need to be done.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks RJsomee.that is exactly what i mean.
ther are no street names or house numbers.u only tell him the name of mosque or landmark and they bring u there.
i found a couple of pictures. i will post them here. but does anyone knows how to upload pictures on this form?

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
Hi All,

Has anybody visited the US with their Morccan spouse while they were still a Permanent Resident?

I ask b/c I am interested in visiting the US with my wife and I found a links to the US consulate in Toronto but just hoping to find somebody who already went through the process and had any success

Thanks

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FamilyMan said:
Hi All,

Has anybody visited the US with their Morccan spouse while they were still a Permanent Resident?

I ask b/c I am interested in visiting the US with my wife and I found a links to the US consulate in Toronto but just hoping to find somebody who already went through the process and had any success

Thanks
yes this is a normal thingi.but she needs to take her papers permament resirdent card and her morocan passport and ur mariage certificate and u go to. decision takes about 2 weeks only its quick.

but u make sure she has a permament resident card before she goes usa. because the visa permament residence entry she received at the canadian airport is only single entry PR.
so lets say if u guys are driving back to canada.she has to show her new PR card...not papers

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
joecreosta said:
yes this is a normal thingi.but she needs to take her papers permament resirdent card and her morocan passport and ur mariage certificate and u go to. decision takes about 2 weeks only its quick.

but u make sure she has a permament resident card before she goes usa. because the visa permament residence entry she received at the canadian airport is only single entry PR.
so lets say if u guys are driving back to canada.she has to show her new PR card...not papers
So I got to the US Consulate in Toronto to apply? Can I apply online? Thanks for the info. we are still waiting for the PR card to come in.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FamilyMan said:
So I got to the US Consulate in Toronto to apply? Can I apply online? Thanks for the info. we are still waiting for the PR card to come in.
yes brother pls waiting for the PR card before it arrives.then make travel plans.back in 1990's up until 2003 u could use ur permament residence PAPERS to come in and out of canada.but rules changed in 2004 becasuse lots people abusing the system and selling papers to people.

yes the usa consulate is in downtown toronto on university avenue.

================================================
360 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4 CANADA
P.O. Box 135, Lewiston NY 14092-0135 USA
Entry for all Visa and American Citizen Services (ACS) is at 225 Simcoe Street, NOT 360 University Avenue. U.S. Consulate Toronto consular work hours are Monday – Friday; visa and ACS are closed on both Canadian/U.S. holidays and weekends.
Visas are by appointment only, available at www.nvars.com.
================================================

visas are only by appointment. so u and she need to go there personally.

americans are smart. they did not give a 1-800 number. instead they use pay per minute 1-900 line to rip people off

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FamilyMan said:
There is no online application. Download the one from the US Consulate site. Pay the fee as directed. Then make an appointment. As joe said, she will need to have the PR card and you should also have a travel plan. They want to know the purpose of your travel, where you plan to stay and as much proof as you can provide such as itineraries, hotel reservations, etc. You get the idea. Also, she has to show ties to Canada so if your wife has a job, provide copies of her pay stubs and even bank statements. If she doesn't have a job, you should write a letter stating you are her husband and support her financially and provide copies of your paystubs, bank statements, etc. You will NOT be allowed to go into the interview with her. She WILL be interviewed. All of this may be overkill but I believe it's better to be over prepared than under!

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
There is no online application. Download the one from the US Consulate site. Pay the fee as directed. Then make an appointment. As joe said, she will need to have the PR card and you should also have a travel plan. They want to know the purpose of your travel, where you plan to stay and as much proof as you can provide such as itineraries, hotel reservations, etc. You get the idea. Also, she has to show ties to Canada so if your wife has a job, provide copies of her pay stubs and even bank statements. If she doesn't have a job, you should write a letter stating you are her husband and support her financially and provide copies of your paystubs, bank statements, etc. You will NOT be allowed to go into the interview with her. She WILL be interviewed. All of this may be overkill but I believe it's better to be over prepared than under!
exactly.i know this because my female cousin had same situation.they did exactly what u describe here. this is like a whole immigration like processe again lol but a smaller one lol.
u make sure u write letters from teh person who ur going to visit. tell him or her to send u a letter of invitation if ur going to see ur friends or family.. tell them to write something like we r inviting out friend and his wife for a christmas break or october long weekend to attend our daugthers birthday or i dunno something long those lines.

