+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
Unbelievable... today my husband came home to find a letter from the embassy. It is a letter asking for a second medical. The one the Dr asked for and said he needed.

So first of all I was right about the IO... she is a twit. She never told him about a letter... never said she would mail anything AND it was mailed 6 DAYS AFTER the interview and he just got it today.

Second ... my husband has already made the medical with another Dr... so now what the heck are we supposed to do?? ?? I sure as heck can't afford to send another $200 for another one.

Third... it teaches me a lesson in listening to my husband... he wanted to wait and be patient and I did not and now we are in a screwed up situation because the letter requests it be done by the same Dr. If only I had just listened to him... :( I feel it is my fault because I rushed him.. and I was listening to everyone else saying too many things. Don't get me wrong.. I know there is a lot of good advice out here... but this time I should have just stayed the course with my husband.

So all I can say to anyone else going through this... WAIT WAIT WAIT... don't try to rush anything and don't try to do things without instruction from the embassy itself!!

I have no idea what is going to happen now or what to do.
It will be fine Dair. A medical is a medical. Send the receipt from the one he did to the VO in Rabat. It will really be ok.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
dair2dv8103100 said:
Unbelievable... today my husband came home to find a letter from the embassy. It is a letter asking for a second medical. The one the Dr asked for and said he needed.

So first of all I was right about the IO... she is a twit. She never told him about a letter... never said she would mail anything AND it was mailed 6 DAYS AFTER the interview and he just got it today.

Second ... my husband has already made the medical with another Dr... so now what the heck are we supposed to do?? ?? I sure as heck can't afford to send another $200 for another one.

Third... it teaches me a lesson in listening to my husband... he wanted to wait and be patient and I did not and now we are in a screwed up situation because the letter requests it be done by the same Dr. If only I had just listened to him... :( I feel it is my fault because I rushed him.. and I was listening to everyone else saying too many things. Don't get me wrong.. I know there is a lot of good advice out here... but this time I should have just stayed the course with my husband.

So all I can say to anyone else going through this... WAIT WAIT WAIT... don't try to rush anything and don't try to do things without instruction from the embassy itself!!

I have no idea what is going to happen now or what to do.
using another doctor is fine, sending the medical before it is requested is equally as fine! we did both without any consequences. be happy that you are that much further ahead :)

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
I agree with Rejessome & Lois Lane...it will be ok. Your hubby did what they said and it's still a medical. ((HUGZ))

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
I spent more than 4 hours at the Immigration Appeal Division downtown Vancouver. The appellant was a Vietnamese woman the same age as me. Her husband in Vietnam is 13 years younger than her. They got married in June 2009. It was her 3rd marriage. They got refused in 2011. I guess they filed for appeal during summer 2011 as they received the blue file from the visa office in October. In January she got an ADR and she lost. Then 2 or 3 months after (that is today) they got full hearing. It was VERY interesting, VERY informative. I learned a lot and I wrote down most of the questions asked by her lawyer and by the CIC counsel. There was a translator as even though she immigrated in Canada in 1994, her English was poor. Both sides asked questions to her, then they phoned her husband and again both sides asked questions to the husband. My immigration consultant said it is more likely I will get full hearing instead of ADR and it will be some time in September. There are 98 days left before I see my husband again! I already packed my suitcase this week! Can you believe that? lol

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
rjessome said:
It will be fine Dair. A medical is a medical. Send the receipt from the one he did to the VO in Rabat. It will really be ok.
Lois Lane said:
using another doctor is fine, sending the medical before it is requested is equally as fine! we did both without any consequences. be happy that you are that much further ahead :)
Try convincing my husband of that. He was so upset tonight he would barely talk. He had a migraine and was pretty unresponsive. He actually asked me if I was upset with HIM.. ??

He also told me tonight that the DMP he ended up going to showed him a pile of medicals waiting to go to France. The Dr said once he had enough he would send them all and it might be a month before that happens?? !! Then he demanded 400Dh...for "FedEx" he said. Yet we have no idea when he is going to actually send the medical?? ?? My husband had a bad feeling from the start about him and he was right. The original DMP was professional and even helpful in trying to get information from the embassy for him. She offered fast or regular service and did not demand the money if we decided to go with regular service. She even suggested that the IO would mail something and to wait for it.

I just feel terrible for putting him on the hot seat like that and rushing him. I will try to tell him tomorrow to just send the receipt he has... but I don't know if he will listen to me or not and really I would not blame if he didn't at this point. I can only hope and pray things will work out ok.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Another thing that irritates me is that my husband told me he saw the paper he ended up receiving requesting the medical on her desk when he was there for the interview but since he did not know what it was for he didn't ask and he assumed what she said was how it was. Now that he has the paper in his hands he believes she only mailed it to see if he actually lives at that address.

