Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
December 5/2013 alham dulillah
yogalotus said:

Hi Goatlove,

Thank you so much for responding as well :) I am soo happy to met you :) It's soo nice to talk to someone in the same position as me and our timelines are the same too. I have a good feeling that I will hear something soon...maybe we will get news soon that they don't need an interview and just for them to bring their passports to get their visa's!!! :) Atleast I know that there are others in the same position that haven't heard anything becuz sometimes I worry why its taking soo long and I hope my file hasn't been misplaced or something :p If your husband needs an interview do u plan to attend with him? my lawyer said that if I can attend it looks really good that I am there to support my husband.

We are soo lucky that Morocco is one of the countries that takes the least amount of time to process PR's :) Everything happens in the perfect time, so far everything has fallen into place for us and I believe that our destiny will continue to work for us :) Best of luck to you too Goatlove :)
It would be amazing if they dont need an interview. most applicants get interviewed but ive read a few that haven't.. usually when they're both moroccans tho lol.

an interview is almost guaranteed if there are:
cultural and religion differences, big age differences, previously married, kids involved, language differences(can't communicate well in one language), if the sponsors education is a lot higher than the principal applicant.. or if they see the sponsor is sending the principal applicant large sums of money continuously, if the principal applicant has a travel history outside the country, etc...

if my husband is required to have an interview, I don't think I'll be attending but thats great if you're planning on doing so inshaAllah!
I am also a strong believer that everything happens at the perfect time and everything happens for a reason for sure ;D

I hope you were able to find a good lawyer who aint tryna empty your bank account ;D
my cousin was seeking a lawyer to help out with her application and asked for 2000$ ! just to help fill out the forms :eek:

thanks for your wishes! best of luck to you and everybody also ;)

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
goatlove said:
I hope you were able to find a good lawyer who aint tryna empty your bank account ;D
my cousin was seeking a lawyer to help out with her application and asked for 2000$ ! just to help fill out the forms :eek:
i have a friend who is sponsoring her husband from Tunisia who has gone through a lawyer ... she paid $2500 ...she did show me the agreement ... but as far as i could see there was nothing extra the lawyer could do for her, even on the agreement it said that they cannot guarantee a successful application ... lol

in the end, her husband was more comfortable to use a lawyer ... and knowing how fast Paris moves, i wouldn't be surprised if her husband gets his visa before us :mad: ;D lol

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Goatlove .... did your cousin marry a Moroccan too? :p ;D lol

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
jamali said:
i have a friend who is sponsoring her husband from Tunisia who has gone through a lawyer ... she paid $2500 ...she did show me the agreement ... but as far as i could see there was nothing extra the lawyer could do for her, even on the agreement it said that they cannot guarantee a successful application ... lol

in the end, her husband was more comfortable to use a lawyer ... and knowing how fast Paris moves, i wouldn't be surprised if her husband gets his visa before us :mad: ;D lol
2500?! :eek:
aaaaaaaahhhhhh ???
I mean whoever hires the lawyer and feels a sense of comfort and security doing so is good but damn! thats more than enough for another round trip flight lol.
yea, lawyer can't really make much of a difference asides from assuring the application is complete. if one was to appeal, then i can see how having a lawyer could be very beneficial though.

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
jamali said:
Goatlove .... did your cousin marry a Moroccan too? :p ;D lol
no but my uncle married a moroccan lol.
I have 3 half moroccan cousins now :p

my cousin is sponsoring her husband from Ethiopia.. so dealing with nairobi.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
goatlove said:
2500?! :eek:
aaaaaaaahhhhhh ???
I mean whoever hires the lawyer and feels a sense of comfort and security doing so is good but damn! thats more than enough for another round trip flight lol.
yea, lawyer can't really make much of a difference asides from assuring the application is complete. if one was to appeal, then i can see how having a lawyer could be very beneficial though.
that's what i told her ... "if you need a lawyer, save it for the appeal" ... because they do have a lot of red flags .. age difference being the biggest one 8) but her husband was more comfortable this way ... so all the more to them ;D

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
goatlove said:
no but my uncle married a moroccan lol.
I have 3 half moroccan cousins now :p

my cousin is sponsoring her husband from Ethiopia.. so dealing with nairobi.
so you already have ties to Morocco ... that's great really ... good on you ;D lol

yogalotus

Oct 4, 2013
jamali said:
it's the GMSC notes ... they are notes that they make regarding your file. Even if they didn't update e-cas yet, they may contain information regarding where your file is in the process, or made notes about other things such as your pics, your proof, etc. etc. ... it may not say much but it might give you a better idea as to which stage your file is in.

so yes, hopefully the notes do tell you how your application is going ;D
Wow so u just send an email asking them for the GMSC notes? does it cost anything? maybe i'll email my lawyer and get him to look into that. How long does it take before u get the notes?