but u have to wait before anything before she received her PR cardbecause at USA Consulate they wanna see PR card too.
she will have a face to face interview with an american boy immigration officer. they will ask her asame quetions...WHY WHERE WHEN HOW....make sure u send copy of ur mariage certificate too so they knows ur married with her and a letter saying she is my wife and she works here .... or wherever...for example if she working at timhortons get letter from epmployer that she taking vacation for 10 days whatever.
but if she dont workign now. u write a letter say that she my wife and she a house wife and u responsbile for her.
but incha allah it will be good. they give visa for 5 years with multiple entries.

good luck my brother and ramadan kareim and happy eiid mobrk

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
I have a lot of family in the US but I have a cousin in Chicago that I visit at least twice a year but thats all changed now since I am no longer single.

I will get him to write about asking to come down for US long weekend. My wife doesnt work though Tim Hortons would not be a bad idea - great coffee and hopefully they would have spousal perks ;)

Rjessome, Yusuf - thanks for the information - that's exactly what I needed to know

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FamilyMan said:
I have a lot of family in the US but I have a cousin in Chicago that I visit at least twice a year but thats all changed now since I am no longer single.

I will get him to write about asking to come down for US long weekend. My wife doesnt work though Tim Hortons would not be a bad idea - great coffee and hopefully they would have spousal perks ;)

Rjessome, Yusuf - thanks for the information - that's exactly what I needed to know
no problem bro.anytimes.
sorry if timhortons offend u.i was just giving example.
spusals persks i dunoo.im sure u can get those too but only night shifts when manager is not working lol
this timhortons in northyork i sometimes go with budidies. this girl works there night shift we go every weekend.notw friends we're. she gives us free left over tim bits lolbut we pay for coffee sure

yes get ur cousin to write a letter and make sure he SIGNS it with blue ink and sends u the original letter.
usa conculate takes only 10 to 15 business days.so about 2 weeks within ur wife incha allah will receivign her visa for america.

how is ramadan?ur ramadan was in moroco. i remember my ramadan in moroco was beautiful i everyday going to masjid for tarawih

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
rjessome said:
There is no online application. Download the one from the US Consulate site. Pay the fee as directed. Then make an appointment. As joe said, she will need to have the PR card and you should also have a travel plan. They want to know the purpose of your travel, where you plan to stay and as much proof as you can provide such as itineraries, hotel reservations, etc. You get the idea. Also, she has to show ties to Canada so if your wife has a job, provide copies ofe her pay stubs and even bank statements. If she doesn't have a job, you should write a letter stating you are her husband and support her financially and provide copies of your paystubs, bank statements, etc. You will NOT be allowed to go into the interview with her. She WILL be interviewed. All of this may be overkill but I believe it's better to be over prepared than under!
not over kill those are the exact requierments to ensure visa is issued

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
also American embassy book their appointments six weeks in advance,so depends on when u plan to go,you should probably check it out at nvars.com.there is a fee to use the online service,i believe it's $8.50 canadian.not to put a damper on your plans or anything,but i heard that lately they have been telling people that recently became PR that they have to be physically in canada for at least 1 year for them to approve us visa, this is not my experience,but someone else mentioned it.like with anything else,you never know what the officer's mood will be that day,nothing ventured,nothing gained.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sierra_rose said:
also American embassy book their appointments six weeks in advance,so depends on when u plan to go,you should probably check it out at nvars.com.there is a fee to use the online service,i believe it's $8.50 canadian.not to put a damper on your plans or anything,but i heard that lately they have been telling people that recently became PR that they have to be physically in canada for at least 1 year for them to approve us visa, this is not my experience,but someone else mentioned it.like with anything else,you never know what the officer's mood will be that day,nothing ventured,nothing gained.
I heard that rumor too about the 1 year but I know for a fact that it isn't true. It could be they were reluctant to believe the ties to Canada of this person and wanted to see some longevity in Canada. But like with CIC, each application is treated individually so there isn't a hard a fast rule for this.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lois Lane said:
not over kill those are the exact requierments to ensure visa is issued
actually now u can fill application online.then print.and then book apointment and then come to see consulate visa officer in toronto. this form called DS-106 ur wife has to fill