+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
ihatewaiting-- i just realized you say your wife called to tell you the news just today. did the embassy call today and ask her to come in for the interview just one week from today? so the notice was just one week?

Ihatewaiting

Oct 29, 2007
geetings brothers & sisters in'waiting',
thank you all for your congrats & I sincerely hope you hear something asap.
waiting1 neighbour, yes the notice for the interview was by phone yesterday wednesday around 3:00 pm morocco time. I, myself was surprised as i was looking at that notice to happen sometime around the end of the month, well I was hoping anyway. So it practicall took five months less a week. My greatest surprise is the interview is scheduled for Thur Nov 22 @ 8:00 am. I couldn't have asked for better news.
They asked her for birth certificates, pics from the wedding ceremony, pics from any trips we did together, print outs from our chats, phone bills if there was communications by phone, what she's been doing since we first got engaged in oct 06. She did mention to the lady that called that she had text messaging but the lady declined by saying they are not authorized to check ppls phones!!
Anyway I 've just got to get her ready & hopefully we could spend the new year together.
I will keep you all posted about the interview & how it went.

Goodluck to all.

hibiscus

Jun 22, 2007
Hi everybody .
Yassmina , thank you very much for your pray and for your support , yes soon we will get the good news so finish with this wait.
Waiting1 , according my knowledge , the embassy call for interview and send an email says what you need for this interview.
i hope everything will be good for all.........good luck...........hibiscus.

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Ihatewaiting again congrats but i got a question
did u guys sent all the pics and chats emails phone bills with the aplication ? before?
For my aplication all that information i sent already
I hope to god they dont re ask us for another copy all of it.
that would mean i got to re print avrything again and send to my husband
I got lots of duplicates already but hummmmmmm
yasmina

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Don't worry Isabelle - this is standard procedure for the interview. They want to see that your husband has the same or similar information that you sent in the application and that communication (i.e. your relationship) has continued since you sent your application.

I sent a copy of the entire application to my husband after I sent it to CIC - so he took his copies and some recent communication and copies of photos. Remember - they may be convinced of your commitment to the relationship - but the interview is when your husband convinces Immigration that he has genuine feelings for you (and so the relationship is genuine).

After the interview at the Embassy they returned everything he brought with him - including all the original copies of communications and photos that you Iwith the application at the beginning.

Hope this helps,

Tracy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
sorry - my last sentence was mixed up... it should have said "including all the original copies of communications and photos that I sent with the application at the beginning.

Tracy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Isabelle - do either of you save your skype or msn conversations? You can make pdfs of these and email them to your husband or if he saves them he can print some off. You only need a few to show your relationship has continued. Do you have any photos that are digital? You could email them to him and he could print them off somehow...

If he uses Skype to call you on your phone (pays for long distance), you can get monthly skype long distance history from his skype account.

Another idea is to take digital photos of your computer screen if you have a list of msn conversations (in conversation history) with your husband (i couldn't figure out how to print or pdf the list so I took photos of my computer screen showing how we msned each other almost every day).

If he doesn't have photos to take to the interview - he just needs to have a good explaination why. The main thing is for him to show evidence that you're still in a relationship and for him to be genuine and convey how he loves you and how your relationship developed.

Hope this helps,

Tracy

Ihatewaiting

Oct 29, 2007
Yasmina/isabelle said:
Ihatewaiting again congrats but i got a question
did u guys sent all the pics and chats emails phone bills with the aplication ? before?
For my aplication all that information i sent already
I hope to god they dont re ask us for another copy all of it.
that would mean i got to re print avrything again and send to my husband
I got lots of duplicates already but hummmmmmm
yasmina
Hi Yasmina/isabelle,
Re pics, chats, emails, phone bills etc...In the original application we included pics from our wedding only. But as I did go back to Morocco last August & we travelled for a week together, my wife is going to submit those pics also.
As for the chat, unfortunately we only do voice chat & I don't think there is any way, as far as I know, of getting a proof of that.
The phone bills I can't submit any bills as I always use pre-paid phone cards to talk to her. My wife suggested the text messages we exchanged for the last 14 months but I guess that is not acceptable as they mentioned to her(something to do with privacy).

All in all, now that they called her for an interview I believe the onus is on my wife to convince them that this relationship is genuine.
I hope & pray that everything goes according to our wishes.

You see with these ppl the more evidence you present to them the more genuine the relationship appears, of course it takes some good verbal evidence too on the part of the wife or the husband in this case.

Some day all of this is going to be just a faded memory for all of us.

regards.

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
If you are using skype on your own computer - it does keep track of all skype calls (computer to computer and to phones), chats and text messages. I don't use msn for voice - but I do know you can track and save all of your chat conversations.

If you don't have any proof of correspondence since you're application was sent - your husband will need to explain why. If there are legitmate reasons why - just be straightforward and tell them why. In the end it will be a matter of them believing your husband - and if he really loves you it's very likely they will be able to tell that he is genuine.

Don't worry about it too much - just be prepared for questions.

Tracy

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hi Everyone
I was just catching up reading all the posts. When we got our call for our interview i was in morocco. It was a wednesday. And it was the following week our interview was scheduled just a week after the phone call. They also asked us to bring more information like chats,phone bills more wedding pics with other family members in the pics. I sent pics but with just us but they wanted proof that family members were there to. Mostly all the same stuff i allready sent to them. We just copied them and he brought them to the interview the only thing different he brought was more pics of wedding with the family in them. When you leave that interview you will have a good idea if they believe you or not. Ask them alot of questions about if you were accepted or not. I am sure everyone will get a call soon.

Take Care
Kelly

Nooda

Star Member
Jun 25, 2007
Hi Raven:
I read your post , you seem to be worried about not been able to show the interviewers the wedding video.
Here is a link to a software you can use to produce still photos. I hope it will help you to get more photos for the interview.

http://www.topdrawerdownloads.com/download/104617

Yasmina : you can use this software too to get more photos from your video.

To Yasmina and the rest of you who are using skype as a way of communication, skype will only keep the last 6 months of records.

Nooda

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Hi All,

I am really worried about something and just wanted to see how everyone else's experience was.

I received my sponsorship approval letter on October 26, 2007. But to date, my husband has not received a letter from Rabat saying that they have received our documents in Rabat. How long did your husbands/wives have to wait to get this letter?

Thanks,
Becca

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
Becca,
don't worry, we got our sponsorship approval Aug. 11 and our acknowledgement letter from the embassy didn't come until Sept. 10th, although it was dated Aug. 16th. give it some more time before you worry.

Raven,
I don't believe you need one photo with everyone in it from the wedding. I think there were about 100 people coming and going from our "fete" and there's no possible way we could get everyone in one shot. I believe it's more a matter of just having a variety of photos with various family members.
We made copies of our skype talks the first time so we will do that again for the interview for sure.

Kelly, thanks for sharing your timing experience! That's four couples I've heard of now who all had less than 2 weeks notice before the interview. It's good to have an idea since I need to send my husband some stuff by mail and you know how long that can take sometimes!
hopefully there will be another person with good news on here soon....

Val