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
WOW it's great to see this section of the forum busy again! :D

Some have asked about the length of time it takes. We applied in April 2011, I was approved in May, file transferred in June and finally the visa was approved March 2012. The only reason why a 2nd interview was requested is because hubby forgot to fill in one date. 2nd meds were done because the first had expired. Our file was huge! We had 4 years of chats (msn, skype, yahoo msger), emails, e-cards, pictures from visits/wedding, we even photo copied the airline tickets etc. Keep in mind during our timeline nothing was sent via internet other then correspondence with Rabat visa office. The file I sent was 5.5" high lol We also had the help of our MultiCulture Centre to go over everything before it was shipped out. Hubby was shocked when he picked up his visa because they gave him back the entire file...well they do keep a couple of info pages etc. We now have a book of our life before he arrived.

I noticed some have mentioned attending the interview with their husbands. Unfortunately they do not allow this. Don't know why.

It's such a long process but oh when the VO calls your hubby to tell him to pick up his visa what a feeling!! I wish all of you a speedy process and beautiful news soon. :-*

If you have questions just ask. I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
yogalotus said:

Wow so u just send an email asking them for the GMSC notes? does it cost anything? maybe i'll email my lawyer and get him to look into that. How long does it take before u get the notes?

you have to send in a request along with a consent form that your husband has to sign ... they will accept a scanned document, so have your husband print it out and sign it then scan it to you ... then you sign it and scan it to submit it ... it costs $5 and takes about 30 days

I ordered mine September 7th but since it was a weekend it was technically on September 9th, so hopefully i'll receive mine on Wednesday insha'Allah ;D

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
FatimZahra said:
WOW it's great to see this section of the forum busy again! :D

Some have asked about the length of time it takes. We applied in April 2011, I was approved in May, file transferred in June and finally the visa was approved March 2012. The only reason why a 2nd interview was requested is because hubby forgot to fill in one date. 2nd meds were done because the first had expired. Our file was huge! We had 4 years of chats (msn, skype, yahoo msger), emails, e-cards, pictures from visits/wedding, we even photo copied the airline tickets etc. Keep in mind during our timeline nothing was sent via internet other then correspondence with Rabat visa office. The file I sent was 5.5" high lol We also had the help of our MultiCulture Centre to go over everything before it was shipped out. Hubby was shocked when he picked up his visa because they gave him back the entire file...well they do keep a couple of info pages etc. We now have a book of our life before he arrived.

I noticed some have mentioned attending the interview with their husbands. Unfortunately they do not allow this. Don't know why.

It's such a long process but oh when the VO calls your hubby to tell him to pick up his visa what a feeling!! I wish all of you a speedy process and beautiful news soon. :-*

If you have questions just ask. I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.
yes it is great to see this forum busy again, it was so quiet for awhile ... i'm so glad to have the company on here ... lol

our file was huge too, it was a box really ;D since i met my husband in 2009 and visited Morocco 4 times (at the time of our application) we did have a lot of chats, screen shots, pictures, receipts from our travels .. it was a lot really, but better safe than sorry ;D

When your husband had his interview? How did he feel it went? Was it a long interview?

I'm hoping to hear something soon, but in the meantime i'm waiting for my GMSC notes, so hopefully they will give some additional information because my e-cas has never been updated 8)

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
Aquarian said:
I hope so...my boys are waiting to meet him in person and be a family - and not just on Skype, lol!

Thank you...xox
My son and daughter want him here also. They already call him daddy. He has been more of a dad then there biological father. They already have the sign ready for the airport...lol.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
jamali said:
Also, you seem to have the same timeline as Goatlove ... she's been silent these past few days but she'll be around soon i'm sure ;D lol
It is a hard thing to wait but we all support each other here. We have been very good for each other. And no one knows the strength of your love to your husband as we do here. Love does not see distance.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Terry73 said:
My son and daughter want him here also. They already call him daddy. He has been more of a dad then there biological father. They already have the sign ready for the airport...lol.
awwww they already have their sign ready ... that is so sweet ... lol

Terry73 said:
It is a hard thing to wait but we all support each other here. We have been very good for each other. And no one knows the strength of your love to your husband as we do here. Love does not see distance.
yes you're right and i'm very glad to have this forum ... because everyone can understand what we're going through ... love knows no distance indeed :)

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
jamali said:
awwww they already have their sign ready ... that is so sweet ... lol

yes you're right and i'm very glad to have this forum ... because everyone can understand what we're going through ... love knows no distance indeed :)
Yup and they worked on it a lot. I am surprised they have not showed him on Skype yet.