My point is that no matter what the reason..she should have told him he needed a paper and that she would be mailing it.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
That VO seems to be really messed up. I can deal with long waits and backlogs. What I have a harder time with is incompetence.

Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
As I thought my husband is not going to take the receipt to the embassy. He spoke with the Dr that did the medical. He told my husband to bring in the letter from the embassy and that he would fill it in and fax it to them. Who knows how long that will take considering he told my husband during his appointment it might be a month before he sends the medical to France. Then he told my husband today that he already sent the papers ?? ?? ?? but my husband does not believe him because of what he said while doing the medical.

So my husband says it is not him that takes the receipt it is the Dr that will let them know. He says there is nothing in the letter about taking a receipt to them. I can't convince him otherwise at this point. I just shut my mouth and said nothing more.

I really don't know what else to say or do. Rabat has absolutely no consistency in their process. So there is really no way to give anyone advice. You just have to go through your own process at their time and their way.

So back to waiting.

April_Mourad

Mar 25, 2012
Hi everyone!

Canadian lady married to a Moroccan for two years now. We are currently doing the paper work and trying to gather all documents together to mail off to Mississauga, Ontario for the PR. I hold two jobs, One job is seasonal only and 2nd job is part time. Both pay low wages from 9.50 to 12.00 an hour, leaving me to remain on Government assistance to support my rent that costs me 1209.00 a month, I apply for Government assistance to support my 3 children because the ex husband won't pay for them, so I'm actually taking him to court to help on his part. Now my question is, What are my chances of my husband getting approved to reside with me. We are definitely in love, We have over 2000 photos together, phone bill is out of control! Saved email messages and plenty of love for eachother.. hehe, We have only met one time during my 3 month visit in Morocco of 2010. I plan to return this June for a month or two to take care of him and come back to my children. Should I write up a cover letter to the CIC and explain as to why I hold two jobs and still apply for Social Assistance in Canada. I don't know if anyone else has had the same issue as I am going through, but please respond. Would love to communicate with anyone! Cheers.

April~

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

April_Mourad said:
Hi everyone!

Canadian lady married to a Moroccan for two years now. We are currently doing the paper work and trying to gather all documents together to mail off to Mississauga, Ontario for the PR. I hold two jobs, One job is seasonal only and 2nd job is part time. Both pay low wages from 9.50 to 12.00 an hour, leaving me to remain on Government assistance to support my rent that costs me 1209.00 a month, I apply for Government assistance to support my 3 children because the ex husband won't pay for them, so I'm actually taking him to court to help on his part. Now my question is, What are my chances of my husband getting approved to reside with me. We are definitely in love, We have over 2000 photos together, phone bill is out of control! Saved email messages and plenty of love for eachother.. hehe, We have only met one time during my 3 month visit in Morocco of 2010. I plan to return this June for a month or two to take care of him and come back to my children. Should I write up a cover letter to the CIC and explain as to why I hold two jobs and still apply for Social Assistance in Canada. I don't know if anyone else has had the same issue as I am going through, but please respond. Would love to communicate with anyone! Cheers.

April~

If you are collecting social assistance, you are ineligible as a sponsor. Writing a letter will not help.

April_Mourad

Mar 25, 2012
I see,

I guess This is something I have to tackle on harder and get off the assistance and find better work!!
Does CIC require a certain amount of annual income and what other info should we be aware of before submitting
our documents??

Thanx!

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
dair2dv8103100 said:
As I thought my husband is not going to take the receipt to the embassy. He spoke with the Dr that did the medical. He told my husband to bring in the letter from the embassy and that he would fill it in and fax it to them. Who knows how long that will take considering he told my husband during his appointment it might be a month before he sends the medical to France. Then he told my husband today that he already sent the papers ?? ?? ?? but my husband does not believe him because of what he said while doing the medical.

So my husband says it is not him that takes the receipt it is the Dr that will let them know. He says there is nothing in the letter about taking a receipt to them. I can't convince him otherwise at this point. I just shut my mouth and said nothing more.

I really don't know what else to say or do. Rabat has absolutely no consistency in their process. So there is really no way to give anyone advice. You just have to go through your own process at their time and their way.

So back to waiting.
your husband doesnt have to take the receipt anywhere, dont worry about it! redid medical twice my husband was never given a receipt..

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
April_Mourad said:
I see,

I guess This is something I have to tackle on harder and get off the assistance and find better work!!
Does CIC require a certain amount of annual income and what other info should we be aware of before submitting
our documents??

Thanx!
as long as you are not receiving from public assistant any income is fine....best of luck!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
April_Mourad said:
I see,

our documents??

Thanx!
There are no minimum income requirements to sponsor a spouse. However you cannot be on social assistance or bankrupt.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
scylla said:
There are no minimum income requirements to sponsor a spouse. However you cannot be on social assistance or bankrupt.
you can be bankrupt.....you must be discharged before applying to be a sponsor